2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Very impressed so far!!
By benzcrazy1 on 01/01/12 15:35 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Fusion SE with 44k miles from the dealer that I work at. I own 5 cars already so trying to find number 6, I was going to be picky, this was going to be my daily driver but I wanted to have something fun, reliable but efficient. I am completely impressed with everything so far! The gas milage is great! so far its staying right around 25. It is so comfortable and fun and easy to drive as well! Amazing trunk space and such a smooth ride, almost as equal as my Mercedes! I am a huge Ford truck guy but never thought much about their cars, I am definitely converted! Great job Ford!! You definitely reeled me in with this one!

Buying at end of lease
By lga2 on 07/02/11 10:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did alot of research when I leased the fusion and the reviews were great. Now I am here for research after driving the car for 3 years and 54,000 miles. It has a new battery and now needs tires but other than that it has not been in the shop except for routine maintenance. It looks and drives like it did when it was new and the gas miliage is still in the high 20's to low 30's. Based on the reviews I read today I understand why my residual value is far below wholesale and retail value. There don't seem to be many used fusions on the lot so I guess most people are keeping them after the lease is done. Kudos Ford, I have never fealt the need to review a car before.

Escape from '97 Taurus to '08 Fusion
By SgtKung on 07/19/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Won't bother talking about the '97 Taurus...those who have owned one KNOW what sort of car it is, and why I got rid of it. Originally didn't even consider the Fusion - honestly, I didn't think it was in my price range. Once I realized it was, I did the research and discovered it was a very reliable car. We paid $12K for an '08 Fusion SE, 25K miles, balance of the warranty, etc. VERY pleased so far. Not the fastest car out there, but for an I-4 it is actually quite powerful. Interior/exterior styling and comfort are VERY nice and comfortable; plenty of trunk room for the size, etc. I *HIGHLY* recommend it - assuming it stays reliable, we'll drive it until the wheels fall off. :)

Switched from an accord
By Pete on 06/29/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2006 Accord for this because I needed an automatic transmission (Accord was manual). Enjoying it a lot so far - very comparable to an Accord in feel and handling, quieter road noise, comfortable interior. Highway MPG is great - I was just getting 35 MPG (according to the dashboard) while driving this morning. City MPG is ok, but not great. I haven't tried out the Sync yet, but hopefully it works well. Interior seems a bit roomier than the Accord. I also noticed the poor rear visibility, but it hasn't bothered me too much yet, as I'm comfortable using all my mirrors.

A nice surprise
By Kyle on 05/09/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Fusion pre-owned 6 months ago, due to being in an accident with my old car. I bought a Suede White SE model with the four cylinder, the Sun and Sound package, and the back-up sensors. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 21k on it, and have since put on 15k problem free miles. My only complaint about the car is the trunk line comes very high and makes it difficult to see out the back window (back-up sensors help!!).

The best car I'd never considered
By Kung on 03/16/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our 1997 Taurus finally had one too many malfunctions; so we set out to look for a new vehicle. I ran across a review here on Edmund's stating that Fusions are fairly reliable. Further research bore that out; and we bought a 2008 Fusion, 25K miles, I-4/auto, SE package, with warranty and other extras (backup sensors) for exactly $12K. We are VERY pleased. I've only owned it a week, so reliability reports will be coming in the future; but it rides VERY smoothly, accelerates surprisingly fast for a 4-banger, and fit and finish are definitely a notch above for Ford. Sound system (with 6-disc MP3 changer) is more than sufficient, and the car has plenty of cup holders. :D VERY satisfied.

Must have gotten a LEMON!!!
By Stacey on 02/14/10 15:08 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every 4 months in the shop for repairs. Ball joints, serpentine belt, Idler pully, Wheel bearings and casing, heater blower, timing belt and pulley system for timing belt all repairs in lest than 2 years. I have 52,00 miles on it so it is very frustrating. All repairs happened before 36,000 miles except for the Idler pulley and serpentine belt that just went bad on 2/10/10. No luck what so ever with this car. Not the best gas mileage in the winter, and sync radio doesn't stay synced like it should. It is so hard to hear that so many people have had no problems and they love their car,I really with I could say the same because without all the repairs the car would be great!

I love the ford fusion
By naterater on 01/26/10 15:39 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 34,000 miles on my fusion and it still runs and looks great i recentlu took it on a 600 mile road trip and it handled great. i was impressed how it handled and accelerated on the heavy traffic highways. I got good gas mileage as well. I enjoy the fusion and think ford did a good job. only problem i am having is a ticking sound whrnever i run the air and heat but im sure its an easy fix and still under warranty but i totally reccomend this car to anyone. its just a fun clean looking car and the premium sound package is amazing

a can-do car
By altinnova on 01/18/10 16:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a dealer demo with 4000 miles on the odometer almost one year ago, and have no regrets. We were looking for a mid-size sedan that could accomodate five adults and their luggage comfortably and that would handle well on snowy and icy roads. The 2008 Fusion fits the bill. Ride is smooth and quiet. Handling is effortless. Very responsive brakes. Took the car out a month ago after a monster snowstorm (18"), and the car absolutely refused to slide around (NB: my Fusion came with Continental all-weather tires). Many other drivers got stuck on the back roads, but the Fusion kept on going. High back limits rear view a bit. Only getting 22 mpg, but we live in a city.

luv my Fusion
By b on 10/27/09 16:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

great car, I4 with manual trans is tons of fun. Fuel economy is great ~34 mpg hwy. Very quick. I was looking at a used 07 A4 for 26000 and found this new 08 Fusion for 14 and change. What a value. Ford is back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan in WA is:

$159 per month*