Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car For The Money, with minor flaws
By milennia

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Now owning this car for two years, and I am very satisfied. It currently has 92,000 miles. Pros: The V6 engine performs very well with the 6-speed automatic, the exterior ages really well, it's not that expensive compared to the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, etc., and I'm averaging 26.5 MPG (80% highway, 20% city). Very quiet interior, comfortable and smooth. Cons: The interior, imo, is a bit vanilla to my taste, also the door handle (on the driver side) is peeling . Another flaw is that the interior material under the airbag is starting to warp. Other than those flaws, it's a very nice car, and I would recommend it.

Favorite Features

Very engaging to drive, excellent power with the V6 engine, and very quiet. If you want a car that's fun to drive, hauls well with the V6, is comfortable and affordable, this is the car for you.

Suggested Improvements

Just wish the interior was better with build quality.

Never Again
By cnvrtdchevygrl

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2008 Ford Fusion for my daughter for her 16th birthday. Have had the car 3 years and we're now working on tranny #3! Contacted the dealer and FMC with no help from either. Was actually told that the Fusions are "throw away" cars and that most people only keep them for a year or two before trading them in. Drove the car to work because mechanic said it was "drivable" and from 1st gear the car revved at 4000rpms before kicking into 2nd gear. The interior is very shabby, the drivers wheel is cracked and the door handles are peeling to the point where we cut our hands on them. Had to use duct tape to cover them so no one else would get hurt.

Favorite Features

????????

Suggested Improvements

Stand behind your products!

ok
By cpletan

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i average 27 both city/highway and its ok to drive. but the temp sensor is screwy throws engine lite.

Suggested Improvements

fix temp sensor and low tire light needs better sign.

Economical and Reliable
By dw1234511

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my 2008 fusion for about 2 years, purchased in Sept. 2010 from the dealer at 38k miles. It now has about 60k miles on it. I judge a vehicle based on number of maintenance issues. I have had 0 issues during my time of ownership, therefore the car has met my expectations. It's a very nice sedan and gets about 31 mpg on the highway. I would recommend the Fusion to a prospective buyer.

Not what I expected
By dmw82

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw this car come out in 2006, it stole my heart! Traded in my 2007 ford focus for a 2008 fusion. The first three years of having the car was great. By the fourth year things started going on the car. The leather was ripping and noticed harsh shiffting. Come to find out there is a problem with the valve body which is inside the transmission. Then my ac went in the car. Had to replace the air temperature sensor, evaporator core, and heater core. In Florida you can't be without ac. Total cost was $1600.00. Now looking for a diffferent car and it won't be a ford. Thats why they nicknamed Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Favorite Features

Automatic lights, aux plug, controls are all reach for driver, big trunk.