2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Never Again
By cnvrtdchevygrl on 07/26/13 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2008 Ford Fusion for my daughter for her 16th birthday. Have had the car 3 years and we're now working on tranny #3! Contacted the dealer and FMC with no help from either. Was actually told that the Fusions are "throw away" cars and that most people only keep them for a year or two before trading them in. Drove the car to work because mechanic said it was "drivable" and from 1st gear the car revved at 4000rpms before kicking into 2nd gear. The interior is very shabby, the drivers wheel is cracked and the door handles are peeling to the point where we cut our hands on them. Had to use duct tape to cover them so no one else would get hurt.

ok
By cpletan on 03/26/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i average 27 both city/highway and its ok to drive. but the temp sensor is screwy throws engine lite.

Economical and Reliable
By dw1234511 on 12/14/12 12:27 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my 2008 fusion for about 2 years, purchased in Sept. 2010 from the dealer at 38k miles. It now has about 60k miles on it. I judge a vehicle based on number of maintenance issues. I have had 0 issues during my time of ownership, therefore the car has met my expectations. It's a very nice sedan and gets about 31 mpg on the highway. I would recommend the Fusion to a prospective buyer.

Not what I expected
By dmw82 on 08/24/12 17:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw this car come out in 2006, it stole my heart! Traded in my 2007 ford focus for a 2008 fusion. The first three years of having the car was great. By the fourth year things started going on the car. The leather was ripping and noticed harsh shiffting. Come to find out there is a problem with the valve body which is inside the transmission. Then my ac went in the car. Had to replace the air temperature sensor, evaporator core, and heater core. In Florida you can't be without ac. Total cost was $1600.00. Now looking for a diffferent car and it won't be a ford. Thats why they nicknamed Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!
By bmerrr06 on 06/07/12 10:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We got this car new in 2008. Ford was so confident in the car's performance they gave us a 5 year or 100,000 mile warranty on it! My wife put over 20k miles on it a year and it never had a problem except battery went out at 80k miles. The car is awesome on gas 30 mpg highway and like 27 city. Even with 89,000 miles we got 8k for trade in. I am not typically a big fan of American sedans but this car was roomy, reliable, inexpensive, maneuvered well, and out-performed my expectations! I would def buy another someday :)

Very impressed so far!!
By benzcrazy1 on 01/01/12 15:35 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Fusion SE with 44k miles from the dealer that I work at. I own 5 cars already so trying to find number 6, I was going to be picky, this was going to be my daily driver but I wanted to have something fun, reliable but efficient. I am completely impressed with everything so far! The gas milage is great! so far its staying right around 25. It is so comfortable and fun and easy to drive as well! Amazing trunk space and such a smooth ride, almost as equal as my Mercedes! I am a huge Ford truck guy but never thought much about their cars, I am definitely converted! Great job Ford!! You definitely reeled me in with this one!

Nice surprise from US brand auto
By bruceocala on 12/18/11 20:11 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in May. I thought I'd buy Camry again, but got this Fusion w/automatic trans. It was cheaper than Camry and frankly fit me - a big guy - like a glove. So far, smart move. It has some dumb little design annoyances, but the conveniences outweigh them. It's as economical and reliable as a Camry, offering more space in leg room, overhead, front area storage, back seat seating, and a huge trunk. The handling on turns is like a race car, yet the turning radius getting into a parking space is poor; always an extra maneuver for a tight spot.

Buying at end of lease
By lga2 on 07/02/11 10:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did alot of research when I leased the fusion and the reviews were great. Now I am here for research after driving the car for 3 years and 54,000 miles. It has a new battery and now needs tires but other than that it has not been in the shop except for routine maintenance. It looks and drives like it did when it was new and the gas miliage is still in the high 20's to low 30's. Based on the reviews I read today I understand why my residual value is far below wholesale and retail value. There don't seem to be many used fusions on the lot so I guess most people are keeping them after the lease is done. Kudos Ford, I have never fealt the need to review a car before.

Great car
By timmy3104 on 04/08/11 16:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have 72000 miles on it. I have only had one problem with it in 72k with was the Alternator went out at 50k. It was covered under my bumper to bumper so I only had to pay 100 bucks to get it fixed. I get 28 MPG with the ac on doing 75 to 80. I put Michelin energy saver tires on and am hoping that gets even better. The SYNC is the best use it everyday so easy to use. The V6 is great put your foot to the floor and it goes. This is by far the best car I have every driven.

Born to Be free
By ybbaw on 04/04/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a used Ford Fusion SEL. my first impression is that the quality of the ride is good. Heated seats are nice and duel control air works well. I'm sure as we put a few miles on it and situations change I'll have more to say about the car. But, for now it's a nice ride for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*