Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

I'll be buying another one!
By PB

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Fusion for almost five years now and other than maintenance that comes around 90,000 miles, I haven't had to do anything to it besides routine maintenance. We recently got into an accident, running into a stopped Ford F150 going about 60 mph--complete front impact. I am more in love with this car after the accident because of the fact that we all walked away with minor injuries, with my 13 month old having none. Now looking for my replacement car, I'm looking for another Fusion. The car is roomy, comfortable, and the trunk has a TON of space. Great gas mileage and an overall great, safe car.

hands down the best car I've owned
By saaf

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, 106,000 trouble free miles. Runs like new still. I just follow maintenance schedule on everything except I change transmission fluid every 30k.

Smooth on highway, good gas mileage, rock solid reliability

The 150k suggested transmission change is way to long. A fluid cant last that long. Change every 30 to 40k and follow maintenance scheduale on everything else and this car can last 300k

Great Car For The Money, with minor flaws
By milennia

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Now owning this car for two years, and I am very satisfied. It currently has 92,000 miles. Pros: The V6 engine performs very well with the 6-speed automatic, the exterior ages really well, it's not that expensive compared to the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, etc., and I'm averaging 26.5 MPG (80% highway, 20% city). Very quiet interior, comfortable and smooth. Cons: The interior, imo, is a bit vanilla to my taste, also the door handle (on the driver side) is peeling . Another flaw is that the interior material under the airbag is starting to warp. Other than those flaws, it's a very nice car, and I would recommend it.

Very engaging to drive, excellent power with the V6 engine, and very quiet. If you want a car that's fun to drive, hauls well with the V6, is comfortable and affordable, this is the car for you.

Just wish the interior was better with build quality.

Never Again
By cnvrtdchevygrl

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2008 Ford Fusion for my daughter for her 16th birthday. Have had the car 3 years and we're now working on tranny #3! Contacted the dealer and FMC with no help from either. Was actually told that the Fusions are "throw away" cars and that most people only keep them for a year or two before trading them in. Drove the car to work because mechanic said it was "drivable" and from 1st gear the car revved at 4000rpms before kicking into 2nd gear. The interior is very shabby, the drivers wheel is cracked and the door handles are peeling to the point where we cut our hands on them. Had to use duct tape to cover them so no one else would get hurt.

????????

Stand behind your products!

ok
By cpletan

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i average 27 both city/highway and its ok to drive. but the temp sensor is screwy throws engine lite.

fix temp sensor and low tire light needs better sign.