2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: This car made me Ford enthusia

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

This car made me Ford enthusiast
By dentate gyrus on

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fusion almost by chance - was looking for medium size sedan, stick shift, 4 cyl., and had Nissan or Honda on mind. Got Fusion at Airport as a rental and instantly loved it. Interior quality is superior to others in the same class. In fact, I like it's dash more than 2010, which I find garish. Good ergonomics, supportive, firm seats. 25.6 mpg in stop and go! The engine feels little underpowered, but I guess this is the price for superb fuel economy. Handling is superb. Road noise considerably less than in Accord. Drove from Pittsburgh to NYC and back and did not feel tired. Manual tranny makes it much more fun to drive. So far zero problems.

Styling, material quality, ergonomics, great fuel economy, cavernous trunk (swallowed 3 large suitcases) stick shift. steering. Paid $12K for it 3 weeks and 1000 miles ago and have a feeling that I got lot of car for my money!

Radio/Audio quality is mediocre. The car deserves better audio. Hard to reach dome light (with moonroof equipped car), no lights in glove box, leg area.