Still running strong at 125,000 miles
By smt6979 on
2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Fusion brand new w/300 miles. The car was great, never had a problem with it until it hit 65k miles. Then the transmission started to shift really hard. I had a couple of mechanics look at it and none of them could promise the transmission would last another 30k miles. I just hit 125k miles this week and the transmission still shifts hard. I do change the transmission fluid every 30k so I am sure that helps. Other than that brakes, tires, a new battery and oil changes is all it has needed. One major warning I will give is that I have not been able to get a set of tires to last more than 40k miles. Every set cups and my car is in perfect alignment according to my mechanic.
Favorite Features
Miles Per Gallon, great body style. Brakes lasted forever just replace my first set at 120k. No repairs minus standard maintenance. Reliable, sporty car for the money.
Suggested Improvements
add a K&N air filter and Autolite Uranium spark plugs as standard equipment in order to improve Miles per Gallon. Improve the suspension so it does not cup the tires every 20-30k miles and reduces road noise. Quite the cabin it is extremely loud with wind and road noise on the highway.