2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: My honest opinion

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My honest opinion
By StrikeEagle on

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fusion without ever seeing one in person and I really love this car. Gas mileage has been up to and over 30 MPG from the beginning. I also don't have any problems getting started from a full stop of punching the pedal to get out of a tight situation. The reports of slow response to gas pedal input just aren't as bad as they are made out to be. I am also 6'4" tall and have zero issues with leg and head room. I also have no problems with the turning radius. My previous vehicle was a Ranger which had a larger turning radius, so the Fusion's tighter turning is a nice change of pace.

I love the styling. I bought a Merlot with black leather interior and I love the way the vehicle looks. My first time through a drive through I was asked about the car and that has never happened to me before.

When I close the trunk, the lid sounds a little weak. A strengthened trunk lid with perhaps power closing would be a great improvement.