Used 2007 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Most Helpful|
Love my Fusion
By Kelly

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My husband leased me the car new for my birthday, when the lease was up to be terminated, I just couldn't part with it. Love the looks, styling, and handling. Wish it had a little more cabin room, by 6'2" husband has difficulty fitting because of the sunroof. I am having issues with the drivetrain making a vibrating noise, and will have to address it soon, apparently it is a common problem with the Ford/Mercury 2007 AWD's. This car is awesome in the snow! Turning radius could be better, but it went where my friend's Suburban wouldn't last year, so take that all you 4WD enthusiasts!

Favorite Features

Sporty yet elegant exterior, the trunk which can compare to my Excursion, I have no problem going to Sam's club and stocking up! I have not found a car that can compart in the snow. I like the interior, although it is extremely dated when compared to the imports.

Suggested Improvements

Radio stinks! Little more head room and leg room, better turning radius. Wish it had air/heat vents in back.

PCM Failure
By 99lightning

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an electrical engineer with a very well known company that designs electrical hardware (controllers, sensors/switches, etc). That said, all of our major parts are expected to last the life of the vehicle without failure under normal conditions. Ford electrical engineering dropped the ball when it came to the PCM controller. I have 94k miles on the car and the controller failed for no reason other than to just crap out. Control modules shouldn't fail for normal system operation or emergent behavior. Why wasn't this caught in the numerous design reviews or performance/reliability testing? 2 of my 3 vehicles are Fords, I can't say that my next is going to be. This was easily preventable.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

Powertrain control module I/O response to voltage transients, over voltage, under voltage, short to ground, short to battery, open circuit, intermittent shorts/opens, A/C coupling from adjacent circuits/plug coils, EMI susceptibility, and reverse polaity would be a start for all I/O. I would specifically test the plug coil I/O for failure conditions when the coil is about to open or short. Determine the voltage spike/transient levels that are causing the PCM output FETs to blow and protect against it. This is a big black eye for Ford given the vehicle movement towards more electronic control. Makes me question their more involved electrical systems, like on the hybrids.

Great vehicle
By Smiles

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first ford and i bought this car based off a list compiled of most reliable cars and the fusion was the only American car on the list (sad i know) but so i fell in love with it at first sight it handles great and has the room that i need with a child on the way.the car handles great specially around sharp turns and and i know the awd will come in handy this winter! i recommend this car to anyone who wants something sporty /family vehicle .

Favorite Features

Interior and Exterior, awd

Suggested Improvements

Better view when backing up/lane switching.

Best car I've owned in 45 years
By Waynes_World

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Ford I have owned in my 45 years of driving and probably the best car so far. I have owned several other brands but this Ford is a winner. I traded in an F250 diesel that broke my heart on maintenance cost and fuel economy and when I was looking for a good mileage car, I stumbled across the Fusion. I was interested in the Focus and was about to purchase one when I saw the Fusion beside the Focus and drove it. Best thing that has happened to me. The Fusion price with rebate was $17,000 and I have had only one issue with the battery failing at 30,000 miles, all else has been great on this car. I get around 26-30 mpg mixed city/hwy. The Fusion now has 36,000 and I am still happy.

Favorite Features

Ride, MPG, comfort, styling, I would not expect to have issues with a car with only 36,000 miles and I have not and so far I believe I will not with this Fusion.

Suggested Improvements

backup alert sensor when something is present cause hard to see backing up, but fixed in the newer models

Rounded
By keithfoster

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is fantastic. I bought the car brand new on August of '06 and it now has 140k miles on it. I have had almost no issues with the car. The temperature read on the engine went out and the struts are bad, that's about it. The gas mileage is great, the car is spacious and quick (not terribly fast, but quick enough to get the job done), and it is reliable. If you are looking to buy this car and you aren't sure since its an older car and may be high mileage, I hope that this helps you.

Suggested Improvements

Not great in the snow/ice/rain. My only complaint.