Used 2007 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Love my Fusion
By Kelly

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My husband leased me the car new for my birthday, when the lease was up to be terminated, I just couldn't part with it. Love the looks, styling, and handling. Wish it had a little more cabin room, by 6'2" husband has difficulty fitting because of the sunroof. I am having issues with the drivetrain making a vibrating noise, and will have to address it soon, apparently it is a common problem with the Ford/Mercury 2007 AWD's. This car is awesome in the snow! Turning radius could be better, but it went where my friend's Suburban wouldn't last year, so take that all you 4WD enthusiasts!

Sporty yet elegant exterior, the trunk which can compare to my Excursion, I have no problem going to Sam's club and stocking up! I have not found a car that can compart in the snow. I like the interior, although it is extremely dated when compared to the imports.

Radio stinks! Little more head room and leg room, better turning radius. Wish it had air/heat vents in back.

This car made me Ford enthusiast
By dentate gyrus

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fusion almost by chance - was looking for medium size sedan, stick shift, 4 cyl., and had Nissan or Honda on mind. Got Fusion at Airport as a rental and instantly loved it. Interior quality is superior to others in the same class. In fact, I like it's dash more than 2010, which I find garish. Good ergonomics, supportive, firm seats. 25.6 mpg in stop and go! The engine feels little underpowered, but I guess this is the price for superb fuel economy. Handling is superb. Road noise considerably less than in Accord. Drove from Pittsburgh to NYC and back and did not feel tired. Manual tranny makes it much more fun to drive. So far zero problems.

Styling, material quality, ergonomics, great fuel economy, cavernous trunk (swallowed 3 large suitcases) stick shift. steering. Paid $12K for it 3 weeks and 1000 miles ago and have a feeling that I got lot of car for my money!

Radio/Audio quality is mediocre. The car deserves better audio. Hard to reach dome light (with moonroof equipped car), no lights in glove box, leg area.

Extremely reliable, high quality
By Steve

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

50,000 miles in 3 years and occasionally the passenger seat creaks. That's it. Not a single lose screw, repair,rattle. Nothing. This quality is confirmed by Consumer Reports which for a few years has measured this car to be THE most reliable of any car. It's crazy - I bought the V6 for less than the price of a 4 cyl. Honda Accord. Yet, when it comes to resale, this car will be hurt simply because it's a Ford.

Super-smooth 6-speed trans., whisper quiet on the highway, huge trunk, tons of leg room, sporty handling.

My concerns have been addressed by the newer versions of the Fusion: move brake light out of rear window, quiter engine.

great car
By jdlutz

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Highly recommend this car. Sleek design and reliability! The '07 fusion has been a very reliable car for me. The seats are very comfortable, handling is great and the sirius radio is a nice add-on. The only thing about the V6 engine is the gas mileage isn't too great. I drive about 300 miles per week and spend about $37-45 each week at an avg. of $2.89/gallon. Cost is pretty reasonable for this package!

handling, acceleration, looks, safe feeling, and satellite radio

gas mileage

Better than expected
By Paul L

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Previous car was Audi A4, this was a move downward. Now have 62k on odometer, just replaced tires for first time, brakes are still good, car has no squeaks or rattles. The car had one warranty service at 35k, and oil changes. It actually seems to be getting better. I didn't expect this from Ford.

Sirius radio, leather.