Used 2007 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car!
By Ramsey

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprised on some of the negative reviews on the Fusion. Purchased my Fusion in March of 07 and now with close to 80,000 miles, have not had a single issue with the car. Change oil and go. Very roomy interior, not claustrophobic back seats like the Audi A4 and the VW Jetta. I like the car for what it is, a reliable transportation to work and for long haul trips with the family. Not an exciting car to drive, but has performed great so far. Thank you Ford for this excellent engineering and design.

Interior space, believe it or not, this has been a very reliable car.

The 4 cylinder engine has limited power and is a loud and gets some getting used to.

Great Car!
By ajakins

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Ford Fusion about 1 1/2 ago with 32K miles on it. She has been a great car! The only thing I have done is regular maintenance and put a new battery in when the other one died(I live in FL. it died int he heat of the summer) It now has 60K miles on it, and is a comfortable, quite ride. I hope to keep this car a long time and I will post when she has over 100K on her. So far so great! The new fusion's are awesome looking and when it is time to look at a newer car I will definitely check it out! I would buy this car again! :0)

Ride, comfort, sound system, overall looks.

cannot really think of any.

Great Safety Package but
By goincrazee

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love the 2007 Ford Fusion when I bought it. It had great safety features such as, side air bags, safety roll bar feature, and front passenger air bag that would turn off by weight limit. I rode smooth until about six months ago. This three year old car is having transmission problems that seems to start with a solenoid and eventually if not detected damages the transmission. Which is where I am currently with this car. Outside the transmission problem it's a great car, gets great gas mileage. It now sits in the drive way waiting for an affordable quote to so I can fix it. :(

Side air bags, automatic detect weight for front passenger air bag, roll bar feature, digital radio

Replace transmission or solenoids so the problems don't reoccur. Add power seat control to passenger seat, add low tire pressure and low oil feature to computerized trip-ometer/mileage counter.

Disapointment
By Bob

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Initially I was very impressed with this car and loved the performance. I put better tires on it and it sticks to the road like glue.

AWD, V6 and Sirius radio

I have gone through 3 batteries and now the Ford dealership will not warranty them anymore. Obviously the "Ford" battery is sub-par and they know it. Also the drivers side heated seat has a short and will fry your backside and trip the breaker. Again, not covered.

I did love the car until
By LynneD

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in September of 2007. Loved it from the moment I got it until it reached around 34,000 miles. First it broke down on the side of the road, was without my car for 5 days and got a rental. That cost me $240 and Ford reimbursed me $60. The problem was a coil and it also needed a computer which they had to order. Then last month I had a transmission problem and it had to be rebuilt. I was without my car for 3 weeks, but they did give me a loaner. 2 weeks later I again broke down on the side of the road, that was last Wednesday. Today is now Monday still no car and another coil and computer and awaiting parts. This time I have no loaner and no rental due to cost.

I love everything about its features, just wish it was more reliable as I was hoping to keep this vehicle for years