Used 2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Loved it at first
By Rachel

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Elantra for the Fusion and loved it instantly. I loved how well it handle the bumpy roads here in MA. I did a 1600 road trip and only spent $200 total on gas. However, in the last six months I have had several problems with the car. The radio text stopped working. Then the key was stuck in the ignition and it turned out to be a computer panel problem. Now the car will not start even with a new battery and clean connectors.

Long distance travel. It is such a comfortable car and fun to drive on the highway. Also, great sound system.

The front bumper could have a better curve. The passenger seat should auto adjust.

Great vehicle
By Smiles

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first ford and i bought this car based off a list compiled of most reliable cars and the fusion was the only American car on the list (sad i know) but so i fell in love with it at first sight it handles great and has the room that i need with a child on the way.the car handles great specially around sharp turns and and i know the awd will come in handy this winter! i recommend this car to anyone who wants something sporty /family vehicle .

Interior and Exterior, awd

Better view when backing up/lane switching.

Great Car!
By Ramsey

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprised on some of the negative reviews on the Fusion. Purchased my Fusion in March of 07 and now with close to 80,000 miles, have not had a single issue with the car. Change oil and go. Very roomy interior, not claustrophobic back seats like the Audi A4 and the VW Jetta. I like the car for what it is, a reliable transportation to work and for long haul trips with the family. Not an exciting car to drive, but has performed great so far. Thank you Ford for this excellent engineering and design.

Interior space, believe it or not, this has been a very reliable car.

The 4 cylinder engine has limited power and is a loud and gets some getting used to.

Great Car!
By ajakins

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Ford Fusion about 1 1/2 ago with 32K miles on it. She has been a great car! The only thing I have done is regular maintenance and put a new battery in when the other one died(I live in FL. it died int he heat of the summer) It now has 60K miles on it, and is a comfortable, quite ride. I hope to keep this car a long time and I will post when she has over 100K on her. So far so great! The new fusion's are awesome looking and when it is time to look at a newer car I will definitely check it out! I would buy this car again! :0)

Ride, comfort, sound system, overall looks.

cannot really think of any.

Great Safety Package but
By goincrazee

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love the 2007 Ford Fusion when I bought it. It had great safety features such as, side air bags, safety roll bar feature, and front passenger air bag that would turn off by weight limit. I rode smooth until about six months ago. This three year old car is having transmission problems that seems to start with a solenoid and eventually if not detected damages the transmission. Which is where I am currently with this car. Outside the transmission problem it's a great car, gets great gas mileage. It now sits in the drive way waiting for an affordable quote to so I can fix it. :(

Side air bags, automatic detect weight for front passenger air bag, roll bar feature, digital radio

Replace transmission or solenoids so the problems don't reoccur. Add power seat control to passenger seat, add low tire pressure and low oil feature to computerized trip-ometer/mileage counter.