Used 2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Most Helpful|
Quality & Value
By bpayton63

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very disappointed with the quality if this car. I have had to replace a front wheel barring not 2 months after purchase and have had transmission problems this car does not have the power you can't pass unless your going down hill or have plenty of room it does not feel safe on the interstate. The battery terminal went bad and that had to be replaced too. The interior is cheap and the seats are already separating (I weigh only 125 lbs) and the trunk doesn't say open. As far as design and comfort I love it that is why I purchased this model. Unfortunately you'd better love it because there is no trade in value my $16,000 car is only worth $7,600 depreciated 1/2 in 8 months.

Favorite Features

I really like the design and it is good on fuel mileage. This car does handle very well in heavy rain and seems to be balanced so there is no hydroplaning.

Suggested Improvements

Interior and overall quality. I purchased this car because the great reviews but on websites such as this but unfortunately my experience is not so good. Certified Used Car means nothing.

Great vehicle
By Smiles

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first ford and i bought this car based off a list compiled of most reliable cars and the fusion was the only American car on the list (sad i know) but so i fell in love with it at first sight it handles great and has the room that i need with a child on the way.the car handles great specially around sharp turns and and i know the awd will come in handy this winter! i recommend this car to anyone who wants something sporty /family vehicle .

Favorite Features

Interior and Exterior, awd

Suggested Improvements

Better view when backing up/lane switching.

Love my Fusion
By Kelly

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My husband leased me the car new for my birthday, when the lease was up to be terminated, I just couldn't part with it. Love the looks, styling, and handling. Wish it had a little more cabin room, by 6'2" husband has difficulty fitting because of the sunroof. I am having issues with the drivetrain making a vibrating noise, and will have to address it soon, apparently it is a common problem with the Ford/Mercury 2007 AWD's. This car is awesome in the snow! Turning radius could be better, but it went where my friend's Suburban wouldn't last year, so take that all you 4WD enthusiasts!

Favorite Features

Sporty yet elegant exterior, the trunk which can compare to my Excursion, I have no problem going to Sam's club and stocking up! I have not found a car that can compart in the snow. I like the interior, although it is extremely dated when compared to the imports.

Suggested Improvements

Radio stinks! Little more head room and leg room, better turning radius. Wish it had air/heat vents in back.

PCM Failure
By 99lightning

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an electrical engineer with a very well known company that designs electrical hardware (controllers, sensors/switches, etc). That said, all of our major parts are expected to last the life of the vehicle without failure under normal conditions. Ford electrical engineering dropped the ball when it came to the PCM controller. I have 94k miles on the car and the controller failed for no reason other than to just crap out. Control modules shouldn't fail for normal system operation or emergent behavior. Why wasn't this caught in the numerous design reviews or performance/reliability testing? 2 of my 3 vehicles are Fords, I can't say that my next is going to be. This was easily preventable.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

Powertrain control module I/O response to voltage transients, over voltage, under voltage, short to ground, short to battery, open circuit, intermittent shorts/opens, A/C coupling from adjacent circuits/plug coils, EMI susceptibility, and reverse polaity would be a start for all I/O. I would specifically test the plug coil I/O for failure conditions when the coil is about to open or short. Determine the voltage spike/transient levels that are causing the PCM output FETs to blow and protect against it. This is a big black eye for Ford given the vehicle movement towards more electronic control. Makes me question their more involved electrical systems, like on the hybrids.

Try it you'll like it
By Mark

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Live in the snowbelt of Northern Ohio. Needed a new car, test drove everything in this class with the exception of the Fusion. Decided to buy an Impala but the deal was not to my liking. Went to the local Ford dealer and test drove the AWD SEL and bought it as soon as I returned from the test drive. Mind you I bought it during a snow storm and was very impressed with the AWD system. I drive 70 mi a day and love driving this car. Great seats,audio and climate control. Averaging 26 mpg on highway and 22 in city and I am an aggressive driver.The interior absolutely beats all otheer cars in this class. Love the seat warmers!

Favorite Features

6 disc CD audiophile interior (piano black) very classy MPG Lots of room for the entire family (great back seat room).

Suggested Improvements

View out rear window when adult passengers in back seat. A few more horses would be nice.