2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
First 2000 miles
By Mikey on 01/11/07 16:19 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting 27mpg in mixed driving. I love the smooth ride and the way it corners. You really have to look at the appearance package - it comes with leather-like seats with black and red cloth inserts, 17" wheels, smoke chrome grill, upgraded radio (I love the iPod jack that plays your iPod).The manual transmission has a nice feel. The fog lamps work very well.This package is only about $300 more. I also got the rear spoiler. Not one problem with car. Only thing I would suggest is after about a hundred miles I would open her up a little bit to seat the rings, I babied the car and found I was a quart and a half low on oil, so I set the rings. After adding oil, the more I drive the car the more I like it.

great handling
By tbone on 01/06/07 09:17 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This AWD model has the great handling I love in our Subaru. The engine is responsive enough for everyday driving. Some people complain it's underpowered but for the price and package it's a great value. If you want Mustang or Corvette speeds, go get one of them. This car handles a turn like a wide receiver - sure-footed and quick. Some people complain about road noise but I haven't found it objectionable. My son said the engine, when revved hard, sounds "like Lightning McQueen" (from the movie Cars). That's fine with me. The other feature I enjoy is spacious front and rear seating. I'm 6'4" and there's still room for a real person to sit behind me with no discomfort.

I drive a lot of miles
By Billy Landers on 01/02/07 10:43 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a Taurus many years. This car has great trunk space and is all usable, as oppose to having a trunk with a lot of bumps that cause you to not be able to really get suitcases to lay flat. The power of the V6 is amazing.

Good family car
By starrdriver on 12/30/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pleasant family sedan. Even with the 4-cylinder, it cruises smoothly and quietly at highway speeds. I'm getting over 28 mpg (manual trans). Clutch engagement is easy and smooth. After driving more powerful cars, the biggest adjustment is I need to downshift to safely pass on two-lane roads. At 80-mph the engine is turning about 3500 RPM and sounds a little busy.

SMART CHOICE
By LOVINTHEFUSION on 12/28/06 19:59 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth, zippy, tight, quiet, with great appeal, inside and out. I bought this car for my daughter and she loves it. We looked at/test drove Cobalts and Focuses first and then found that the Fusion is way worth the extra $1,500 we paid. Only driven it 300 miles so far, but it truly is a quality car at a great price. The 5M is gutsy, quick, and feels like a 6-cylinder, not a 4 banger. Visibility is excellent in all directions. Very little road noise. Love the cruise design on the steering wheel.

Give the imports a run for their money
By Nils on 12/28/06 12:57 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I waited to review this vehicle, because I really wanted to try it for a month before giving my final impression. One thing that I've like about what Ford has done with their cars has been the conservative design of the interiors. Nothing flashy, everything is in a place that makes sense, and the quality feels fine. Some people have complained about engine noise on the 4 cylinder, but I don't think it's that obnoxious. It's a fun to drive car for a mid-size. I'm impressed with the fuel economy, it gets about as good of mileage as the Focus I used to own. It makes my 30 mile commute to work painless, I enjoy driving with this car.

California Fusion Review
By TrojanAffairs on 12/05/06 15:59 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really do like this car, but the only problem is that there isn't enough power. I would've gone for the V6, but they didn't have it in a manual. In any case, the reliability and build quality of the car is great (my family has owned 4 Fords in the past and this is definitely the best). The interior isn't any worse than the Accord or Camry, but all three are pretty ugly. The interior design is simple (which is a good thing) and the leather wrapped stick feels great to drive.

Great Car!
By dallas on 12/04/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was originally thinking about an Impala or used Camry. I am very glad I chose the Fusion. I have averaged 32- 34 MPG on two lane highway, 29-30 MPG on interstate and overall about 27 MPG. We have one young child under a year old and have plenty of room for everything during our long trips home (~400 miles). The only drawback is turning radius which I was aware of before buying the car, but it does not turn on a dime, more like a nickel. I have 13,000 miles on it already and have enjoyed them all. I drove several late model Dakota's previously and this car is just as fun and enjoyable to drive. I recommend it fully.

Great Car
By Otaku on 12/01/06 02:54 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first new car, purchased for college and expecting 15k a year. So far I'm impressed with the car - it's comfy with a nice ride and it's quiet. It's practical with lots of room for people and things but also fun to drive thanks to the great handling. I purchased the awd model due to where I live - we get snow; in fact the day I bought it I drove home in snow very confidently, car has lots of grip. Only things I can think of needing to be addressed are build quality (just a bit) fuel economy could be better I think and the engine could be better which I hear is on the way (but even that engine now used in the MKZ isn't so great). Mine was loaded except for navigation system. I paid $24,000.

My Fusion
By Whoever on 11/29/06 07:29 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Very sensible - sedan but feels like a coupe...very good handling (and I don't prefer front wheel drives) very easy on fuel unless you jump on it, but the power is there when you demand it. That's because of a very well tuned six speed transmission. Definitely go for the six cylinder six speed auto transmission...smooth power, less hard working engine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.