Used 2007 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

It is a very good family car!
By Memphisian

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I own this Fusion SE for more than 1 year. You can not complain a lot on this car, except the power seat: I don't use it every month. It has no problem from the day I bought it. I drive almost all local and I can get 28/26 during summer/winter season, which is same gas mileage as my wife's Focus SE. It is better than my colleague's new Accord. I love the sound system and use it everyday. The power features are very convenient. Compared to Focus, it is so quiet. The computer is also a great feature. Now I hope it can be 10 years problems free. Best wish Ford can gain reputation again and be "proud to be made in America"!

Favorite Features

6 disc CD / MP3 sound system; power features; very good fuel efficiency;

Suggested Improvements

The power seat is not necessary; the CD panel and interface can be better; front light and grille are not as good as Milan and MKZ;

Competes with Camry for cost of Corolla
By Don

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

No car can match the features in the same price range. Very pleased. Consistently gets over 35 mpg hwy, 30 city. Best was 40.1 mpg on a trip of 280 miles, fully loaded! Most of car (60% +) is Mazda 6, platform, so this is no recycled Taurus. Very agile at 3100 lbs, brakes stop hard, and 4 banger has same acceleration as a 5 cyl Jetta. Seats are super comfortable, and trunk is large, equal to my midsize cougar. Best bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

Steering CD/radio controls, satellite inputs. Variable intake valving (plenum?), eliminates the sluggish HP curve at 1500-3000 rpm. Winds out good for 4 banger. Scotch guarded seats.

Suggested Improvements

Visors fall (bad clips), Instrument cluster creaks on cold days, annoying fake carbon fiber dash trim. Steering wheel grip is too large to be comfortable.

Great car needs little improvement
By Michael K

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car in January 2007. It had great gas mileage and is a very very good looking car in my opinion. There were only a few things I think should be changed. The 4 cylinder really lacks power, to the point it drove me crazy! The 6 cylinder would make it a wonderful car! The only problem I had was the brakes making a snapping sound, especially braking after backing up, I saw several different Fusions that had that problem. Other than that it was an awesome car. Very reliable and solid, I think Ford did a great job with this car overall.

Favorite Features

Great looks, awesome wheels, decent stereo, roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Complete overhaul of the 4 cylinder engine- really lacks power, not too much more!

A new face for Ford?
By Snake

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When we bought this car I wavered a bit because it is a Ford but man have they changed on this car! For a mid- size car can this car move, looks like a perfect hybrid of mid-size and sports car. My wife loves the exterior look of the car and the lights. I would buy the Ford Fusion again in a hearbeat.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks great! Drives great! Multiple MP3/CD player sounds great! Comfortable and manueverable!

Suggested Improvements

I wish we would have bought the V6 engine, and some of the other options.

This is a Ford?
By swamprat

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car. I had already decided to buy Asian until I drove this car. I've had it 20 months and still love it. Not one problem encountered so far. Good fuel economy about 28 at 65+ and 24 combined.

Favorite Features

Design, comfort, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Has a few blind spots on driver side and rear.