Used 2007 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car!
By Ramsey

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprised on some of the negative reviews on the Fusion. Purchased my Fusion in March of 07 and now with close to 80,000 miles, have not had a single issue with the car. Change oil and go. Very roomy interior, not claustrophobic back seats like the Audi A4 and the VW Jetta. I like the car for what it is, a reliable transportation to work and for long haul trips with the family. Not an exciting car to drive, but has performed great so far. Thank you Ford for this excellent engineering and design.

Favorite Features

Interior space, believe it or not, this has been a very reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

The 4 cylinder engine has limited power and is a loud and gets some getting used to.

Loving it!
By Austin

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

To be honest I never thought I would have purchased a ford in my life. I just got this car almost 7 months ago and after driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse for the last 4 years i was very surprised on how much I love this car. Not only does it drive better than Cadillac cts (less boat like), which I test drove before getting this, but you really get your moneys worth. Although I do miss having the speed and cutting the corners that my coupe offered, this car really handles very nice and looks sharp. I will never go back to Mitsubishi now and really feel that ford is making quite a comeback. I've had no trouble at all. It is built strong and see it lasting quite a long time.

Favorite Features

I really like the size and the fact that it still has some zip to it. I think the space is perfect and OMG the trunk is massive, I can pick stuff up from the lumberyard and put the seats down and it fits great. Don't believe the bad reviews obviously the people disappointed went to a crappy dealer.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I might change would be a little bit more chrome accents in the interior, the newer malibus kind of have a little nicer chromed out design. Other than that I'm very pleased. I would very much recommend this to anyone looking for a great car for there money.

built not to last
By importado71

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

interior, the door hand panel broke off with a minth of haveing it, the wheel (1 of 4) is slightly larger diameter, giving it an out of balnace feel when you drive., the riviet that attached to the sunroof came off a 1 1/2 after i bought. the cd player started acting up 2 yrs after i bought, the electronic sys (fuses,etc..) went out on me little over a months ago. had to change out a few fuses but now i have no a/c and for a few days i had no working fuel gauge. the same door hand panel broke off again, extremely poor turning radius, the molding on top of the roof by the doors started cracking a few months ago, the O2 sensors went started acting up before i even hit 50K miles,

Favorite Features

descent gas mileage if you keep at 70- 75 mph (30-33 mpg)

Suggested Improvements

when a military member has to change stations (base) to overseas. to have the availability/access to have the warranty coverd while in europe. i went to the only local ford dealership in area. they refused me service due to stateside ford co. $$ problems. every email sent to ford, not one response

Great Car
By jwinn44

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It has a sleek look to it(Sporty yet elegant). Great sound system. Havn't had any maintenance issues after 50,000 miles. Really good handling(I had to swerve sharply on the highway once and the car was very responsive and easy to control). Very comfortable and plenty of space(even in the back seats). Great car for long comutes.

Favorite Features

Sound system, handling, 17" wheels, interior layout(The analog clock for the SEL is a particularly nice touch). Ford's extended warranty and pre-paid service plan(Though I haven't had any maintenance issues yet, the extended warranty and service plan are a great peace-of-mind).

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption a little high for a 4 cylinder. Sometimes a half to full second delay from when you put your foot on the gas to when you start accelorating.

Best car I ever owned
By Fuad

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years now. I must say this is the best car I have owned so far. Very durable car, reliability has been top notch.You wouldn't believe the punishment it took over the last two Canadian winters and over the pothole infested roads.I have the 5speed and trust me it makes a big difference compared to the automatic.The engine is pepy but you will notice significant power loss on very hot days.Shifter is very smooth. The suspension is one the things that I like most about this car,it handles beautifully.Trunk is big and the backseat is nice and roomy.The stereo is pretty good.I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a frugal & very well thought through car.

Favorite Features

Styling, quality, handling, stereo, trunk, steering feedback, auto headlights, steering wheel controls, auto AC, storage cubbyholes, good size, Michelin stock tires,engaging driving, averaging 27mpg. This car also has this interesting character to it.

Suggested Improvements

Green gauges, traction and stability control, 6th gear, better brakes, a little more low end torque, better turning radius and quieter motors. Everything has been taken care of for the 2010 model I believe.