Used 2007 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

The Champion
By kateymcinnes

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When i first bought this car, like a lot of others i didn't know if i would like it. after driving it home i knew i loved it. even with a breathalyzer installed, it never once let me down. I've even been in two accidents with trucks (Ford F150 and a Dodge Ram) and a car ( Toyota Corolla ) and this car withheld it all, with next to no damage. The only problem i have with it is when it sits for about a month or longer the battery will die . this has happened twice now to me but i think maybe its just time for a new battery. And another thing to note is that i've had the brakes replaced 6 times this past year . All in all this car is definatly a champion and i would recomend it to everyone.

The Steering capabilities of this car are outstanding. The Stereo is one of the best i've ever heard. This car is amazing at driving in the snow and i've driven it up mountains too .

The passenger seat should auto-adjust. The back window is a little high for shorter people like myself.

Great car for your money
By tarren602

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Fusion new with 35 miles on it in October of 06. At first I didn't think if I would really like the car or not. After a few days I fell in love with it. This is a very roomy and reliable car. I now have over 85K miles on it and it has seen 3 states. I live in AZ so the summer months really put a car through hell. This is because of the extreme heat and weather. I have changed the tires once and still have the original brake pads. The only issue I had was the battery exploding when I tried to start the car to leave for work. My wiring harness and radio needed replacing. Ford paid to have the car towed and repaired for no cost and I was given a Mustang for the time being.

Reliable, Roomy interior, nice smooth transmission, good gas mileage, very well built (mine was in a hard front end hit and had no frame or apron damage), and it has a huge trunk.

The only thing I wished they did; was give the cup holders more thought. It is hard to put 2 large drinks in them at the same time because if space. Also if I have a medium or larger cup in the first holder the shifter will hit the cup every time I shift into 3 gear.

Still running strong at 125,000 miles
By smt6979

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fusion brand new w/300 miles. The car was great, never had a problem with it until it hit 65k miles. Then the transmission started to shift really hard. I had a couple of mechanics look at it and none of them could promise the transmission would last another 30k miles. I just hit 125k miles this week and the transmission still shifts hard. I do change the transmission fluid every 30k so I am sure that helps. Other than that brakes, tires, a new battery and oil changes is all it has needed. One major warning I will give is that I have not been able to get a set of tires to last more than 40k miles. Every set cups and my car is in perfect alignment according to my mechanic.

Miles Per Gallon, great body style. Brakes lasted forever just replace my first set at 120k. No repairs minus standard maintenance. Reliable, sporty car for the money.

add a K&N air filter and Autolite Uranium spark plugs as standard equipment in order to improve Miles per Gallon. Improve the suspension so it does not cup the tires every 20-30k miles and reduces road noise. Quite the cabin it is extremely loud with wind and road noise on the highway.

Awesome Car
By angiebee189

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2007 Ford Fusion in February after I had totaled my honda civic in a pretty bad accident. I wanted something built stronger, bigger and with more safety features. I went to the Ford dealership not thinking I would be able to afford a fusion but there she was sitting pretty with a great price. I fell in love with it from the start. The car handles well, runs smooth, is WONDERFUL on gas and so far so good, haven't had any issues. It sounds like the belt for the air conditioner is getting ready to go, it squeals sometimes but ill get that looked at once summer rolls around again. Great car, big enough for a small family. I love it.

controls on the steering wheel and great sound system.

A few blind spots when trying to switch lanes or back up.

Loved it at first
By Rachel

2007 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Elantra for the Fusion and loved it instantly. I loved how well it handle the bumpy roads here in MA. I did a 1600 road trip and only spent $200 total on gas. However, in the last six months I have had several problems with the car. The radio text stopped working. Then the key was stuck in the ignition and it turned out to be a computer panel problem. Now the car will not start even with a new battery and clean connectors.

Long distance travel. It is such a comfortable car and fun to drive on the highway. Also, great sound system.

The front bumper could have a better curve. The passenger seat should auto adjust.