2007 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Overall Rating for Beginning
By fusionowner07 on 07/02/13 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Problem 5yr period Shock cheap replace front in first year $100 plus, Fuse blow-out cigarette light local under drive not glove box $3.69;FYI, Radiator leak where transmission meet $900, widow switch replace $18.00 ebay, tire tube cheap $2.00 cost of flat all four $200.00, 40,000 mile tire are cheap,too, control lower bushing cost $52.00 mazda part,labor $100.00, alignment $100.00, now orielly have it, car have not pass 100,000 miles. total rating overprice ford should refund for all cost. I will give them a do right company. If not buyer take no deal over $10,000 not 16,000 or 21,000. replace brake pad front Autozone cmax. ok feel now at 88,000

2007 Ford Fusion S 4 Cyl. 2.3 L w/auto 5 Sp.
By automojo on 02/27/13 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 Ford Fusion new (30 miles) at Sunnyvale, CA Ford in late June '07, at way below MSRP and they also included a 24 month maint. service at no charge. Now nearing 57k without a bit of problems other than replacing the battery. It still has the original brakes and Continental tires, and continues to get a combined 30 mpg. Great car, much better than the 3 Series Beemer I owned and cheaper to maintain! The new 2013 Fusion looks great and considering buying one but my '07 still runs and looks new.

It's a keeper
By jw1234 on 10/10/12 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: Smooth Drive, Powerful V6, great sound system, AWD is good in snow, lots of compliments on looks, good reception, very reliable Cons: Road noise is high, helicopter effect (back window(s) down for dog) pretty bad, blind spots are plentiful, MPG: 23.4 usually

The Champion
By kateymcinnes on 10/04/12 09:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When i first bought this car, like a lot of others i didn't know if i would like it. after driving it home i knew i loved it. even with a breathalyzer installed, it never once let me down. I've even been in two accidents with trucks (Ford F150 and a Dodge Ram) and a car ( Toyota Corolla ) and this car withheld it all, with next to no damage. The only problem i have with it is when it sits for about a month or longer the battery will die . this has happened twice now to me but i think maybe its just time for a new battery. And another thing to note is that i've had the brakes replaced 6 times this past year . All in all this car is definatly a champion and i would recomend it to everyone.

Great car for your money
By tarren602 on 08/17/11 22:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Fusion new with 35 miles on it in October of 06. At first I didn't think if I would really like the car or not. After a few days I fell in love with it. This is a very roomy and reliable car. I now have over 85K miles on it and it has seen 3 states. I live in AZ so the summer months really put a car through hell. This is because of the extreme heat and weather. I have changed the tires once and still have the original brake pads. The only issue I had was the battery exploding when I tried to start the car to leave for work. My wiring harness and radio needed replacing. Ford paid to have the car towed and repaired for no cost and I was given a Mustang for the time being.

PCM Failure
By 99lightning on 07/30/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am an electrical engineer with a very well known company that designs electrical hardware (controllers, sensors/switches, etc). That said, all of our major parts are expected to last the life of the vehicle without failure under normal conditions. Ford electrical engineering dropped the ball when it came to the PCM controller. I have 94k miles on the car and the controller failed for no reason other than to just crap out. Control modules shouldn't fail for normal system operation or emergent behavior. Why wasn't this caught in the numerous design reviews or performance/reliability testing? 2 of my 3 vehicles are Fords, I can't say that my next is going to be. This was easily preventable.

Good Car
By andrewland2003 on 01/20/11 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my used 07 Fusion in July of 08. It's been a very good car, except for the times that I've had to take it in to the dealership to have the control arms fixed, several times. No problem though, I bought the extended warranty when I bought the car, which has cover all but $100 of my expenses, and my local Ford dealership (Bartow Ford) hasn't given me any problem with getting a loner car. Ford has really won me over with this car, and their customer service.

It can be trust.
By Willy on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 47k miles I can say it, it is a very good car for the money, still original tires, no problems whatsoever, no recalls.

Great Car
By Mike d on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have had this car for three years and still love it. Just did the breaks and tires all around after 45,000 miles. The car handles and performs very well. Was going to get a Taurus again but glad we didn't. Much better gas mileage! Has lot's of power. Love to Punch It on the highway! One problem to date dealt with the sunroof. Leaks through the sunglass holder in the headliner after an extreme rain when the car is tilted downward to the front in my driveway.

Still running strong at 125,000 miles
By smt6979 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fusion brand new w/300 miles. The car was great, never had a problem with it until it hit 65k miles. Then the transmission started to shift really hard. I had a couple of mechanics look at it and none of them could promise the transmission would last another 30k miles. I just hit 125k miles this week and the transmission still shifts hard. I do change the transmission fluid every 30k so I am sure that helps. Other than that brakes, tires, a new battery and oil changes is all it has needed. One major warning I will give is that I have not been able to get a set of tires to last more than 40k miles. Every set cups and my car is in perfect alignment according to my mechanic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.