2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Blew the engine...

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Blew the engine...
By darin4 on

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at a public auction four months ago. Car was mint, inside and out, you could have eaten off the engine. Consumer reports labeled it a "good bet". Don't be fooled like I was by consumer reports. The car had 98,000 kms when I bought it. Blew the engine at 106,000 kms. Replaced the engine with a new one. I now have 111,000 kms. on the car and this new engine is going through oil the same as the first one did before it blew. If you have this vehicle, keep an eye on the dipstick. Update to may last post, titled "Blew the Engine", which was last night. Guess what, the second engine has blown. I'm gonna keep this short, STAY AWAY FROM THE FUSION. JUNK...Plain ans simple.
By mom2de
on 01/31/13 19:37 PM (PST)

Just had same problem only caught it in time. car has 5 oil leaks. Supposedly no transmission issue, yet it bucks and shifts hard.

By fusionowner05
on 04/24/13 13:00 PM (PDT)

You just described my car almost down to the miles that it blew at....I am printing out your forum for my attorney. I have been forced to push back on Ford since they don't want to stand up for their product as soon as it leaves the lot.