2006 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Great Car
By Jon Doe on 05/29/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

No complaints. I think Ford has finally pushed there #1 selling car (taurus) to second spot. The Fusion runs, handles, and looks great. I am a former ford owner of a Mustang. Many head gasket problems. I told myself I would never again go Ford. I did, and happy I did so.

It's about time domestic
By Marco on 05/18/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Tried the Fusion after my bad experience with my 04 GM SUV and also for better gas mileage. I was hesitant in purchasing used but was good value for the money. It had 59k on it but runs and feels like new. This is a gas saver with a full size ride and feel. I have cut my gas bill in half. So far the best used car I have ever purchased. Ford finally got one right. Don't be afraid to at least test drive one. Things are finally getting better for us die hard north american suporters. Remember build it and they will come. Thanks for restoring my faith in North American!

Fun to drive, missing some key things
By cedartree84 on 05/06/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2006 Fusion is a solid car and fun to drive. Furthermore, it is really good on gas (I average 25-26 MPG mostly city driving, 32-33 MPG on the highway). I have yet to have a problem with it. Unlike other Fords I have had, it is built pretty well. The only thing I don't like about the way it drives is sometimes it feels like there is a second delay in when i hit the gas and it starts moving.

Poor gas mileage
By MUSKIEFISHER on 04/23/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, looks great, had lots of good comments on it. Was very road noisy on cement pavement. Tires really hum. Changed to Nito tires and much better. Gas mileage is terrible. 20MPG avg with most miles at speeds of 45 -55. Best I ever got was 24.6 on a trip all highway mileage. I do not pound the pedal so it is not driver abuse.

Hate My Fusion
By JaxFL on 02/15/08 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not what I was told when I bought it. If you have kids, buy another car. The price is great, but the cup holder built into the seat with cloth velour seats is crazy. I was told by the dealer to just buy seat covers. Well, guess what, there were none available anywhere for about one year. Then my car has no adequate storage inside, because it has a lot of "little" compartments, but none large enough to actually store something in, especially the glove compartment. I have owned a Ford since 1999 (SUVs) but with the cost of gas. I hate my car. The inside doors cannot be cleaned when dirtied by a seven year old. he bottom rides too low, it's too long, etc. Wipers stink.

2006 SE V6 Fusion
By Andrew on 01/29/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

95 % commuter driving - car is very quiet, comfortable and gets 21 mpg in surface street commuting. 5 % highway driving - car handles 80 mph cruising effortlessly, very stable at speed, very responsive when need to pass, and gets 27 mpg

Fun Driving
By funguy on 01/24/08 21:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Ford 2005 Taurus for the 2006 Ford Fusion SE. This car is the bomb to drive. I'm extremely please with the drive ability, fuel savings, etc. I rate this affordable vehicle as "Outstanding".

The Next Generation of Sedan for Ford
By Dee on 12/04/07 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Being a imported car fan (VW owner) , I am quite pleased with the specs and overall feel of the V6 SEL Sedan. I think Ford just hit a new peek. Looking forward to seeing what they've done to better this already great car in the 2008 autoshow.

Great car after all bugs removed
By nance on 11/23/07 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but it's taken a while to get all the bugs out. Four malfunctions after purchase. Ford repaired all and dealerships could not have been nicer. Serpentine belt screetching and it took over a year and a half for third dealership to finally find and solve problem. Overall, great car. I love driving it. Handles beautifully on the road. Gets over 30 miles to the gallon on long trips close to 30 around town. I'm pleased. It's a 4 cylinder, and I have plenty of power.

Wonderful Car! Love it!
By CFletcher on 11/03/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love the heated seats and the gas mileage, 28.8 miles per gallon in the city. The one touch sunroof is great and the Audiophile sounds system really has a good kick to it.