Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

surprised
By brad

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for nothing else but for a commuter car, but I enjoyed driving it so much that I sold my other car. It might be the fact that is a 5 speed I-4 sel the oter car was an automatic. I enjoy the shifting more and on long trips I am comfortable even after 13 hour nonstop trips.

Favorite Features

The controls of the stero on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

A six speed manual.

GREAT value!
By dwbri665

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We've had this car for less than a week. We were out looking for a VW Passat for my wife after she'd just passed her '98 VW down to her daughter. No way I ever thought I'd get her into a Ford! All it took was the test drive and she was hooked on this car. We actually stumbled onto it. It had just been traded in that day. It had every option imaginable... SEL trim with V6, leather, sunroof, traction control, heated seats and mirrors, etc. And low miles... for less than a Passat with double the miles and 2 years older! We left the lot initially to do some research and see how many of these used Fusions were out there. Not surprisingly now... very few!

Favorite Features

Looks great. Trunk is huge. Heated seats, great stereo. Too many to list!

Suggested Improvements

More power ports... likely, already added in newer models.

Faith in Ford Again! Great Car!!
By Bob Baker

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Fusion this past summer. It was an off lease vehicle with about 34000 miles. Since it was a used vehicle, I purchased the extended warranty. This is the 6th Ford that I have purchased. My previous Fords were purchased brand new. I had a real bad experience with my Ford Windstar Van and that particular Ford Dealer. I decided never to buy a Ford ever again. I put my faith in Toyota and bought 2 of them since the Windstar. Toyota makes a great car, but I truly believe the quality of my Fusion is equal - if not better than my Toyota. I like this Fusion so much, that I will definitely pass it down to my son when I purchase a new Fusion Hybrid someday. Faith in Ford Again!!

Favorite Features

I love the leather heated seats and all the options. The car handles great and is fun to drive. It still has the original Michellin tires with plenty of tread life. Here in New Jersey, we just had 3 major snowstorms - the car handled great in all that ice and snow. Fuel economy is good for a V6.

Suggested Improvements

2 improvements - The 1st would be to improve the visibility when backing the car up, the rear window is too high and the view seems narrow. Especially with the break light in the bottom middle of the window. 2nd- More cup holders in the back besides the holders hidden in the center back seat rest.

Still loving that Fusion
By tom brinkley

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote a review after about 10000 miles on my 2006 Fusion SEL. I now have 55000 on this black beauty and my admiration for the quality of this Ford continues. The Michelins are rotated @ 10000 miles, the oil is changed @ 5000 (synthetiic blend). That's it. Nothing else is required but to enjoy this fantastic machine. I want a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, but cannot part with this car. I know that lemons come in all brands, but I've got a great ride, and still get that little surge of pride for going with the Fusion and not the Camry (which is having lots of press at this time for the recall.) Thanks, Ford.

Favorite Features

Airbags everywhere. Lots of trunk room. Nice ride. Very good quality.

Suggested Improvements

I think that Ford has made many improvements on the 2010 Fusion per the reviews that I have read.

Great Reliable Car
By vans_ice

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a private seller with about 42k miles on it. I have only had it for 6months but love it. It's reliable and since it is the 4cyl version I get 27-25mph regardless of where I drive it. The sound system is great stock, no need for additional upgrade. Plenty of leg room for larger drivers (I'm 6'4"). Comfortable and attractive interior. Negatives: Limited sight out of the rear. The view out of the rear of the car is cut by a high trunk and the spoiler doesn't help either. Also in the summer, the A/C draws so much battery power that it hinders the performance of the car. I also have a 6 cd-changer in mine and it doesn't work all the time. Overall, a great commuter car!

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel controls Sound System Color (Blue) Rear Spoiler Driver Display Leg Room!!!

Suggested Improvements

-Lower Trunk to increase sight out of the rear of the car. -Better Electronics with Regard to the A/C. -Brighter Headlights (HID??) -Fix the sensor for the passenger side airbag