2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Poor gas mileage
By MUSKIEFISHER on 04/23/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, looks great, had lots of good comments on it. Was very road noisy on cement pavement. Tires really hum. Changed to Nito tires and much better. Gas mileage is terrible. 20MPG avg with most miles at speeds of 45 -55. Best I ever got was 24.6 on a trip all highway mileage. I do not pound the pedal so it is not driver abuse.

Hate My Fusion
By JaxFL on 02/15/08 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not what I was told when I bought it. If you have kids, buy another car. The price is great, but the cup holder built into the seat with cloth velour seats is crazy. I was told by the dealer to just buy seat covers. Well, guess what, there were none available anywhere for about one year. Then my car has no adequate storage inside, because it has a lot of "little" compartments, but none large enough to actually store something in, especially the glove compartment. I have owned a Ford since 1999 (SUVs) but with the cost of gas. I hate my car. The inside doors cannot be cleaned when dirtied by a seven year old. he bottom rides too low, it's too long, etc. Wipers stink.

2006 SE V6 Fusion
By Andrew on 01/29/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

95 % commuter driving - car is very quiet, comfortable and gets 21 mpg in surface street commuting. 5 % highway driving - car handles 80 mph cruising effortlessly, very stable at speed, very responsive when need to pass, and gets 27 mpg

Fun Driving
By funguy on 01/24/08 21:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Ford 2005 Taurus for the 2006 Ford Fusion SE. This car is the bomb to drive. I'm extremely please with the drive ability, fuel savings, etc. I rate this affordable vehicle as "Outstanding".

The Next Generation of Sedan for Ford
By Dee on 12/04/07 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Being a imported car fan (VW owner) , I am quite pleased with the specs and overall feel of the V6 SEL Sedan. I think Ford just hit a new peek. Looking forward to seeing what they've done to better this already great car in the 2008 autoshow.

Great car after all bugs removed
By nance on 11/23/07 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but it's taken a while to get all the bugs out. Four malfunctions after purchase. Ford repaired all and dealerships could not have been nicer. Serpentine belt screetching and it took over a year and a half for third dealership to finally find and solve problem. Overall, great car. I love driving it. Handles beautifully on the road. Gets over 30 miles to the gallon on long trips close to 30 around town. I'm pleased. It's a 4 cylinder, and I have plenty of power.

Wonderful Car! Love it!
By CFletcher on 11/03/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love the heated seats and the gas mileage, 28.8 miles per gallon in the city. The one touch sunroof is great and the Audiophile sounds system really has a good kick to it.

Fusion is a great decision!
By debswebworks on 10/09/07 05:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Fusion SEL V6! The power and acceleration is great, I get good mileage on highway and around town, there's plenty of interior room to drive around my daughter and her friends, and I love the leather seats. The trunk has ample room, and they really thought out the interior features. I am so glad that I got the moonroof, but of course it comes standard with the SEL. I can see myself keeping this vehicle for many years, and giving it to my daughter when she is ready to drive, so I plan on purchasing the extended warranty. I am proud to be seen in this vehicle compared to my old Accord and Camry, this is my preferred car.

What a Car!
By Mike on 08/12/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car last year when I changed jobs. I needed a dependable car because my job requires a lot of windshield time. I have had the car for 1 year now and I have put on 25000 miles on it and this car is fantastic. No squeaks, no rattles. The ride is as tight as the day I bought it. All I have needed to do is the scheduled maint. The ride is fantastic and the handling is tight and respponsive. I reccomend this car to anyone who does a lot of driving. I average 27mpg which definitely helps with keeping the costs down. I would buy this car again and probably will.

2006 Ford Fusion
By Desertpoint on 08/07/07 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the looks, all the stuff you can buy for it. I live in the country the go's up and down dirt roads all the time handles very well. Nothing has every started to come lose. I have owned both of the competion car the first year problems. But not the Fusion Thanks Ford

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.