2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2006 Ford Fusion SE 4 cyl
By Austin Davis on 09/21/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for the sole purpose of saving gas. I drive it 40 miles/day round trip to work. I have tested the highway mpg to be around 28. I put amsoil in it when I got it so I won't be worrying about changing the oil for the next 25,000 miles. I put a K&N filter in it to further cut the long term costs. I put a nose cover on it because there is a lot of construction around here and the rocks and sand will tear the front end up. Plus it looks cool. At times I wish I had the v6 version, but overall it functions exactly as it should.

Happy until...
By Ken on 09/17/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased with my Fusion for the first 38,00 miles. First problem was the tires that came on the car wore out in 20,000 miles, I normally get around 40,000, next the key could not be removed from the ignition. Dealer replaced button on the shift lever, $206. Now the drivers side door handle broke, unable to open door from inside. Having checked with dealer yet on repair cost.

No Complaints!
By Mike on 09/08/08 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Aside from the regular oil changes, we've never had anything mechanically wrong with this car. It's a blast to drive on the highway, but have to watch your speed (sometimes 90 can feel like 70). We did have one major repair done, when a chunk of metal fell off a truck and destroyed the transmission. Other than that, 32,000 miles and a real love for this car. When we bought it, the dealer threw in a remote start, which is real handy in the winter cold.

Two years of ownership, still loving it!
By Mary on 09/03/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Fusion new in August 2006. It currently has 17,025 miles on it and I average 25.6 City and 28.4 Hwy MPG. It is a far better car than I had expected. My friends call it my baby Cadillac. It sure rides like one! Best car investment I had made so far!

Still loving this Ford Fusion V6 SEL
By Debbie on 08/02/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Well, I've had my Fusion SEL V6 for almost 2 years now, and I still love it. It has been a great car, sweet to look and and very reliable. Maintenance has been a breeze, and the V6 pep is always there when I need it. Love it!

Really more than I expected.
By Bill on 07/30/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle used with 22,000 miles on it and we now have 70,000 miles on it 20 months later. The only thing we have done to it so far is to consistently service it, and put a new set of tires on it. The Fusion seems to do a pretty good job of combining decent performance, handling, gas mileage, and comfort. Although it has leather, it is not very good quality and the headrests seem to be bricks covered with a little foam pading and a little more leather. Everything seems to be very easily reached and other than the steering mounted temperature adjusting button has worked without flaw. Overall, this vehicle has served us in a way that we would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Best Car I've Ever Driven
By Vic on 06/19/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

For looks, comfort, performance and fuel economy, this car is extremely impressive. The only negative I can see is that the high-mount brake light in the back window slightly obscures the view through the mirror.

Great car!
By Adam on 06/16/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Fusion. The V6 has good punch and great economy. The styling is also a big plus to me. The Camry and Accord were far too ugly for me to handle, not to mention boring. The Fusion brings a nice breath of fresh air to the boring mid-size segment!

Great Car
By Jon Doe on 05/29/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

No complaints. I think Ford has finally pushed there #1 selling car (taurus) to second spot. The Fusion runs, handles, and looks great. I am a former ford owner of a Mustang. Many head gasket problems. I told myself I would never again go Ford. I did, and happy I did so.

It's about time domestic
By Marco on 05/18/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Tried the Fusion after my bad experience with my 04 GM SUV and also for better gas mileage. I was hesitant in purchasing used but was good value for the money. It had 59k on it but runs and feels like new. This is a gas saver with a full size ride and feel. I have cut my gas bill in half. So far the best used car I have ever purchased. Ford finally got one right. Don't be afraid to at least test drive one. Things are finally getting better for us die hard north american suporters. Remember build it and they will come. Thanks for restoring my faith in North American!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.