2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Love It
By Rock Solid on 05/12/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 years and 18000 mostly city miles, the car is virtually unchanged from the day it was new. No rattles, no fading, no visible wear. The car has tight handling, has the feel and build quality of a luxury car, and has an excellent 5 speed transmission. The car has been absolutely problem free - just gas and regular oil changes. I would be another one just like it without hesitation and recommend it to others.

Great car and mpg
By Nice and good MPG on 04/28/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned different makes, and this is the best car I've ever owned. It handles great, slightest turn of the wheel, suspension, and power for a 4 cyl. Have 2 videos, 1st with 4 passengers and large suitcase, CC set to 65 after fillup and got 35.7 mpg. 2nd with wife and I doing 55 and got 36.2. Love it, thanks Ford.

Would buy another one!
By jwagen02 on 04/22/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall we have been very happy with our 2006 Ford Fusion. Until the air went out, we had zero problems in 84000 miles. Oil changes and tires and that's it. We are having to pay $600 to have a $10 sensor changed behind the dashboard, which seems outrageous! The car rides well, we get high 20s for mileage on the highway, and the car was a great price. The 4 cylinder engine has enough power but produces some noise in the cabin. I will probably buy another Fusion in a year or two.

Solid vehicle
By cannon03 on 03/07/09 09:29 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Fusion is as solid as the day I purchased it. With just over 45,000 trouble free, squeak and rattle free miles. It drives nicely and has a solid road feel. Ford did a great job on this vehicle. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a while. I am very happy with its performance/quality/fit/finish. I strongly recommend to anyone.

Used to be a good car, but now...
By lrademac08 on 02/17/09 06:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I got this car, I opted for all the features I could get. I wanted something with decent mileage, yet good driving. Previously owned two Ford Taurus' in past, but the Fusion is not as good as a Taurus. I think the Fusion is built for tiny & skinny people who don't mind shelling out hundreds of dollars after 2yrs of driving. When I got the car new it Looked sharp & styling like a mini Cadillac. But Its interior is small. Overall I wish I would of got the Ford 500. Mileage is not made for anything but City driving. Tires wore out after 24K miles, and recently the driver side car handle broke completely off so can't get in car normally. Have to take to dealer to see what they can do.

Ecellent Choice
By YoyoKitten on 02/13/09 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just got this car off an auction, and it is great! I rank it alongside my Honda Accord!

Best Car I've driven
By nothing new on 01/01/09 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a car that has some pretty good pick up. The horsepower is stronger then what is shown. The V-6 Fusion has a total of 221 hp and 205 torque. But when I put my car on a dyno it topped out at 243 hp and 206 torque. Eveyrthing is strong so these car have a amazaing rating. The handling is really good. You can take sharp turns and still be holding a constant speed.

2006 Ford Fusion SEL - Love it!
By a.j on 12/03/08 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is amazing. Fuel economy is exceptional. 30 mpg - city, 35 mpg - hwy. The interior is beautiful. It has lots of luxurious touches. Love the exterior temperature display. Which actually is accurate. The automatic climate control is wonderful.

It's A Keeper
By one_asylum on 11/29/08 10:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We were at the end of our lease for this car and after pricing and researching new vehicles not to mention I finally looked at my lease end agreement and found I could purchase it for $12756 it was a no brainer especially since it only has 28000 miles on it. From checking current selling prices with all the options I have on mine retail seems to be anywhere from $14,000 up. I do wish the gas mileage was a little better, we're fairly easy on the pedal and still only average 20mpg. Have not had any problems and it still is fun to drive.

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4 cyl
By Austin Davis on 09/21/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for the sole purpose of saving gas. I drive it 40 miles/day round trip to work. I have tested the highway mpg to be around 28. I put amsoil in it when I got it so I won't be worrying about changing the oil for the next 25,000 miles. I put a K&N filter in it to further cut the long term costs. I put a nose cover on it because there is a lot of construction around here and the rocks and sand will tear the front end up. Plus it looks cool. At times I wish I had the v6 version, but overall it functions exactly as it should.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.