2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Owners Beware!
By leopold fuchs on 07/02/09 14:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2006 Fusion 4 cylinder 5 speed. I generally enjoyed this car and was enthusiastic about it until 2 weeks ago when the locater pins fell out of the fly wheel destroying the transmission, clutch and fly wheel. The Ford tech says it is a fault of the manufacturer but Ford says, sorry guarantee is up. To make matters worse I have been waiting two weeks for parts as simple as the bolts that secure the pressure plate to the fly wheel. I bought this car to support the American manufacturer. The next guy I support will be named Hans. This has been an nightmare.

Worst car I have ever owned
By OneTimeFordBuyer on 05/14/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this because Ford had better financing at the time. By far the worst car I have ever owned. I drive highway to work and only get 23 MPG (compared to the 29 it was listed at). It has been in the shop several times in the first two years with transmission problems. Going back to the shop now because the driver seat broke. Turning radius is horrible. Without traction control, can't get it to move on even a dusting of snow. This was the first and last Ford I will ever own. The value of it has dropped so much I can't even afford to get rid of it since I still owe double what it is worth. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.

Love It
By Rock Solid on 05/12/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 years and 18000 mostly city miles, the car is virtually unchanged from the day it was new. No rattles, no fading, no visible wear. The car has tight handling, has the feel and build quality of a luxury car, and has an excellent 5 speed transmission. The car has been absolutely problem free - just gas and regular oil changes. I would be another one just like it without hesitation and recommend it to others.

Great car and mpg
By Nice and good MPG on 04/28/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned different makes, and this is the best car I've ever owned. It handles great, slightest turn of the wheel, suspension, and power for a 4 cyl. Have 2 videos, 1st with 4 passengers and large suitcase, CC set to 65 after fillup and got 35.7 mpg. 2nd with wife and I doing 55 and got 36.2. Love it, thanks Ford.

Would buy another one!
By jwagen02 on 04/22/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall we have been very happy with our 2006 Ford Fusion. Until the air went out, we had zero problems in 84000 miles. Oil changes and tires and that's it. We are having to pay $600 to have a $10 sensor changed behind the dashboard, which seems outrageous! The car rides well, we get high 20s for mileage on the highway, and the car was a great price. The 4 cylinder engine has enough power but produces some noise in the cabin. I will probably buy another Fusion in a year or two.

Solid vehicle
By cannon03 on 03/07/09 09:29 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Fusion is as solid as the day I purchased it. With just over 45,000 trouble free, squeak and rattle free miles. It drives nicely and has a solid road feel. Ford did a great job on this vehicle. I plan on keeping this vehicle for a while. I am very happy with its performance/quality/fit/finish. I strongly recommend to anyone.

Used to be a good car, but now...
By lrademac08 on 02/17/09 06:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I got this car, I opted for all the features I could get. I wanted something with decent mileage, yet good driving. Previously owned two Ford Taurus' in past, but the Fusion is not as good as a Taurus. I think the Fusion is built for tiny & skinny people who don't mind shelling out hundreds of dollars after 2yrs of driving. When I got the car new it Looked sharp & styling like a mini Cadillac. But Its interior is small. Overall I wish I would of got the Ford 500. Mileage is not made for anything but City driving. Tires wore out after 24K miles, and recently the driver side car handle broke completely off so can't get in car normally. Have to take to dealer to see what they can do.

Ecellent Choice
By YoyoKitten on 02/13/09 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just got this car off an auction, and it is great! I rank it alongside my Honda Accord!

Best Car I've driven
By nothing new on 01/01/09 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a car that has some pretty good pick up. The horsepower is stronger then what is shown. The V-6 Fusion has a total of 221 hp and 205 torque. But when I put my car on a dyno it topped out at 243 hp and 206 torque. Eveyrthing is strong so these car have a amazaing rating. The handling is really good. You can take sharp turns and still be holding a constant speed.

2006 Ford Fusion SEL - Love it!
By a.j on 12/03/08 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is amazing. Fuel economy is exceptional. 30 mpg - city, 35 mpg - hwy. The interior is beautiful. It has lots of luxurious touches. Love the exterior temperature display. Which actually is accurate. The automatic climate control is wonderful.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.