Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great car
By Jon

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion last week and I was greatly surprised to find that I got 34 MPG on the highway traveling about 65 MPH. I'm getting about 25 MPG in the city. The car is comfortable and reliable, it's fun to drive. So far no problems!

Premature Clutch Failure
By Threeer

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With only four years on the car and 100k on the odometer, the clutch has already failed on this car. I am very disappointed, to say the least. The Fusion has been a relatively decent car up until now, and I am left wondering if this is the start of the decline of the reliability of this vehicle. Otherwise, it's been a decent performer, and I do like the 6 CD change, the steering mounted controls and the sunroof. This was one of the few midsized sedans I could find with a manual transmission, and now I'm wondering how smart that purchase was.

The fact that it is a manual (other than the huge repair bill now), the sunroof, 6-CD changer and steering wheel mounted controls.

Given that they've already redesigned the Fusion and sell very few manual transmission cars, I doubt much can be done to improve future models of this issue.

Solid car
By Vancouver

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car with 20,000 km, now have 50,000 km. No problems so far. Good interior space and good exterior appeal. Decent quality build and comfortable seats with good support.

Great value for the money.

Folding split back seat.

Transmission Problems at 70K
By Northern IL

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this used with 3K miles on it, have driven 80K. I really like the car. There are two issues, one is the lumbar support broke, the part is $35, but the seat would have to be taken apart. The real problem is the transmission. It will jump out of gear on hard acceleration, and won't downshift at times or when it does it clunks into gear. There is a module inside the transmission that is worn out, appears at about 70K plus miles. So you're out of warranty. It is about $2K to fix. Gas mileage is also lower than expected, but it is a heavy car. I get around 24 average (hwy and town).

Styling and comfort. Sporty feel.

Stand by your products when they fail.

The best in its class
By Wildfire007

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2006 Fusion used as a 3rd vehicle. It had 18,000 miles on it at the time of purchase. It has proven so flawless and so much fun to drive that we are using it far more than our other vehicles. The fuel mileage is incredible. In driving that is typically 75% highway and 25% city it never gets less than 29 mpg, and on trips at 65mph it averages between 34 and 38 mpg. The interior is roomy and very comfortable, and the ride and handling are excellent. I highly recommend it. Not a single problem at 36,000 miles now. I did replace the driver's side door handle, but this is a $40 part and only takes about 15 minutes to replace with very few tools.

I love the styling, the interior layout and the storage compartment on top of the dash. It also has a smooth ride and handles very well for a family sedan. The I-4 has ample power for merging and passing.

None. You can't improve on perfection. Our next new car will be a Fusion.