2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
swear by mine
By steve armstrong on 01/12/10 17:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i ordered my 2006 ford fusion the way i wanted it. i have the 4 cyl. sedan sel. i haven't found anything about it i don't like . i switched rims put rain gutters on both sets of doors and in front of the sun and moon roof and it looks sharp. (mines red)i get complimented all the time .i also added a ram air kit (VERY SIMPLE) so it sounds as nice as it looks. for performance,gas mileage, and cabin and trunk space this car cant be beat.

Most reliable car I've owned so far
By mgoodwin16 on 12/24/09 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up in Sep 06.I really liked the styling and still do. Since getting my D.L. 26 yrs ago, I've owned 6 Fords,1 Chevrolet,1 Buick, and 1 Pontiac. I had at least 2 issues with each of them. 11 with the Buick.I have not had a single issue with this car after 51k miles. The OEM tires wear quickly.Softer rubber,better handling,means quicker wear.Replaced with Michelins.I believe, due to the Mazda 6 underpinnings,I've noticed little, if any, difference in handling with the tire swap.I purposely chose the manual.More engaging in my experience and the manual with the Fusion is just as good as 2 others I have owned. Being a sedan manual is a plus. Great looks, dependable,and fun.

Conflicted - Love it but frustrated too
By Lucky One on 12/22/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

'06 Fusion V6 SEL - I have had this car 3 yrs now & I really love it for the most part however, I am very frustrated with all the little things that have gone wrong with it. I have had to fix the ac temp control, rotors, passenger grab handle, 2 interior door handles, trunk gas shocks & the headlights need replacing because they are yellowing & seem like they are cracking. The moonroof is rusting also & the windows don't seem sealed tightly. I don't like the tilt & the fact this car doesn't have the peddle adjustment as an SEL. Increased the tire pressure & it finally turns alot better. Gas mileage not what I wish it was. Very roomy & comfy overall with a husband & two growing boys.

One Awesome Car
By Ben on 11/29/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had this Fusion for a few months now and my whole family loves driving it. It rides so smooth, has minimal body roll and handles great. The steering is pretty tight too, but that's better than loose steering. Acceleration is very good, I'd guess about 7.5 seconds to 60. Audiophile Stereo is definitely worth the cost, It sounds great.

One well built and fun to drive car
By RGS on 10/14/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Fusion for 3.5 years and only problem was a safety interlock system gone haywire fixed under warranty. I got it with every option they offer. . Get mid 20's around town and sometimes over 30 mph on highway driving under 65 mph. People who ride with me comment about how nice it's appointed and how smooth it rides.

The Bomb Digity
By Dave on 10/10/09 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First car I've owned, 25 years of trucks. 60 mile commute 5-6 days a week this was the best thing I could have done. 74000 miles, oil changes not often enough, 1 air filter, tires at 55000. Holds 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk 4 of my buddies and will still allow me to pass anything driving the speed limit. Absolutly no complaints. At 100k will give this to my kid then buy another.

First Impression
By TCB on 09/27/09 22:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchased the 06 Ford Fusion SEL V6 6-speed and im impressed with the interior and the exterior is so-so. I plan to add ground effects and replace the grille to an aftermarket "net-looking" grille. Has power and handling is great. Bought it with 46k miles and hope to get another 46k without a major repair. Not as responsive as I would like. I went to pass a truck on the interstate and it took 3 seconds or more for the car to downshift and pickup, but when it did it passed the truck without any problems. I've heard great things about the reliability of the fusions and that is what my rating is based on. After 25k+ miles I will update the post with hopefully good things.

ooops...
By Ryan on 08/26/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Fusion now for 3 1/3 years. The blinkers lights are always going out. Last year the the AC went out right in the middle of the Texas Summer. Some sensor was out, was still covered under the warranty so didn't cost anything. A year later (the next summer) my check engine light comes on. Yes, I take car in for it's regular checkup always. Anyway the car starts to putter act like it doesn't want to go when I hit the gas. I opted to buy the extended warranty. Turns out the fuse coil is burned up and seems to have short someplace, still in shop. Not at all happy. Suppose be fairly new car to have these problems. May not be covered under the extended warranty.

Great Car
By Ford Guy on 08/10/09 00:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this Fusion a few weeks ago and love it! Drives great - the steering is responsive - it really hugs the road. The car is fully loaded - leather interior - which is very comfortable. I did purchase it with an extended warranty - 3 yr / 36000 mi. - just in case since I bought the car used. The quality and workmanship has drastically improved when compared to my previous Fords. In fact - quality wise it is as good as our Toyota. Great job FORD!!

Best I've owned..
By saleen777 on 07/31/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First off, let me start by saying I'm in sales, so I drive a lot. I'm very hard on my cars, and few hold up. This Ford has been amazing! I bought it with 65,000 miles on it and put another 45,000 on it over the next year. I have had zero problems! Not one. This is the only car I've owned that I can say that. Love it! Great job Ford!