Used 2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

I Love my Fusion !
By Fusion Lover

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our fusion in 2009 and we LOVE it. Ours has sunroof, power everything. So far we have never had a minutes trouble. It drives great, very smooth ride. Gas mileage is pretty good for V6, I can usually get about 30 MPH highway and around 22-26 town.

Loaded, Love my power locks, doors and sunroof. I also love the fact that this car tells you your MPG and your distance to empty.

Wish it was a little bigger, little more room.

Great car
By Jon

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion last week and I was greatly surprised to find that I got 34 MPG on the highway traveling about 65 MPH. I'm getting about 25 MPG in the city. The car is comfortable and reliable, it's fun to drive. So far no problems!

Premature Clutch Failure
By Threeer

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With only four years on the car and 100k on the odometer, the clutch has already failed on this car. I am very disappointed, to say the least. The Fusion has been a relatively decent car up until now, and I am left wondering if this is the start of the decline of the reliability of this vehicle. Otherwise, it's been a decent performer, and I do like the 6 CD change, the steering mounted controls and the sunroof. This was one of the few midsized sedans I could find with a manual transmission, and now I'm wondering how smart that purchase was.

The fact that it is a manual (other than the huge repair bill now), the sunroof, 6-CD changer and steering wheel mounted controls.

Given that they've already redesigned the Fusion and sell very few manual transmission cars, I doubt much can be done to improve future models of this issue.

Solid car
By Vancouver

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car with 20,000 km, now have 50,000 km. No problems so far. Good interior space and good exterior appeal. Decent quality build and comfortable seats with good support.

Great value for the money.

Folding split back seat.

Transmission Problems at 70K
By Northern IL

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this used with 3K miles on it, have driven 80K. I really like the car. There are two issues, one is the lumbar support broke, the part is $35, but the seat would have to be taken apart. The real problem is the transmission. It will jump out of gear on hard acceleration, and won't downshift at times or when it does it clunks into gear. There is a module inside the transmission that is worn out, appears at about 70K plus miles. So you're out of warranty. It is about $2K to fix. Gas mileage is also lower than expected, but it is a heavy car. I get around 24 average (hwy and town).

Styling and comfort. Sporty feel.

Stand by your products when they fail.