Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Most Helpful|
Transmisson issues
By flpsug

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Fusion brand new with 15 miles on it. 5 years and 164000 miles later the transmission went out. That is the only issue I really had with this car. It started at about 120000 with the vehicle hard shifting into 3rd gear. I am very happy with everything else the car has to offer. I am replacing the transmission and hope to get alot more miles out of it. I really think the car is well put together. I am not really complaining due to the amount of miles I drive. Hopefully I can drive it for another 100000 with no issues.

update to i want to love it again
By mom2de

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

car had 6 oil leaks. couldn't find issue with the transmission, airbag light "fixed". got car back Tuesday, was back in this am because of tranny light on again and airbag light. airbag kit needs to be replaced, not covered by warranty, and dealer can't find the issue with the powertrain/transmission light. word to wise, do not by a first year make/model of any kind. so my car will continue to skip and buck until I can find the right mechanic I guess! good luck!

Eh.. it was okay.
By dscarchick

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We got this car used after our bankruptcy discharged. We aren't big fans of Ford but I must say it proved to be a very reliable car. We only owned it for 2 years but we never had any big issues. Cosmetically, little things fell apart like the paint on the shifter peeled off. Also the cd player ate cd's which I hear was a problem in a lot of Fords not just Fusion's. One of the interior back door locks stopped working one day as well and the dealer said it would be over $200 to fix so we just lived with it. For a mid sized car it delivered and did what it was supposed to do. It's not a sports car but if you want a point a to b and occasionally c, it's a decent buy.

Favorite Features

There's an extra storage cubby in the middle of the top dash which I found to be really interesting but quite handy. The car is on the smaller side but there was a huge amount of room in the trunk which was nice. We had the top of the line SEL V6 with leather, heated seats and sunroof but it still got good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Interior cosmetics that don't fall apart. Airbag sensor malfunctioned a few times as well. The most irritating thing was the gas neck (fuel neck), when you were filling the car up the pump kept clicking like it was full. Also the sunroof had a lot of wind noise.

Great Commuter
By bjdavis

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a commuter car with better gas mileage. The Ford Fusion was just what we needed. With 3 kids, they fit comfortably in the back and we as parents love that! We feel safe driving our family around in it!

Favorite Features

Lots of trunk space, back seat fits children and adults nicely, and all electronics are great! Easy to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Seat levelers are a little awkward but we will get used to them!

Blew the engine...
By darin4

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at a public auction four months ago. Car was mint, inside and out, you could have eaten off the engine. Consumer reports labeled it a "good bet". Don't be fooled like I was by consumer reports. The car had 98,000 kms when I bought it. Blew the engine at 106,000 kms. Replaced the engine with a new one. I now have 111,000 kms. on the car and this new engine is going through oil the same as the first one did before it blew. If you have this vehicle, keep an eye on the dipstick. Update to may last post, titled "Blew the Engine", which was last night. Guess what, the second engine has blown. I'm gonna keep this short, STAY AWAY FROM THE FUSION. JUNK...Plain ans simple.