2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Happy with fusion
By brad on 03/19/10 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The fusion wasn't my first choice, it was a nissan maxima but I wanted to get a ford to make my family happy. Its a really nice car. Reliable, excellent "sharp looking" interior, a ton of options, a little sluggish with the 2.3 but you can't get a 5 speed with the 3.0 engine. I thought mileage would be a little better but I'm not complaining. For a guy that's had audis and saabs my whole life. Overall easily a 8 out of 10.

Excellent Car
By LoveMyFusion on 03/08/10 13:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about a month now, and I just adore it. I had two cars before it that were unreliable and cheap, and this car is just fantastic. I honestly have no complaints. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

2006 Fusion
By Ruth on 03/04/10 15:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Seems to be some defects on vehicle that Ford is not addressing. Already replaced turn signals lights~ 4 times, Replaced all 4 rotors. Inside handles are bubbling,not yet pealing. Biggest thing is the paint is starting to peel off the hood from the underneath with some bubbling around the underneath. Windows don't seal good enough, sounds like air coming in when going down highway.

77,000 and still perfect
By Rob3 on 03/04/10 07:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 4 years now and have put 77,000 miles on it. Apart for standard maintenance, I have not had to repair anything on this car. I replaced tires and rear brakes at about 60,000 miles. I drive freeway mostly for work and I get about 420 miles to each tank of fuel. The trunk is huge, especially with the rear seats folded down. I love this fusion and when its time, I will purchase another one.

surprised
By brad on 02/27/10 17:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for nothing else but for a commuter car, but I enjoyed driving it so much that I sold my other car. It might be the fact that is a 5 speed I-4 sel the oter car was an automatic. I enjoy the shifting more and on long trips I am comfortable even after 13 hour nonstop trips.

GREAT value!
By dwbri665 on 02/24/10 12:11 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We've had this car for less than a week. We were out looking for a VW Passat for my wife after she'd just passed her '98 VW down to her daughter. No way I ever thought I'd get her into a Ford! All it took was the test drive and she was hooked on this car. We actually stumbled onto it. It had just been traded in that day. It had every option imaginable... SEL trim with V6, leather, sunroof, traction control, heated seats and mirrors, etc. And low miles... for less than a Passat with double the miles and 2 years older! We left the lot initially to do some research and see how many of these used Fusions were out there. Not surprisingly now... very few!

Faith in Ford Again! Great Car!!
By Bob Baker on 02/20/10 19:26 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Fusion this past summer. It was an off lease vehicle with about 34000 miles. Since it was a used vehicle, I purchased the extended warranty. This is the 6th Ford that I have purchased. My previous Fords were purchased brand new. I had a real bad experience with my Ford Windstar Van and that particular Ford Dealer. I decided never to buy a Ford ever again. I put my faith in Toyota and bought 2 of them since the Windstar. Toyota makes a great car, but I truly believe the quality of my Fusion is equal - if not better than my Toyota. I like this Fusion so much, that I will definitely pass it down to my son when I purchase a new Fusion Hybrid someday. Faith in Ford Again!!

Still loving that Fusion
By tom brinkley on 02/10/10 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wrote a review after about 10000 miles on my 2006 Fusion SEL. I now have 55000 on this black beauty and my admiration for the quality of this Ford continues. The Michelins are rotated @ 10000 miles, the oil is changed @ 5000 (synthetiic blend). That's it. Nothing else is required but to enjoy this fantastic machine. I want a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, but cannot part with this car. I know that lemons come in all brands, but I've got a great ride, and still get that little surge of pride for going with the Fusion and not the Camry (which is having lots of press at this time for the recall.) Thanks, Ford.

Great Reliable Car
By vans_ice on 01/28/10 05:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a private seller with about 42k miles on it. I have only had it for 6months but love it. It's reliable and since it is the 4cyl version I get 27-25mph regardless of where I drive it. The sound system is great stock, no need for additional upgrade. Plenty of leg room for larger drivers (I'm 6'4"). Comfortable and attractive interior. Negatives: Limited sight out of the rear. The view out of the rear of the car is cut by a high trunk and the spoiler doesn't help either. Also in the summer, the A/C draws so much battery power that it hinders the performance of the car. I also have a 6 cd-changer in mine and it doesn't work all the time. Overall, a great commuter car!

swear by mine
By steve armstrong on 01/12/10 17:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i ordered my 2006 ford fusion the way i wanted it. i have the 4 cyl. sedan sel. i haven't found anything about it i don't like . i switched rims put rain gutters on both sets of doors and in front of the sun and moon roof and it looks sharp. (mines red)i get complimented all the time .i also added a ram air kit (VERY SIMPLE) so it sounds as nice as it looks. for performance,gas mileage, and cabin and trunk space this car cant be beat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.