Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Transmisson issues
By flpsug

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Fusion brand new with 15 miles on it. 5 years and 164000 miles later the transmission went out. That is the only issue I really had with this car. It started at about 120000 with the vehicle hard shifting into 3rd gear. I am very happy with everything else the car has to offer. I am replacing the transmission and hope to get alot more miles out of it. I really think the car is well put together. I am not really complaining due to the amount of miles I drive. Hopefully I can drive it for another 100000 with no issues.

BAD TRANSMISSION ON 2006 FORD FUSION
By bobalu2

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I puchased a brand new 2006 Ford Fusion because of reliability and currently have about 74,000 miles on it and the transmssion is going bad- it slips and knocks. Talked to numerous mechanics and been given runaround! Will drive car until it dies but now I know why people are buying Toyota's and Honda's! BOBALU2

The 2006 Ford Fusion has nice looks but is not a very reliable car especially with the transmission problems and Ford not addressing them!

Ford should have a recall on the 2006 Fusion because of a poorly made transmission! Be upfront with the consumer! This should not have happened. Ford should be upfront and issue a recall on this model!

Sweet Car...
By tykuen

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Its sporty, fun, and practical. The only problem i've had with this car is the clutch went out at 90,000 miles...bummer, but i'll get over it. This car is pretty quick off the line considering what its made for. This car is 100% in every way.

The five speed tranny.

Make a sportier version.

Dont buy 2006 Ford Fusion
By ccron79

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVED it when I first bought it @ 49k miles.....when I got close to 90k I started having issues with it jerking when accelerating onto on a highway or so....NOW the transmission is SHOT @ 94k miles I have seen so SOOOO many complaints on this & people have sent these to FORD....so why hasn't FORD recalled the 2006's? I should not be having transmission problem on a car thats only 5 years old & the 2006's were the 1st Fusions. When they have recalled other models/years 2007-2010... I WILL NEVER buy another FORD in MY LIFE I was always a Toyota girl & wanted the fusion bc of the look...Biggest MISTAKE I MADE

Black Dash

Recall 2006 Transmission b/c this is a known issue & safety hazard when driving & transmission is slipping going onto a busy freeway

Don't buy a used 2006 Fusion
By danoct24

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I personally loved the car until I became victim of the 50k + transmission defect. There is a big problem with these transmissions. The car becomes outright dangerous to drive. Symptoms include, violent jerking when trying to accelerate to pass, followed by loss of speed. At times the tranny with simply drop out of gear, as if it went into neutral while cruising along on the express way. That's always fun when there is a semi on your tail. There are ALLOT of complaints to Ford and government agencies, but they refuse to do anything about a known defect in certain transmission that is extremely unsafe.

none anymore

Costumer service... When their product has a known defect, it should be fixed free of charge, especially when it involves safety.