Used 2006 Ford Fusion S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

great car
By David

2006 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car very much. I have had it for about 3 months now and have put nearly 5000 miles on it. I got the very base model with automatic transmission as the ONLY option, and it is still a very comfortable car to ride in. Long trips are great in it because it is quiet, the sound isn't bad at all (for the base model), and it really did get me 32 mpg from New Mexico to Oklahoma several times. I checked myself. This is a fun car to drive. It is peppy, and It has much more go than I expected from a 4 cylinder. I highly recommend it.

The shape and grill of the car.

A better sound system in all models.

great car
By Carol C

2006 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car only 3 weeks but love it. It is comfortable, quick, and very quiet, especially in the lower gears (I have the 5-speed) but is seems to rev a little high when it gets over 60 mph which is my only complaint about this car. I owned a 2005 Escape XLT 4WD that I traded for this (which rode like a skateboard that got 18 mpg) and the mileage on the first 2 tankfuls of gas has been about 27 mpg which is much better than what I was used to. I am keeping this car forever.

Comfort, mileage, rides like a luxury car.

Hard to see out the back when backing up, back end seems a little high. louder engine noise at high speeds but you can also turn up the more than adequate stereo.

A sedan that drives like a sports car
By Lee Zimmerman

2006 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This Fusion replaces a Mustang GT. With the 2.3L/5-speed manual, it feels like I'm still driving the Mustang. Plenty of power for powering away from traffic lights. Plenty of leg room in the back seat and a huge trunk. Great styling in the front, only so-so in the back.

Sports car performance and great fuel mileage at the same time.

Better explanation in the owners manual on how to operate the alarm system. Improve rearward visibility by moving the brake light mounted on the package shelf.