2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Premature Clutch Failure
By Threeer on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With only four years on the car and 100k on the odometer, the clutch has already failed on this car. I am very disappointed, to say the least. The Fusion has been a relatively decent car up until now, and I am left wondering if this is the start of the decline of the reliability of this vehicle. Otherwise, it's been a decent performer, and I do like the 6 CD change, the steering mounted controls and the sunroof. This was one of the few midsized sedans I could find with a manual transmission, and now I'm wondering how smart that purchase was.

Solid car
By Vancouver on 09/06/10 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car with 20,000 km, now have 50,000 km. No problems so far. Good interior space and good exterior appeal. Decent quality build and comfortable seats with good support.

Transmission Problems at 70K
By Northern IL on 07/16/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this used with 3K miles on it, have driven 80K. I really like the car. There are two issues, one is the lumbar support broke, the part is $35, but the seat would have to be taken apart. The real problem is the transmission. It will jump out of gear on hard acceleration, and won't downshift at times or when it does it clunks into gear. There is a module inside the transmission that is worn out, appears at about 70K plus miles. So you're out of warranty. It is about $2K to fix. Gas mileage is also lower than expected, but it is a heavy car. I get around 24 average (hwy and town).

The best in its class
By Wildfire007 on 07/10/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2006 Fusion used as a 3rd vehicle. It had 18,000 miles on it at the time of purchase. It has proven so flawless and so much fun to drive that we are using it far more than our other vehicles. The fuel mileage is incredible. In driving that is typically 75% highway and 25% city it never gets less than 29 mpg, and on trips at 65mph it averages between 34 and 38 mpg. The interior is roomy and very comfortable, and the ride and handling are excellent. I highly recommend it. Not a single problem at 36,000 miles now. I did replace the driver's side door handle, but this is a $40 part and only takes about 15 minutes to replace with very few tools.

Don't buy it
By JLL on 07/06/10 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my fusion since March of 2006. The 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty is gone and so is my transmission. I have had crappy gas mileage on this car pretty much since I bought it. Ford says I need to replace the transmission because of a bad solenoid and they will contribute $1000.00 to the cause. Ghee thanks Ford! If it wasn't for the crappy transmission I wouldn't need your help at all. Will not buy another Ford!

Never ever will I buy a Ford!
By wife of a police man on 06/20/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car with only a few miles on it. Fun looking, silver and loaded with black leather, sunroof, v6, very sharp! Rooters have been replaced, another part that i cant remember the name 250.00, and now my air conditioner has went out! it seems as soon as i get one problem fixed, it's back at the ford company again! they all know me now by name and my voice over the phone! ugg! very aggravated!

Hate Fords!
By MelissasFusion on 06/15/10 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Brand NEW Ford Fusion in 06 not to long after that the interior door handles are sticking and the back two are actually broken! Ford won't replace and they want like $100 a piece! this should be something they should want to replace due to safety issues at no cost! They are not very helpful at all!

A Superb vehicle
By Danavan on 06/09/10 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

One of the best cars I have ever owned. Just fun to drive and superb looking.

Great Car
By Utah Driver on 05/06/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 98 Breeze 4 banger for this car, only 32000 miles on the Fusion. Getting 32 MPG on the Fwy. The Breeze only got 24.

Paint, Paint, Paint
By AJ on 04/08/10 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love the looks of this car...when I can keep paint on it. Comes off it big (postage stamp) pieces. Primer sticks to the back of the paint. Bare metal is exposed and you know what that means rust. Ford will not help. I have repainted both fenders and one door (stripped to bare metal with a razor blade). Now I have another door pealing. Guess I will trade. Inside door handles bubbling as well. 11th Ford probably will take a break after this one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.