Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Blew the engine...
By darin4

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at a public auction four months ago. Car was mint, inside and out, you could have eaten off the engine. Consumer reports labeled it a "good bet". Don't be fooled like I was by consumer reports. The car had 98,000 kms when I bought it. Blew the engine at 106,000 kms. Replaced the engine with a new one. I now have 111,000 kms. on the car and this new engine is going through oil the same as the first one did before it blew. If you have this vehicle, keep an eye on the dipstick. Update to may last post, titled "Blew the Engine", which was last night. Guess what, the second engine has blown. I'm gonna keep this short, STAY AWAY FROM THE FUSION. JUNK...Plain ans simple.

2006 Ford Fusion SE FWD 4cyclinder SUCKS
By mogulprinceton

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car doesn't come with any safety features at all the ABS,Traction Control and Side Air Bags all come in a package group. Electronic Stability Control isnt even a option at all. Handles well but could handle better if it had Electronic Stability Control.

Loved this car until now
By amumm1384

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I do not even have 70k miles on my 2006 Fusion and my transmission went out as well. Drove fine unless you needed to get on the interstate or get into Overdrive gear - would then jolt, rpms up to 5 and 6 without accelerating one bit. Now I'm having to pay over $2400 to replace it. With as many reviews as I've read since this happened to me (more than I thought with this same issue!) this definitely needs to be a Recall from Ford or at least some kind of compensation when they are aware there is an issue with these models!! Before this happened I absolutely LOVED this car, now I am a little leary about the Fusion models in general.

Loved it, now I hate it
By marissa48

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and I loved it at first. The currently only has 63,000 and I can't even begin to describe the issues that I've had with it. I live in Florida and I tried to take precautionary measures to reduce the heat of the car by using a windshield shade, but it didn't help. The car was so poorly built that it literally started melting. First, the defroster vent snapped off. Then the passenger airbag part of the dashboard is starting to lift up from the rest of the dashboard. All the door handles have waves and look like they're melting. Just the other day my door handle snapped off in my hand and I have to open it with pliers. Just think twice if you plan on purchasing it.

The way the car drives, and the exterior look.

The overall quality of the car. It's literally falling apart piece by piece. it's a shame because I really loved this car...

Great Commuter
By bjdavis

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a commuter car with better gas mileage. The Ford Fusion was just what we needed. With 3 kids, they fit comfortably in the back and we as parents love that! We feel safe driving our family around in it!

Lots of trunk space, back seat fits children and adults nicely, and all electronics are great! Easy to drive!

Seat levelers are a little awkward but we will get used to them!