2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
another poor design by grandmas at Ford
By jman on 12/16/05 23:34 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car and at first it had that cachet that made me buy it. I should of taken it for a longer test drive. Every time I got into the car something else would be missing on it. A cover, or cap. This car feels very plastic; something my son should be driving around in my front yard. The nimble effect it had when I first bought it turned into mushy handling.

SUPERIOR CAR for its class!
By Paratrooperwife on 12/16/05 14:20 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

OH MY GOODNESS, this car is just awesome! I traded my Chevy for this and what a difference. I've got the SEL V6 and it's really got a lot of power. I love the leather seats, heated, and the body is so sleek. Ford really thought of all the details inside and out. Great viability and handling. Heck, they even paid extra attention to the details in the manual - now that's impressive.

Great Car
By JoeCool on 12/12/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I considered buying the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, and Nissan Altima; however I found all three of those to offer shortcomings. The Honda Accord's styling I found odd and ugly, the Toyota Camry's responses I found to be dull and slothful, and the Nissan Altima's ride was harsh and its styling looking too much like something a boy-racer would want. Then I saw the Fusion. It looked classy and sophisticated - a few people on the street thought it was a BMW until they saw the badge on the front. The car handles great, has great pep, and best of all the interior is genuinely useful - great car.

Head Turner "Is that a Cadillac?"
By FUSION FUN on 12/12/05 01:40 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Fusion from a Ford dealer that sold it to me based on the invoice price and not the MSRP, which was $2000 more dollars. I got a top of the line silver SEL minus some features. The only features mine didn't come with is the ABS with traction assist and side safety airbags. Though, it does have the leather and moonroof along with seat warmers. The car is exceptional to drive. It handles very sporty and holds hard cornering great. It has a potent 221 horsepower v-6 that has good start out power but better midrange passing. It does all of this without compromising a nice and quiet ride. It beats my buddies 2004 Toyota Solara in all categories. Definitely worth a test drive.

Great family car
By green2go on 12/04/05 08:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car is tight, and I mean that in a good way -- firm, responsive steering, awesome braking, no squeaks or rattles, fun to drive! So far, getting about 28 mpg on highway and 22 in town ... in a truly spacious sedan. My family loves it. New (at least to me) features like self-dimming rear view mirror work really well. Feels like a luxury car to me, at really good price!

New Ford Fusion a winner
By rodonn on 12/02/05 01:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Really a great car and Ford should do well with it. Very quiet and smooth running vehicle. Easy to get in and out. Very comfortable seats. The audio system is awesome and the climate control system is great. Really a well thought out car and my wife and I love it. There is a little annoying rattle and my dealer has promised to fix that.

Fast, Sporty, Fun and Affordable!!
By Ron C on 12/01/05 00:25 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a fantastically enjoyable car. Turns heads, great performance and handling, super gas mileage, and great ergonomic layout and comfortable cabin. Most fun car I have owned in years.. Not the same old, same old uninspiring Honda's or Toyotas that fill the cookie-cutter neighborhoods. Great value for this well laid out, great performing and solid vehicle. Ford has really pulled together the strength of Ford, Mazda and Volvo on this offering. I've had only for one very exciting month, but really love this car.

Wow Ford puts Fun back in Driving
By Drivin Happy on 11/25/05 11:26 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, the F in Ford finally means FUN! Test drove two of these just to be sure, and the Ford Fusion is fun to drive. I bought mine 3 weeks ago, and don't regret it. Comfortable seating position as well as seats, excellent handling in any traffic situation, great controls, excellent fuel economy, already getting 24mpg and the engine isn't even broken in yet, Looked at the Camry, but too boring and pricey. Got my fully loaded (every option on the list) SEL on the road for just around $25 grand, great price! THX sound system is fantastic!

Vehicle still new
By C G Stockton on 11/21/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car for only one month but then that is as long as it has been on the market here in Houston. I am impressed with the acceleration, handling and for a vehicle in the economy class, quietness of ride. I had an 2002 Impala and I believe the car to be superior in most respects.

They should have done better
By EeeZee on 11/18/05 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Styling aside, it seems like an earnest attempt by Ford to build a solid and practical car for comfortable urban driving. Unfortunately, they are not paying attention to the fine points that their competition thrives on such as exterior finish and attention to detail -- points that have been the downfall of most domestic manufacturers since the imports started eroding their market share. Call it sloppiness or inattention, the car has obvious defects easily seen by any sighted person. Picked a new Fusion SEL two weeks ago with bad paint on the hood, an obviously deformed interior door handle, and misfit or misaligned exterior parts.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.