Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

5 SP SEL Fusion
By R Bates

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far the Fusion has continued to impress me. The 4 cylinder 5 speed SEL combination was hard to find, but well worth the hunt. The handling is very direct with a European flavor which I appreciate. Try the 5 speed before you fall in the automatic crowd, you won't regret it. So far reliability has been perfect without any hint of problems, rattles, etc.

Overall vehicle dynamics are the best feature of the car.

A 6th speed would be nice, as the gearing is fairly short, especially when cruising over 75mph. This should also further improve the already fuel economy.

Good for the money
By afrank

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I skeptically purchased my Fusion SEL in June of 2006. I have gotten a lot more than I expected from the car-the only things I would change are the stereo (no iPod jack) and add a bit more power under the hood. Other than that, great car and very comfortable seats.

Seats, fold down rear seats, power sunroof, sound system, fuel economy.

Stereo needs an iPod jack!

Tried it, like it
By Jenny

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband works for Ford and it was time to turn in the car I had so I decided to lease the 2006 Ford Fusion. There weren't that many on the lot, so I took an SE I4. I like it, it's comfortable, rides smooth, and nice.

Great factory speakers.

Well now the 2007 model comes standard with all side curtain airbags. Mine doesn't have that unless it was extra so that's why 2006 model has a very poor safety rating.

missing its mark
By why

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is not equipped as good as a lot of other cars, no outside temp, no mist on the wipers, lots of plastic inside, very cheap. The fabric on the seat - everything sticks to it. If my dealer would have been sure this is the car I wanted, instead of just a sale, maybe the SEL was the one I needed. Looking around for a good deal to trade it off, will not buy another Ford. Power is Ok. It's mine, I bought it, will drive till I get a good deal on a new car. Selling factor was 72 months at 0%. Just to let you all know, this is my 25th new car,and the only one I am not happy with, not all bad but a bad choice for me, at $22,000 lots of better choices out there,

Build a car with a package to include all the goodies at a one sticker price, not Sport 1-2-3 for the 200 bucks.

2006 Ford Fusion
By Jeff

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice vehicle that regularly garners complements on its appearance. Those considering an import should give this Ford a try! I test drove the 4 and 6, and liked the way the four cylinder handled--it felt more sporty vs. the heavier, bigger care feel of the six cylinder. I have no regrets, especially since the 4 gets better gas mileage, too. (23 MPG with all city driving; it shows 33 on the computer for those rare instances that I get it on a highway).

Exterior design. Surprisingly good performance for a 4-cylinder.

I would recommend going for the leather seats if you can swing the extra cost. I went for cloth, and miss my leather. Even if the support underneath is the same, the leather seems to give additional firm support.

• SUV