Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2006 Ford Fusion SEL I-4
By Mark

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a new Ford Fusion I-4 after trading in my Expedition. The gas mileage is so good on the Fusion. I average about 22-25 mpg in the city. The interior is comfortable (w/standard cloth seating). Everything is nice and accessible. The controls on the steering wheel (for the climate control and radio) are so nice to have. Love the console shifter and the Automatic Climate Control. I wish the SEL came with standard automatic headlamps. But besides that, the Fusion is a great car to own.

Auto climate control, Exterior and Interior Design, Controls on steering wheel, and just the overall comfort of the vehicle.

Auto headlamps standard on SEL, and maybe standard leather. Also, the price could be a little cheaper.

Run for the Money
By L Man

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven pickups all my life and I was not sure how I would like driving the Fusion on a daily basis, but it has been very good and is very comfortable for long trips and office trips. The V6 is the best option for engines and leather seats comfort the ride. This vehicle is a winner.

Smooth ride, good performance with fuel economy, progressive looks with a touch of class.

Slightly lower rear deck to increase rear line of sight.

I love my new Ford Fusion
By linda

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had such good luck with this car. It handles very well and looks fabulous! I work at a hospital some of the doctors thought I was driving a new Caddy with the beautiful chrome front grill. I love the heated seats now that the weather has become cooler too. Very classy car.

Favorite features are the moon roof, heated seats, and controls on steering wheel. I love this car.

No improvements needed, great car.

Ford Did it Right
By Brian

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 2006 Fusion with auto transmission 4 cylinder. Handles very well, better than Accord or Camry. Very responsive and good braking - I have the ABS. Getting 29 mpg all the time. Good pick up and is an excellent passer even at 65 mph. I worked for Ford for 5 years and this is a better car than the Focus was when it came out. Only complaint is that there is some engine noise, maybe a little more sound insulation. All in all a very good car, my wife really loves it too and would like to get another one.

More sound insulation for engine noise, maybe a Bose or high end sound system for the car.

Great Car!
By Phillip Smith

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wifes new Fusion is the best riding Ford with the least road noise I've ever ridden in. I've always been a Ford man but thought the Fords always had too much road noise but the new Fusion does not. Got the V6 with more than enough power. Gas mileage runs about 26 in the city and was 28.5 when new on the highway; should be around 30 or better now on the highway. Very tight made and a pleasure to drive.

The upgraded stereo, the tight steering and great, smooth ride along with good gas mileage.

Anti-lock brakes standard.