2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Best new car I have ever owned!
By smily720 on 01/18/06 00:30 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've only owned it about 3 weeks now. But have yet to find anything that I DON'T like about it! It's an awesome car. Beautiful stylish family car. I actually had someone in a BMW at a red light next to me ask, "is that the new FORD FUSION"? He said, "awesome looking car"! I would recommend it HIGHLY!

Incredible
By Tek on 01/16/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has excellent agility, a comfortable ride, quick acceleration, and very smooth shift.

Head Turning Caddy Killer!
By Fusion-4-life on 01/15/06 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 days ago after owning a 1999 Ford Contour Sport since new. I went to the Chevy, Pontiac, Buick and Ford dealers with no idea what I was looking for. My criteria was: needs to be a 4-door, front wheel drive, good on gas, under $25,000. I was very disappointed to see what the Big Three have to offer in my criteria range -- until I accidentally stumbled across the Fusion. This thing is beautiful to look at, Fun to drive, and very well appointed. I've had people ask, is it a Cadillac? I opted for the SEL with leather and just about every option (I recommend the ABS and Traction control package). The car is both luxurious and sporty at the same time. It has appeal for anyone.

Best in class!
By Lary Lund on 01/13/06 23:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a V6 SE at first then exchanged 2 days later for SEL I researched and found for around $900, which is nothing when buying a new car, you can step up to SEL which will give you 17" wheels, auto climate control with controls on steering wheel, foglamps, automatic headlights, puddle lamps, way nicer interior and dash trim, chrome accents, compass, auto dimming heated mirrors, and much much more. Car has amazing power, I find it hard not to speed on interstates without realizing it. Fit and finish are on par with any import car, very quiet ride and upscale materials used throughout. Styling really needs the foglamps to complete the look. You can't go wrong with this car.

Great Little Car
By Fusion Gal on 01/12/06 21:59 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have had no problems even though it is a new model and early in production. One issue we had was a broken side mirror that was easily corrected. Have had a couple of times when it took a couple of times to start.

Smiling from ear to ear
By dderube on 01/12/06 02:22 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Wow. I got my SE V-6 Fusion a few months ago, black with tan leather interior. Coming from a guy in his 20s, I think the car looks phenomenal. I definitely get a lot of looks on the road. I like the style of the interior too (especially the offset-color stitching in the leather seats & carbon fiber in the dash). Plus it handles great and is a ton of fun to drive. The quality of fit and finish -- interior and exterior -- is very high. I've got 7k miles on my Fusion so far and I couldn't be happier. Good value for the money spent.

A Great Ford Sedan
By Steve Blest on 01/11/06 20:30 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After five years in an Escape it was great to find a Ford sedan that caught my interest. The Fusion is extremely smooth and quiet. Interior room is fine for my family of four. Features have high quality. It drives like a Passat.

Great value/fun car
By T on 01/10/06 18:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best Ford that I have ever owned as far as quality and satisfaction are concerned. We chose it over the 500 and Escape mainly for its tight feel and zip. I wish Ford offered a stick shift in the V6, I would have jumped all over that. The only negative I see is the analog clock in the middle of the dash. Oh well, great car!

Unexpected Choice
By M. Tillman on 01/08/06 22:28 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Although I have driven just over a thousand miles, I am very impressed with the Fusion. It's quiet, comfortable, and fun to drive. The V6 with six speed automatic always seems to be in the right gear and the leather seats fit me better than either the Accord EX or Camry. The driving position is great with good forward visibility - unfortunately, vision to the rear is not as good due to the high decklid which adds to the trunk volume and probably improves aerodynamics. Steering is superb with no kickback; it's difficult to tell it's FWD. I started out to buy a Honda Accord EX but ended up with the Fusion - it's that good.

4 a good buy
By R. Cornish on 01/07/06 15:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We researched several different manufacturers and ended up going to the local car show. It was there that my wife drove and liked the car. When we got serious about the purchase of a new vehicle, a month later, we knew that was what we wanted. While we have less than 500 miles on it we constantly talk about all the features it has for the price. The only thing we had to adjust to is the rear window visibility being less than our other car, especially with the spoiler.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.