Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

No regrets
By Gregg

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 4 months of ownership, I still look forward to getting behind the wheel of the Fusion SEL V6. I've found the car meets or exceeds the EPA mileage ratings of 21/29. The interior is tight and quiet and the V6 produces plenty of acceleration. The rear deck is rather high like a lot of the newer cars which obscures anything close and the turning radius (not tight) is something to get used to. The Fusion's a good value compared to the Accord and Camry and exceeds my expectations.

Favorite Features

Center console, steering wheel, audio/temp controls, fold down rear seats, information center, auto dim rear view mirror, puddle lamps.

Suggested Improvements

Different tail lights-no chrome, grey leather interior, sportier steering wheel, center rear stop lamp moved up to headliner.

Fusion is Fabulous
By Laura

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Wow what a quality vehicle! From the wheels to the audio system it feels like a luxury car. I sure hope Ford come out with a hybrid version.

Favorite Features

Interior styling is very nice and a perfect fit.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a spoiler.

The Finest Car I ever owned
By danavan

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was a VW salesman in the 60's. I've owned at least 25 cars since then. My last car was a Chrysler Cirrus. Not bad but the Fusion is just the best. More than adequate room inside. Superb power, great gas mileage and just plain fun to drive. It surely is a "looker" wherever I go. I just think Ford has done a superb job with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Wow a lot of em...especially like the volume control on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of even one.

fun and sporty
By wesley

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive and has a great look to it. My 5 speed transmission lets me feel like i am a "speed-racer" and it handles really well. It gets great mpg on both highway and city.

Favorite Features

Hand controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a thermometer so I can know the outside temps. I live in Vegas now and it goes from 80-30 degrees in the same day. Improve turning radius. Full size spare tire in trunk. Break-away side view mirrors. Change cloth seats to "non-lint-catcher" material.

Better Than I Expected
By Bill

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car after owning a Honda and a VW and wasn't expecting too much. I've owned Ford's before and have had good luck but this car has far exceeded what I expected. I'm 6'-6", and the interior space is great, including the trunk. I bought the I-4, SE w/SE premium package and a 5 speed transmission. The car has very good acceleration, handles well and gets gas mileage above what I expected. The radio is very good and plays MP3 CD's, seats are comfortable and is a great looking car. For the amount of money you pay, this car is a great deal. In 5 months of ownership I've had not 1 problem or complaint or any reason to take it to the dealership. For the price & reliability try Ford again.

Favorite Features

Great looks, radio, fun to drive. Great deal for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Radio sound and functions great but could use a more updated look. Steering wheel appearance could be better. Side airbags and ABS should be standard, not an option.