2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Finest automobile I have ever owned
By Dave on 03/06/06 14:12 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am enthralled with my Fusion. It handles and rides better than any automobile I have ever owned. The interior is fantastic. Sound system will be hard to beat. I managed 35mpg with a heavy wind at my back and suspect after a period of break in I will average about 29-30mpg. Fit and finish is as good as I have seen. Would definitely recommend the Fusion to anyone. I have the automatic and not the 5m. Shifts are concise and plenty of power. Leaving the Mustang out of the equation, in my opinion best car Ford has every built.

Awesome ride with no regrets
By rvgalshell on 02/27/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for a sedan for about a year before I saw the Fusion. I am so glad I waited and tested drove this one. It has been an awesome ride for me and my family and I would suggest that anyone looking for a sedan give the Fusion test drive and see for themselves.

It's about TIME!
By Wartowne on 02/27/06 13:43 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have put nearly 700 miles on this car in one week. I love it. I am so happy Ford has finally gotten a clue and made a car worth its salt. The price is excellent and the quality is high. It's fun to drive, is no slouch on power and has a very refined feel. The engine sounds and feels great at all throttle settings. I love the steering and placement of switches. The radio is a little inconvenient to operate and sometimes the buttons for the AC have to be pushed a couple of times to activate or deactivate the functions. The sounds system is great and the ride is very quiet on asphalt. Concrete adds lots of noise to the cabin. Money well spent!

Robs' Fusion
By Robert Hurley on 02/26/06 17:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a dream to drive, I'm almost tempted to compare it with a used Beamer I test drove, it's that smooth. Ford has done a great job with this car I was all set to buy the Toyota Camry until i tested the Fusion.

Fusion - a Great Car
By BuckeyeDad06 on 02/24/06 17:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Has somewhat of a Euro feel to it. It's fun to drive, and has a lot of passenger room and a huge trunk. At 6'-1", I have plenty of headroom and legroom (even with a sunroof), and my 5'-0" wife can move the seat higher and forward enough to drive it comfortably as well. All the controls are logical and easy to reach. With the 5-speed, the 4 cylinder engine is very responsive; No problems getting up to speed when needed (or wanted). I only have 3500 miles on it so I can only assume that reliability will last. This is the seventh Ford product I've owned in my life and six of them have been very reliable. Realistically, I am getting 26-28 MPG, mostly city/suburban.

A sedan that drives like a sports car
By Lee Zimmerman on 02/22/06 10:21 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This Fusion replaces a Mustang GT. With the 2.3L/5-speed manual, it feels like I'm still driving the Mustang. Plenty of power for powering away from traffic lights. Plenty of leg room in the back seat and a huge trunk. Great styling in the front, only so-so in the back.

First Time Driver
By Nick on 02/18/06 23:33 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my license and I got the Fusion a month before. When I had my permit, we had a Mazda 3 and we traded that in to get the Fusion. It was well worth it. It is very fun to drive and all my friends are impressed. It gets stares and people ask me about it all the time. The SEL V6 is definitely the way to go. The inside is nicely designed and all the controls are very simple. Handles great and the ride is smooth and quiet. I looked at a lot of different cars in the same class and price range, and nothing impressed me like the Fusion did.

Fusion - Sporty Handling and design
By mesabob on 02/15/06 17:54 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought an 06 Fusion V6 SEL and it was the right choice. Black exterior and interior, lots of chrome - looks sharp and it handles like the more expensive imports in this class. I'd appreciate a little more power, but the Fusion is not underpowered for most drivers.

Fun Car to drive
By Allen on 02/12/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a stylish comfortable sport sedan. I started out to buy the 4 cylinder, but after a test drive of the V-6, I was convinced it was for me. I am very well pleased with the overall performance of the SE V-6. It has excellent acceleration. The optional abs braking is wonderful. The ride is extremely smooth adding to the comfort for driver and passengers. It is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven.

Good Job Ford!
By RWoodrum on 02/04/06 23:55 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the Fusion for about a month now and have loved every mile I have put on it. Great ride, very quiet. The seats are awesome, very comfortable, almost too much so. I got the V6 and so far have averaged 28 MPG. Not bad. Only flaw is that reversing in the car is a bit of a challenge; the back seat sits high and makes for a challenge to back up. Overall though Ford has done an excellent job, totally giving Honda & Toyota a run for their money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.