Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Transmission issues
By calninja1969

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased car used, it look brand new inside out, after first day the transmission started to slip so dealership put in a new transmission, I got the car back after a week in the shop and drove the car for about a week and started smelling transmission fluid, so I look under car and noticed transmission fluid leaking and bottom of car covered in fluid, so car is going back to dealership for repairs once again and will let you know in about a week when I get the car back.

Other then transmission problems, I love the car.

Ford to recall car and put in an updated transmission with less problems.

update to i want to love it again
By mom2de

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

car had 6 oil leaks. couldn't find issue with the transmission, airbag light "fixed". got car back Tuesday, was back in this am because of tranny light on again and airbag light. airbag kit needs to be replaced, not covered by warranty, and dealer can't find the issue with the powertrain/transmission light. word to wise, do not by a first year make/model of any kind. so my car will continue to skip and buck until I can find the right mechanic I guess! good luck!

I want to love it again!
By mom2de

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car 10 months ago after searching for 4 months for a car we liked and could afford. I read the reviews and saw the tranny flags go up!Take extended warranty. About 5-6 months ago I called the dealer to say our car was dry on oil.I won't even get into that dealership on here. Last week my car was bucking and shifting hard! Powertrain/transmission light came on and went off. Got it into dealership! 5 oil leaks! Needs a control arm as well. Thankful we took out the extended warranty because it now sits at shop with expensive repairs. Dealer says that's why it was bucking. Well we will see when I get it back.I am told by people oil leaks won't cause transmission to buck! we'll see

outside style. trunk space. easy controls.

radio lights go out, and door handles peel and break. Oil leaks and transmissions seem to be an issue. Also not great in the winter weather experienced in northeast!

good car good mpg
By cde5151

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car for last 3+ years, never been in shop, except for tires I change my own oil, fan is loud but normal for fusion. good ride .. tires all wore out by 36k, now have Nexen tires, they seem ok at 55k. I did just put in battery also. MPG average 28 with 70% hwy and 30% city

headlights, room for 4 adults

bigger seats for those over 6'2

Blew the engine...
By darin4

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at a public auction four months ago. Car was mint, inside and out, you could have eaten off the engine. Consumer reports labeled it a "good bet". Don't be fooled like I was by consumer reports. The car had 98,000 kms when I bought it. Blew the engine at 106,000 kms. Replaced the engine with a new one. I now have 111,000 kms. on the car and this new engine is going through oil the same as the first one did before it blew. If you have this vehicle, keep an eye on the dipstick. Update to may last post, titled "Blew the Engine", which was last night. Guess what, the second engine has blown. I'm gonna keep this short, STAY AWAY FROM THE FUSION. JUNK...Plain ans simple.