2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Loved it, now I hate it
By marissa48 on 05/21/12 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and I loved it at first. The currently only has 63,000 and I can't even begin to describe the issues that I've had with it. I live in Florida and I tried to take precautionary measures to reduce the heat of the car by using a windshield shade, but it didn't help. The car was so poorly built that it literally started melting. First, the defroster vent snapped off. Then the passenger airbag part of the dashboard is starting to lift up from the rest of the dashboard. All the door handles have waves and look like they're melting. Just the other day my door handle snapped off in my hand and I have to open it with pliers. Just think twice if you plan on purchasing it.

Great Commuter
By bjdavis on 11/07/11 09:57 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a commuter car with better gas mileage. The Ford Fusion was just what we needed. With 3 kids, they fit comfortably in the back and we as parents love that! We feel safe driving our family around in it!

Transmisson issues
By flpsug on 10/15/11 06:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Fusion brand new with 15 miles on it. 5 years and 164000 miles later the transmission went out. That is the only issue I really had with this car. It started at about 120000 with the vehicle hard shifting into 3rd gear. I am very happy with everything else the car has to offer. I am replacing the transmission and hope to get alot more miles out of it. I really think the car is well put together. I am not really complaining due to the amount of miles I drive. Hopefully I can drive it for another 100000 with no issues.

BAD TRANSMISSION ON 2006 FORD FUSION
By bobalu2 on 08/26/11 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I puchased a brand new 2006 Ford Fusion because of reliability and currently have about 74,000 miles on it and the transmssion is going bad- it slips and knocks. Talked to numerous mechanics and been given runaround! Will drive car until it dies but now I know why people are buying Toyota's and Honda's! BOBALU2

Sweet Car...
By tykuen on 06/15/11 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Its sporty, fun, and practical. The only problem i've had with this car is the clutch went out at 90,000 miles...bummer, but i'll get over it. This car is pretty quick off the line considering what its made for. This car is 100% in every way.

Dont buy 2006 Ford Fusion
By ccron79 on 05/02/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVED it when I first bought it @ 49k miles.....when I got close to 90k I started having issues with it jerking when accelerating onto on a highway or so....NOW the transmission is SHOT @ 94k miles I have seen so SOOOO many complaints on this & people have sent these to FORD....so why hasn't FORD recalled the 2006's? I should not be having transmission problem on a car thats only 5 years old & the 2006's were the 1st Fusions. When they have recalled other models/years 2007-2010... I WILL NEVER buy another FORD in MY LIFE I was always a Toyota girl & wanted the fusion bc of the look...Biggest MISTAKE I MADE

Don't buy a used 2006 Fusion
By danoct24 on 03/22/11 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I personally loved the car until I became victim of the 50k + transmission defect. There is a big problem with these transmissions. The car becomes outright dangerous to drive. Symptoms include, violent jerking when trying to accelerate to pass, followed by loss of speed. At times the tranny with simply drop out of gear, as if it went into neutral while cruising along on the express way. That's always fun when there is a semi on your tail. There are ALLOT of complaints to Ford and government agencies, but they refuse to do anything about a known defect in certain transmission that is extremely unsafe.

I Love my Fusion !
By Fusion Lover on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our fusion in 2009 and we LOVE it. Ours has sunroof, power everything. So far we have never had a minutes trouble. It drives great, very smooth ride. Gas mileage is pretty good for V6, I can usually get about 30 MPH highway and around 22-26 town.

Great car
By Jon on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Fusion last week and I was greatly surprised to find that I got 34 MPG on the highway traveling about 65 MPH. I'm getting about 25 MPG in the city. The car is comfortable and reliable, it's fun to drive. So far no problems!

Premature Clutch Failure
By Threeer on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With only four years on the car and 100k on the odometer, the clutch has already failed on this car. I am very disappointed, to say the least. The Fusion has been a relatively decent car up until now, and I am left wondering if this is the start of the decline of the reliability of this vehicle. Otherwise, it's been a decent performer, and I do like the 6 CD change, the steering mounted controls and the sunroof. This was one of the few midsized sedans I could find with a manual transmission, and now I'm wondering how smart that purchase was.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.