Used 2006 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Eh.. it was okay.
By dscarchick

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We got this car used after our bankruptcy discharged. We aren't big fans of Ford but I must say it proved to be a very reliable car. We only owned it for 2 years but we never had any big issues. Cosmetically, little things fell apart like the paint on the shifter peeled off. Also the cd player ate cd's which I hear was a problem in a lot of Fords not just Fusion's. One of the interior back door locks stopped working one day as well and the dealer said it would be over $200 to fix so we just lived with it. For a mid sized car it delivered and did what it was supposed to do. It's not a sports car but if you want a point a to b and occasionally c, it's a decent buy.

There's an extra storage cubby in the middle of the top dash which I found to be really interesting but quite handy. The car is on the smaller side but there was a huge amount of room in the trunk which was nice. We had the top of the line SEL V6 with leather, heated seats and sunroof but it still got good gas mileage.

Interior cosmetics that don't fall apart. Airbag sensor malfunctioned a few times as well. The most irritating thing was the gas neck (fuel neck), when you were filling the car up the pump kept clicking like it was full. Also the sunroof had a lot of wind noise.

Great car but...
By maxima155

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased used in 2006 with 1,200 miles on the OD. For the first three years car was brilliant. No problems, just routine maintenance, brakes, oil changes, ect. Ride was excellent and the seats are extremely comfortable and well trimmed. In 2010, we had a few problems with the engine, but was covered under an extended warranty. Service engine soon light would come off and on. Also problems with charging system. In 2013, the car reached around 96,000 miles and started to develop some transmission problems. Dealer inspected the car and would not be a cheap fix since the extended warranty had ended. Decided to trade the car in and avoid major repairs in the future.

Seats were black leather with white stitching, and extremely comfortable. The car had excellent leg room and was comfortable to drive. Decent in the winter with Ford approved All-Season tires. A set of 4 was around $700. Fantastic heating system, would warm up in a jiffy. Heated seats were also nice in the winter. Drove to Florida a few times and had no problems, there and back.

The car is a good buy, but I would warn future buyers to purchase an extended warranty that will cover major repairs to the transmission and engine. The car was reliable and did not experience any major problems until 80,000 miles. Pros: Affordable maintenance, oil change was $20.00. Wipers could be purchased at any convenience store.

Serious Engine problems
By fusionowner05

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1 month after I purchased my used Ford Fusion I had to replace the entire engine due to there being NO OIL in my engine...?? They couldn't find out where it's going or what is wrong with it. My warranty that I purchased covered the replacement with another used engine...I kept up with repairs and oil changes. 1.5yrs later it is devoid of oil AGAIN, and I am told I need another new engine...?? I'm done with the car, and have began seeking legal counsel since the Ford Dealership won't do anything for me. Suggestions about this situation is welcome!

a/c and heat. good head room. 6 cd changer is fun. cabinet on top of dash is awesome. fairly quick in movement, smooth ride. OK gas mileage.

Engine needs to be better quality! Better trunk entrance, it seems awful narrow. cannot put medium sized furniture in the trunk. headlamps are foggy. spoiler on trunk make it near impossible to see out back window. The drivers and passenger seats are kinda bucket-y and hurt for long drives.

Transmission issues
By calninja1969

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased car used, it look brand new inside out, after first day the transmission started to slip so dealership put in a new transmission, I got the car back after a week in the shop and drove the car for about a week and started smelling transmission fluid, so I look under car and noticed transmission fluid leaking and bottom of car covered in fluid, so car is going back to dealership for repairs once again and will let you know in about a week when I get the car back.

Other then transmission problems, I love the car.

Ford to recall car and put in an updated transmission with less problems.

update to i want to love it again
By mom2de

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

car had 6 oil leaks. couldn't find issue with the transmission, airbag light "fixed". got car back Tuesday, was back in this am because of tranny light on again and airbag light. airbag kit needs to be replaced, not covered by warranty, and dealer can't find the issue with the powertrain/transmission light. word to wise, do not by a first year make/model of any kind. so my car will continue to skip and buck until I can find the right mechanic I guess! good luck!

• SUV