2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Dont buy 2006 Ford Fusion
By ccron79 on 05/02/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVED it when I first bought it @ 49k miles.....when I got close to 90k I started having issues with it jerking when accelerating onto on a highway or so....NOW the transmission is SHOT @ 94k miles I have seen so SOOOO many complaints on this & people have sent these to FORD....so why hasn't FORD recalled the 2006's? I should not be having transmission problem on a car thats only 5 years old & the 2006's were the 1st Fusions. When they have recalled other models/years 2007-2010... I WILL NEVER buy another FORD in MY LIFE I was always a Toyota girl & wanted the fusion bc of the look...Biggest MISTAKE I MADE

Happy with fusion
By brad on 03/19/10 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The fusion wasn't my first choice, it was a nissan maxima but I wanted to get a ford to make my family happy. Its a really nice car. Reliable, excellent "sharp looking" interior, a ton of options, a little sluggish with the 2.3 but you can't get a 5 speed with the 3.0 engine. I thought mileage would be a little better but I'm not complaining. For a guy that's had audis and saabs my whole life. Overall easily a 8 out of 10.

surprised
By brad on 02/27/10 17:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for nothing else but for a commuter car, but I enjoyed driving it so much that I sold my other car. It might be the fact that is a 5 speed I-4 sel the oter car was an automatic. I enjoy the shifting more and on long trips I am comfortable even after 13 hour nonstop trips.

swear by mine
By steve armstrong on 01/12/10 17:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i ordered my 2006 ford fusion the way i wanted it. i have the 4 cyl. sedan sel. i haven't found anything about it i don't like . i switched rims put rain gutters on both sets of doors and in front of the sun and moon roof and it looks sharp. (mines red)i get complimented all the time .i also added a ram air kit (VERY SIMPLE) so it sounds as nice as it looks. for performance,gas mileage, and cabin and trunk space this car cant be beat.

Love It
By Rock Solid on 05/12/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 years and 18000 mostly city miles, the car is virtually unchanged from the day it was new. No rattles, no fading, no visible wear. The car has tight handling, has the feel and build quality of a luxury car, and has an excellent 5 speed transmission. The car has been absolutely problem free - just gas and regular oil changes. I would be another one just like it without hesitation and recommend it to others.

2006 Ford Fusion SEL - Love it!
By a.j on 12/03/08 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is amazing. Fuel economy is exceptional. 30 mpg - city, 35 mpg - hwy. The interior is beautiful. It has lots of luxurious touches. Love the exterior temperature display. Which actually is accurate. The automatic climate control is wonderful.

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4 cyl
By Austin Davis on 09/21/08 20:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for the sole purpose of saving gas. I drive it 40 miles/day round trip to work. I have tested the highway mpg to be around 28. I put amsoil in it when I got it so I won't be worrying about changing the oil for the next 25,000 miles. I put a K&N filter in it to further cut the long term costs. I put a nose cover on it because there is a lot of construction around here and the rocks and sand will tear the front end up. Plus it looks cool. At times I wish I had the v6 version, but overall it functions exactly as it should.

Two years of ownership, still loving it!
By Mary on 09/03/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Fusion new in August 2006. It currently has 17,025 miles on it and I average 25.6 City and 28.4 Hwy MPG. It is a far better car than I had expected. My friends call it my baby Cadillac. It sure rides like one! Best car investment I had made so far!

Really more than I expected.
By Bill on 07/30/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle used with 22,000 miles on it and we now have 70,000 miles on it 20 months later. The only thing we have done to it so far is to consistently service it, and put a new set of tires on it. The Fusion seems to do a pretty good job of combining decent performance, handling, gas mileage, and comfort. Although it has leather, it is not very good quality and the headrests seem to be bricks covered with a little foam pading and a little more leather. Everything seems to be very easily reached and other than the steering mounted temperature adjusting button has worked without flaw. Overall, this vehicle has served us in a way that we would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Great car after all bugs removed
By nance on 11/23/07 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but it's taken a while to get all the bugs out. Four malfunctions after purchase. Ford repaired all and dealerships could not have been nicer. Serpentine belt screetching and it took over a year and a half for third dealership to finally find and solve problem. Overall, great car. I love driving it. Handles beautifully on the road. Gets over 30 miles to the gallon on long trips close to 30 around town. I'm pleased. It's a 4 cylinder, and I have plenty of power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.