Used 2006 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Been the perfect car
By textfree101

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours brand new in 2006, it was a demo vehicle so it already had 3,000 miles on it, it is now 2015 and our car only has 80,000 miles on it, just had its first tune up, THESE FUSIONS NEED A TUNE UP BEFORE 100,000 MILES OTHERWISE SERIOUS PROBLEMS MAY OCCUR, we had friends who learned that the hard way. this car is only the 4-cylinder model but it doesn't seem as slow as everyone makes it out to be, and its been unbelievably reliable, only needed regular maintenance and a sense that had to be replaced at about 50,000 miles. Perfect midsized car.

Dont buy 2006 Ford Fusion
By ccron79

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVED it when I first bought it @ 49k miles.....when I got close to 90k I started having issues with it jerking when accelerating onto on a highway or so....NOW the transmission is SHOT @ 94k miles I have seen so SOOOO many complaints on this & people have sent these to FORD....so why hasn't FORD recalled the 2006's? I should not be having transmission problem on a car thats only 5 years old & the 2006's were the 1st Fusions. When they have recalled other models/years 2007-2010... I WILL NEVER buy another FORD in MY LIFE I was always a Toyota girl & wanted the fusion bc of the look...Biggest MISTAKE I MADE

Black Dash

Recall 2006 Transmission b/c this is a known issue & safety hazard when driving & transmission is slipping going onto a busy freeway

Happy with fusion
By brad

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The fusion wasn't my first choice, it was a nissan maxima but I wanted to get a ford to make my family happy. Its a really nice car. Reliable, excellent "sharp looking" interior, a ton of options, a little sluggish with the 2.3 but you can't get a 5 speed with the 3.0 engine. I thought mileage would be a little better but I'm not complaining. For a guy that's had audis and saabs my whole life. Overall easily a 8 out of 10.

interior, storage and controls

Make the bigger engine available for a manual transmission

surprised
By brad

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for nothing else but for a commuter car, but I enjoyed driving it so much that I sold my other car. It might be the fact that is a 5 speed I-4 sel the oter car was an automatic. I enjoy the shifting more and on long trips I am comfortable even after 13 hour nonstop trips.

The controls of the stero on the steering wheel.

A six speed manual.

swear by mine
By steve armstrong

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i ordered my 2006 ford fusion the way i wanted it. i have the 4 cyl. sedan sel. i haven't found anything about it i don't like . i switched rims put rain gutters on both sets of doors and in front of the sun and moon roof and it looks sharp. (mines red)i get complimented all the time .i also added a ram air kit (VERY SIMPLE) so it sounds as nice as it looks. for performance,gas mileage, and cabin and trunk space this car cant be beat.

my favorite feature is the 6 c.d. player in the dash, not in trunk or under seat. and or having heat and radio controls on the steering wheel.

i have a family , so more cup holders in the rear . the front is perfect and has tons to chose from{~_~} i know they are on the armrest,but a third rear passenger is blocking it.