2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Serious Engine problems
By fusionowner05 on 04/24/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1 month after I purchased my used Ford Fusion I had to replace the entire engine due to there being NO OIL in my engine...?? They couldn't find out where it's going or what is wrong with it. My warranty that I purchased covered the replacement with another used engine...I kept up with repairs and oil changes. 1.5yrs later it is devoid of oil AGAIN, and I am told I need another new engine...?? I'm done with the car, and have began seeking legal counsel since the Ford Dealership won't do anything for me. Suggestions about this situation is welcome!

good car good mpg
By cde5151 on 01/14/13 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car for last 3+ years, never been in shop, except for tires I change my own oil, fan is loud but normal for fusion. good ride .. tires all wore out by 36k, now have Nexen tires, they seem ok at 55k. I did just put in battery also. MPG average 28 with 70% hwy and 30% city

BAD TRANSMISSION ON 2006 FORD FUSION
By bobalu2 on 08/26/11 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I puchased a brand new 2006 Ford Fusion because of reliability and currently have about 74,000 miles on it and the transmssion is going bad- it slips and knocks. Talked to numerous mechanics and been given runaround! Will drive car until it dies but now I know why people are buying Toyota's and Honda's! BOBALU2

Sweet Car...
By tykuen on 06/15/11 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Its sporty, fun, and practical. The only problem i've had with this car is the clutch went out at 90,000 miles...bummer, but i'll get over it. This car is pretty quick off the line considering what its made for. This car is 100% in every way.

Most reliable car I've owned so far
By mgoodwin16 on 12/24/09 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up in Sep 06.I really liked the styling and still do. Since getting my D.L. 26 yrs ago, I've owned 6 Fords,1 Chevrolet,1 Buick, and 1 Pontiac. I had at least 2 issues with each of them. 11 with the Buick.I have not had a single issue with this car after 51k miles. The OEM tires wear quickly.Softer rubber,better handling,means quicker wear.Replaced with Michelins.I believe, due to the Mazda 6 underpinnings,I've noticed little, if any, difference in handling with the tire swap.I purposely chose the manual.More engaging in my experience and the manual with the Fusion is just as good as 2 others I have owned. Being a sedan manual is a plus. Great looks, dependable,and fun.

Would buy another one!
By jwagen02 on 04/22/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall we have been very happy with our 2006 Ford Fusion. Until the air went out, we had zero problems in 84000 miles. Oil changes and tires and that's it. We are having to pay $600 to have a $10 sensor changed behind the dashboard, which seems outrageous! The car rides well, we get high 20s for mileage on the highway, and the car was a great price. The 4 cylinder engine has enough power but produces some noise in the cabin. I will probably buy another Fusion in a year or two.

Great Car for a 19 yr old
By DanoTheMANO on 01/07/07 20:54 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was lucky enough to have my parents buy this car for me to replace a vehicle that I actually out grew! I am 6 foot five. I find this vehicle to be very comfortable for my long body. I love the style of this car so much. People often think I am driving a Caddy. I don't get exceptional gas mileage, only averaging close to 25-26 mph, but that is driving back and forth to college going over a lot of hills and mountains. So it probably isn't too bad. I think i have a pretty amazing ride for only being 19 years old. Buy the slush mats, they are like 90 bucks but they keep your carpet protected!

Ford Did it Right
By Brian on 11/23/06 17:47 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 2006 Fusion with auto transmission 4 cylinder. Handles very well, better than Accord or Camry. Very responsive and good braking - I have the ABS. Getting 29 mpg all the time. Good pick up and is an excellent passer even at 65 mph. I worked for Ford for 5 years and this is a better car than the Focus was when it came out. Only complaint is that there is some engine noise, maybe a little more sound insulation. All in all a very good car, my wife really loves it too and would like to get another one.

Love the Fusion
By Shanna on 09/10/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded an 03 Mustang for my Fusion, and I am very happy I made the decision. I love all the interior room, the look of the exterior; all around I love the car. At first when I bought the car I only planned on keeping the car until the bumper to bumper warranty was up but I have already changed my mind. I am going to keep it or trade it in for a newer model. Only thing bad I have to say is the view out the rear window.

Excellent Car
By Brian on 08/29/06 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought this new 06 and also have a 2000 Expedition. The gas mileage is awesome (and quite a step up from the Expedition) for a higher performance V6 (29 highway) and it moves well when you gas it. It's very comfortable, very fun to drive, and is very responsive. It also has a nice curb appeal. I would recommend! 2 Thumbs up.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.