Used 2006 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Blew the engine...
By darin4

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at a public auction four months ago. Car was mint, inside and out, you could have eaten off the engine. Consumer reports labeled it a "good bet". Don't be fooled like I was by consumer reports. The car had 98,000 kms when I bought it. Blew the engine at 106,000 kms. Replaced the engine with a new one. I now have 111,000 kms. on the car and this new engine is going through oil the same as the first one did before it blew. If you have this vehicle, keep an eye on the dipstick. Update to may last post, titled "Blew the Engine", which was last night. Guess what, the second engine has blown. I'm gonna keep this short, STAY AWAY FROM THE FUSION. JUNK...Plain ans simple.

2006 Ford Fusion SE FWD 4cyclinder SUCKS
By mogulprinceton

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car doesn't come with any safety features at all the ABS,Traction Control and Side Air Bags all come in a package group. Electronic Stability Control isnt even a option at all. Handles well but could handle better if it had Electronic Stability Control.

Loved it, now I hate it
By marissa48

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and I loved it at first. The currently only has 63,000 and I can't even begin to describe the issues that I've had with it. I live in Florida and I tried to take precautionary measures to reduce the heat of the car by using a windshield shade, but it didn't help. The car was so poorly built that it literally started melting. First, the defroster vent snapped off. Then the passenger airbag part of the dashboard is starting to lift up from the rest of the dashboard. All the door handles have waves and look like they're melting. Just the other day my door handle snapped off in my hand and I have to open it with pliers. Just think twice if you plan on purchasing it.

The way the car drives, and the exterior look.

The overall quality of the car. It's literally falling apart piece by piece. it's a shame because I really loved this car...

Transmisson issues
By flpsug

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Fusion brand new with 15 miles on it. 5 years and 164000 miles later the transmission went out. That is the only issue I really had with this car. It started at about 120000 with the vehicle hard shifting into 3rd gear. I am very happy with everything else the car has to offer. I am replacing the transmission and hope to get alot more miles out of it. I really think the car is well put together. I am not really complaining due to the amount of miles I drive. Hopefully I can drive it for another 100000 with no issues.

Premature Clutch Failure
By Threeer

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With only four years on the car and 100k on the odometer, the clutch has already failed on this car. I am very disappointed, to say the least. The Fusion has been a relatively decent car up until now, and I am left wondering if this is the start of the decline of the reliability of this vehicle. Otherwise, it's been a decent performer, and I do like the 6 CD change, the steering mounted controls and the sunroof. This was one of the few midsized sedans I could find with a manual transmission, and now I'm wondering how smart that purchase was.

The fact that it is a manual (other than the huge repair bill now), the sunroof, 6-CD changer and steering wheel mounted controls.

Given that they've already redesigned the Fusion and sell very few manual transmission cars, I doubt much can be done to improve future models of this issue.