Used 2006 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Serious Engine problems
By fusionowner05

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1 month after I purchased my used Ford Fusion I had to replace the entire engine due to there being NO OIL in my engine...?? They couldn't find out where it's going or what is wrong with it. My warranty that I purchased covered the replacement with another used engine...I kept up with repairs and oil changes. 1.5yrs later it is devoid of oil AGAIN, and I am told I need another new engine...?? I'm done with the car, and have began seeking legal counsel since the Ford Dealership won't do anything for me. Suggestions about this situation is welcome!

Favorite Features

a/c and heat. good head room. 6 cd changer is fun. cabinet on top of dash is awesome. fairly quick in movement, smooth ride. OK gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Engine needs to be better quality! Better trunk entrance, it seems awful narrow. cannot put medium sized furniture in the trunk. headlamps are foggy. spoiler on trunk make it near impossible to see out back window. The drivers and passenger seats are kinda bucket-y and hurt for long drives.

good car good mpg
By cde5151

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car for last 3+ years, never been in shop, except for tires I change my own oil, fan is loud but normal for fusion. good ride .. tires all wore out by 36k, now have Nexen tires, they seem ok at 55k. I did just put in battery also. MPG average 28 with 70% hwy and 30% city

Favorite Features

headlights, room for 4 adults

Suggested Improvements

bigger seats for those over 6'2

BAD TRANSMISSION ON 2006 FORD FUSION
By bobalu2

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I puchased a brand new 2006 Ford Fusion because of reliability and currently have about 74,000 miles on it and the transmssion is going bad- it slips and knocks. Talked to numerous mechanics and been given runaround! Will drive car until it dies but now I know why people are buying Toyota's and Honda's! BOBALU2

Favorite Features

The 2006 Ford Fusion has nice looks but is not a very reliable car especially with the transmission problems and Ford not addressing them!

Suggested Improvements

Ford should have a recall on the 2006 Fusion because of a poorly made transmission! Be upfront with the consumer! This should not have happened. Ford should be upfront and issue a recall on this model!

Sweet Car...
By tykuen

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Its sporty, fun, and practical. The only problem i've had with this car is the clutch went out at 90,000 miles...bummer, but i'll get over it. This car is pretty quick off the line considering what its made for. This car is 100% in every way.

Favorite Features

The five speed tranny.

Suggested Improvements

Make a sportier version.

Most reliable car I've owned so far
By mgoodwin16

2006 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up in Sep 06.I really liked the styling and still do. Since getting my D.L. 26 yrs ago, I've owned 6 Fords,1 Chevrolet,1 Buick, and 1 Pontiac. I had at least 2 issues with each of them. 11 with the Buick.I have not had a single issue with this car after 51k miles. The OEM tires wear quickly.Softer rubber,better handling,means quicker wear.Replaced with Michelins.I believe, due to the Mazda 6 underpinnings,I've noticed little, if any, difference in handling with the tire swap.I purposely chose the manual.More engaging in my experience and the manual with the Fusion is just as good as 2 others I have owned. Being a sedan manual is a plus. Great looks, dependable,and fun.

Favorite Features

The styling has always been a big plus. Plenty of passenger/cargo room, comfortable ride, and excellent handling for a sedan under 20k. Gas mileage is decent. I average 23city and 32hwy.Base stereo actually sounds really good.Not as loud, but comparable to sound in my Mach system in 99 Mustang GT

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility does take some getting used to.Turn radius needs to be tightened a bit.Could use 1 more gear.Driving at 70mph runs me at around 3300rpm.Finally,one thing Ford has been slow to adopt. Full,not partial, headrests for backseat passengers.