2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Blew the engine...
By darin4 on 12/07/12 05:22 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car at a public auction four months ago. Car was mint, inside and out, you could have eaten off the engine. Consumer reports labeled it a "good bet". Don't be fooled like I was by consumer reports. The car had 98,000 kms when I bought it. Blew the engine at 106,000 kms. Replaced the engine with a new one. I now have 111,000 kms. on the car and this new engine is going through oil the same as the first one did before it blew. If you have this vehicle, keep an eye on the dipstick. Update to may last post, titled "Blew the Engine", which was last night. Guess what, the second engine has blown. I'm gonna keep this short, STAY AWAY FROM THE FUSION. JUNK...Plain ans simple.

2006 Ford Fusion SE FWD 4cyclinder SUCKS
By mogulprinceton on 09/25/12 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car doesn't come with any safety features at all the ABS,Traction Control and Side Air Bags all come in a package group. Electronic Stability Control isnt even a option at all. Handles well but could handle better if it had Electronic Stability Control.

Loved it, now I hate it
By marissa48 on 05/21/12 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and I loved it at first. The currently only has 63,000 and I can't even begin to describe the issues that I've had with it. I live in Florida and I tried to take precautionary measures to reduce the heat of the car by using a windshield shade, but it didn't help. The car was so poorly built that it literally started melting. First, the defroster vent snapped off. Then the passenger airbag part of the dashboard is starting to lift up from the rest of the dashboard. All the door handles have waves and look like they're melting. Just the other day my door handle snapped off in my hand and I have to open it with pliers. Just think twice if you plan on purchasing it.

Transmisson issues
By flpsug on 10/15/11 06:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Fusion brand new with 15 miles on it. 5 years and 164000 miles later the transmission went out. That is the only issue I really had with this car. It started at about 120000 with the vehicle hard shifting into 3rd gear. I am very happy with everything else the car has to offer. I am replacing the transmission and hope to get alot more miles out of it. I really think the car is well put together. I am not really complaining due to the amount of miles I drive. Hopefully I can drive it for another 100000 with no issues.

Premature Clutch Failure
By Threeer on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With only four years on the car and 100k on the odometer, the clutch has already failed on this car. I am very disappointed, to say the least. The Fusion has been a relatively decent car up until now, and I am left wondering if this is the start of the decline of the reliability of this vehicle. Otherwise, it's been a decent performer, and I do like the 6 CD change, the steering mounted controls and the sunroof. This was one of the few midsized sedans I could find with a manual transmission, and now I'm wondering how smart that purchase was.

The best in its class
By Wildfire007 on 07/10/10 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2006 Fusion used as a 3rd vehicle. It had 18,000 miles on it at the time of purchase. It has proven so flawless and so much fun to drive that we are using it far more than our other vehicles. The fuel mileage is incredible. In driving that is typically 75% highway and 25% city it never gets less than 29 mpg, and on trips at 65mph it averages between 34 and 38 mpg. The interior is roomy and very comfortable, and the ride and handling are excellent. I highly recommend it. Not a single problem at 36,000 miles now. I did replace the driver's side door handle, but this is a $40 part and only takes about 15 minutes to replace with very few tools.

Great Car
By Utah Driver on 05/06/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 98 Breeze 4 banger for this car, only 32000 miles on the Fusion. Getting 32 MPG on the Fwy. The Breeze only got 24.

Excellent Car
By LoveMyFusion on 03/08/10 13:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about a month now, and I just adore it. I had two cars before it that were unreliable and cheap, and this car is just fantastic. I honestly have no complaints. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

77,000 and still perfect
By Rob3 on 03/04/10 07:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 4 years now and have put 77,000 miles on it. Apart for standard maintenance, I have not had to repair anything on this car. I replaced tires and rear brakes at about 60,000 miles. I drive freeway mostly for work and I get about 420 miles to each tank of fuel. The trunk is huge, especially with the rear seats folded down. I love this fusion and when its time, I will purchase another one.

Great Reliable Car
By vans_ice on 01/28/10 05:35 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a private seller with about 42k miles on it. I have only had it for 6months but love it. It's reliable and since it is the 4cyl version I get 27-25mph regardless of where I drive it. The sound system is great stock, no need for additional upgrade. Plenty of leg room for larger drivers (I'm 6'4"). Comfortable and attractive interior. Negatives: Limited sight out of the rear. The view out of the rear of the car is cut by a high trunk and the spoiler doesn't help either. Also in the summer, the A/C draws so much battery power that it hinders the performance of the car. I also have a 6 cd-changer in mine and it doesn't work all the time. Overall, a great commuter car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.