2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Wasn't Looking
By Bill

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The time came for a new car and top of the list was a new Fusion. Wasn't looking for a hybrid, but the dealer didn't have the color combination and options that we were looking for in a non-hybrid SE, but they did in the SE hybrid. So we gave it a try. With pricing right on top of non-hybrid models and with the trade, discount and rebates we got a deal that we couldn't refuse, needless to say we bought it that day and have no regrets. Overall the Fusion is a wonderful car. We took it on a long trip from central Virginia to Charleston, SC the second week we owned it and it proved to be most comfortable, far and away better than the '07 Buick we traded for it. My wife and I both are older, heavier and have bad backs and the seats were just plain excellent, even the side bolsters were not an issue and hold you firmly yet comfortably (did I mention that I am "full figured"). We have almost 5k miles on it and trust me I am picky and not one fault to date. Being new to hybrids it has been rather eye opening just how seamless the operation is. The benefit is fewer stops at the pumps and to date I am averaging an indicated 43 mpg, and I truly drive like I always drove, no additional attempts to maximize mileage. Other reviews have indicated that the engine loves the 3000 rpm range and I concur. At times that seems a little high, but it's what the CVT likes, so be it. It is pretty neat to be humming along at 70+ mph on battery though those stints are brief indeed. I too concur with other reviewers and have noticed that 60 mph seems to be a sweet spot for this car. It seems to be the best blend for gas and electric equally sharing the duties of motive power and fortunately for me that's where I spend most of the time, on secondary roads. I will say that I may have had a bit of concern about hilly terrain, but our recent trip to northeast Tenn to visit family put that to rest, our Fusion proved more than up to the task, even with two additional passengers in the car. Am I gushing too much? Now to the most berated of all features - MyFord Touch. Folks I don't have a problem with it. I will not cast aspersions on anyone, but seriously the owner's manual is provided for a reason - read it! People say it is not intuitive enough, but not having had experience with other brands I cannot make accurate comparison but it is far and away better than my wife's 2011 Fiesta's sync. Bluetooth pairs without fuss and Sync even talks you through it. I can easily change radio stations, toggle between other audio functions and make phone calls without issue even with my heavy hillbilly drawl. Even changing climate controls is no great issue as long as you follow directions. You can't go from Iphone to Android or Windows without some adjustment, MyFord Touch is no different. Speaking of Windows, Sync sometimes doesn't play nice with Windows phone, so some of the texting features will be lacking. Otherwise the panel buttons are an easy reach so there is no issue really. Only real issue is if you are a gauge watcher like me it can be a little distracting with the gauge switching between gas and battery operation, just seems to catch my eye easily. Otherwise completely happy with the car and the bonus is an 8 year/100k warranty on the hybrid parts so no worries about battery life!

So far, it's AMAZING!!!
By laecodriver

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I rarely get excited about cars, and after many years this is my 1st American car, but I have to say, after only 65 miles, the '15 Fusion Hybrid SE is just phenomenal! Slick-looking on the outside, comfortable & well-designed on the inside--and a pleasure to drive. If you are a careful driver (easyon the gas & brake) this car has AMAZING performance! On a few city drives, the readout is telling me I'm getting from 44mph--up to 55.6 mph, which seems almost impossible. We opted for the full MYTOUCH sync package, well worth the extra $$'s--so far it's been flawless, integrating phone, bluetooth, music, etc. Will update, but so far I'm lovin' this car!!

Seamless transition from EV engine to gas, seems to have plenty of power for a hyrbid, very SOLID construction, QUIET, so far amazing performance. In spite of some so-so reviews, the voice-activated MYSYNC has been great for us. Voice commands can operate virtually ALL the features: radio, phone, climate, Sirius, bluetooth, music streaming--rather amazing!

I wish this came in hatchback. Trunk space is limited, but can accommodate 3-4 small-med suitcases. Okay for short family trips, or if you're economical travelers. Limited cargo space (about 13 cc ft), but serviceable. Will review later re reliability. So far, so good.

An excellent value, superior build quality
By barton

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yup, I know its a cliche joke but my other car actually is a BMW 530i, which was once named by Consumer Reports as the best car they ever tested, period. So my standard for comparison is different. And I really do appreciate the excellent value that the 2015 Fusion Hybrid offers. This is only a 1600 mileage report, but so far the build quality seems superior, no rattles, and it takes some of my BMW-type throttling over bumps quite well. The seat comfort is excellent for the price range, much better expected. My combined gas mileage is 43.9 MPG overall so far, versus the rated 42 MPG . The touchscreen info system is okay, no issues. Not BMW handling, but it is predictable and seems safe.

43.9 MPG combined. Easy auto synching to cell phone makes for safer hands-free calling experience. Build quality overall, is excellent. Seating comfort (I have the optional leather tipped seats upgrade package) Folding rear seat access to trunk creates surprisingly good storage for a Hybrid.

Truly dreadful dead sound quality for music. Another $25 a car in amplifier quality would make a huge difference, Ford. Also, more important, the touch membrane adjustment on the interior temperature controls is dangerously difficult to adjust while driving, there is just not enough tactile feel, not enough "click" to know the adjustment is being made versus a spin wheel or mechanical button, and that is important if the temperature inside suddenly gets too hot or too cold for comfort.

Luxury Features without the Luxury Price Tag
By ladylou

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2011 Fusion Hybrid and when I got the new car itch, I decided to opt for a 2015 model. I have not been disappointed. I'm averaging 45.8 mpg city and 43 highway in real-life driving situations, an improvement over the 2011 model year. Acceleration is quick when needed, and the car is quiet while in motion. The engine makes just enough noise to let you know when it switches over from electric to gas so you can tweak the gas pedal for better mileage. If you bend your left leg while driving (vs. keeping it straight), it can be difficult to find a comfortable position for your foot because of the way the floor is designed. A ridge on the floor makes it hard to situate your foot and leg.

The Ford My Touch System has been great. It's easy to use and very responsive. The seats are comfortable, and easy to adjust. The BLISS package has been invaluable and I highly recommend it. The rearview camera is a nice touch as well. The standard sound system delivers nicely, and the 60/40 split bench is a welcome feature. The trunk space is also larger than the 2011 model.

For all the fabulous interior features this car has, it is missing a lighted ring around the ignition which makes it difficult to locate it in the dark. Viewing a trip odometer requires switching to another dashboard screen. It would be helpful if a trip odometer was visible directly next to the odometer on the dashboard. The front floor mats are extremely small and leave a lot of carpeting exposed. It's going to be very difficult to keep clean in the winter.

A very well built appliance, comfortable, solid, but not fun to drive
By barton

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only 500 miles so far on the car, and I intend to update this over time. So far I am getting 42.5 MPG in mixed driving. I have rented 2014 Nissan Altima's, several Prius's, and lots of Camry's.The Fusion Hybrid (2015 model) is better built, quieter, more refined, far more comfortable, and more sure-handling on corners than any of those cars-and it is not even close. But where the Fusion falls down, and perhaps all hybrids do, is in driving fun. My comparison in test driving, and for making the Fusion decision, was the VW Passat TDI (Diesel). I have heard that car gets a legitimate 38-40 MPG. And the Passat is a lot more fun to drive. But I picked the Fusion for higher reliability.

42.5 MPG, so far. Seat comfort, predictable handling, road sound insulation, back-up cameras and sensor system, general cabin appearance and appointments.

The Drive "info-tainment" System, while apparently less buggy than earlier versions, is still too complex to operate, especially for a new driver, and I feel may cause potentially dangerous driver distractions when doing simple and normal things, such as adjusting interior temperature controls. And 17 inch wheels on car this utilitarian and non-sporty? Silly idea. Will make for more expensive replacements compared to 15 or 16 inch. My old 530i has 16 inch wheels and has handling in a different universe from the Fusion.