2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

I bought a great car.
By Raymond Casaudoumecq

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Get ready to be really surprised by this car's quality, performance and looks.

better mpg
By smatte

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid (Titanium) I am averaging 49+mpg. Active cruise control set to 68mph. 120miles per day for work, mostly highway. This includes some AC. Make stops much longer to recapture energy. I do slower starts than I use to, but they car can get up and go if I want, or need to. Driving to vacation and back at 80+ got me 42mpg. I still fill up the same amount of times, but the tank is much smaller, so instead of a 14Gal fill up I am only doing 7-8gal.

Fusion Hybrid: Great Blend of Performance/Comfort
By Jack

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Our Ford Fusion Hybrid has provided just under 10k miles of very enjoyable drivability from Arizona's deserts to the Colorado mountains with 38.4mpg overall. Mileage: Recent trip from Phoenix (1800ft) up I-17 to Flagstaff(7,500ft) netted 38.7 @75mph with AC on. Then 52.7mpg from Flagstaff to Monument Valley @75mph. From Monument to Moab @ 70mph in 90+F heat still gave 39.8mpg with AC full on. From Moab(4000ft) through and up the Rockies on I-70 @65-75mph to Breckenridge(9,500ft) netted 36.7mpg. From Breckenridge on I-70 up and down the Continental Divide (11,900ft) at 65-75mph netted 47.7mpg with plenty of passing power and lots of help coasting downhill into Denver. Tooling around Denver in traffic gave 36-44mpg in a mix of crowded highways to city drives. From Denver to Albuquerque to Phoenix at 75-80mph with AC on netted 37.7mpg. Used a mix of 85-87 octane gas. Drivability: Precise, crisp steering and well-planted stability gives a canyon-carver feel. The hybrid engine generates plenty of passing power on the numerous hills and mountain passes. The CVT even was able to provide helpful engine braking coming down "the I-70 twisties" into Denver. While not a sports car (recent cars BMW 3 series, Acura TL-S and Murano LS), the Fusion can hold its own on the highways and still gets plenty of thumbs up. Its 0-45mph "flash off the line" surprises some drivers as the electric torque is always there. Plenty of passing power is present when needed at 50-75mph on two lanes or interstates. Comfort: Excellent front and back seats and near-luxury interior make trips, short or long, comfortable and satisfying. A/C has no problem with Phoenix heat. Tech: My Ford Touch was relatively intuitive to me. Navigation system had great maps, fast response but needed overly proper diction to get the responses I wanted. It was my least favorite tech tool. Radio/Blue tooth/Phone pairing is high quality, easy to use and fast. Other: The battery eats up trunk space but can hold two medium size travel bags, two backpacks, 36-20oz bottle pak and hiking poles with back seats up. Have to drop one side of seats to hold golf clubs. Can double capacity if both back seats are dropped. Only concern: no spare tire, not even "a doughnut" only a can of sealant, an electric pump and a prayer. Final thought: Very, very happy driver and wife. Fusion is a real car and a hybrid!

Wasn't Looking
By Bill

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The time came for a new car and top of the list was a new Fusion. Wasn't looking for a hybrid, but the dealer didn't have the color combination and options that we were looking for in a non-hybrid SE, but they did in the SE hybrid. So we gave it a try. With pricing right on top of non-hybrid models and with the trade, discount and rebates we got a deal that we couldn't refuse, needless to say we bought it that day and have no regrets. Overall the Fusion is a wonderful car. We took it on a long trip from central Virginia to Charleston, SC the second week we owned it and it proved to be most comfortable, far and away better than the '07 Buick we traded for it. My wife and I both are older, heavier and have bad backs and the seats were just plain excellent, even the side bolsters were not an issue and hold you firmly yet comfortably (did I mention that I am "full figured"). We have almost 5k miles on it and trust me I am picky and not one fault to date. Being new to hybrids it has been rather eye opening just how seamless the operation is. The benefit is fewer stops at the pumps and to date I am averaging an indicated 43 mpg, and I truly drive like I always drove, no additional attempts to maximize mileage. Other reviews have indicated that the engine loves the 3000 rpm range and I concur. At times that seems a little high, but it's what the CVT likes, so be it. It is pretty neat to be humming along at 70+ mph on battery though those stints are brief indeed. I too concur with other reviewers and have noticed that 60 mph seems to be a sweet spot for this car. It seems to be the best blend for gas and electric equally sharing the duties of motive power and fortunately for me that's where I spend most of the time, on secondary roads. I will say that I may have had a bit of concern about hilly terrain, but our recent trip to northeast Tenn to visit family put that to rest, our Fusion proved more than up to the task, even with two additional passengers in the car. Am I gushing too much? Now to the most berated of all features - MyFord Touch. Folks I don't have a problem with it. I will not cast aspersions on anyone, but seriously the owner's manual is provided for a reason - read it! People say it is not intuitive enough, but not having had experience with other brands I cannot make accurate comparison but it is far and away better than my wife's 2011 Fiesta's sync. Bluetooth pairs without fuss and Sync even talks you through it. I can easily change radio stations, toggle between other audio functions and make phone calls without issue even with my heavy hillbilly drawl. Even changing climate controls is no great issue as long as you follow directions. You can't go from Iphone to Android or Windows without some adjustment, MyFord Touch is no different. Speaking of Windows, Sync sometimes doesn't play nice with Windows phone, so some of the texting features will be lacking. Otherwise the panel buttons are an easy reach so there is no issue really. Only real issue is if you are a gauge watcher like me it can be a little distracting with the gauge switching between gas and battery operation, just seems to catch my eye easily. Otherwise completely happy with the car and the bonus is an 8 year/100k warranty on the hybrid parts so no worries about battery life!

Added 2/27/2016

OK six months later and still no nits to pick. MPG has crept a little higher 44.6 mpg, winter warm ups naturally suck gas, but with gas at $1.40 in central VA who's complaining. Most of my friends who have had the perception that Fusions are rental fleet fodder can't believe the content and comfort of this car. With cheap gas maybe you don't need a hybrid but if I were to trade today I'd get another one. Even my friend who bought a Civic Hybrid about the same time I bought the Fusion wishes he'd have looked at the Fords!

So far, it's AMAZING!!!
By laecodriver

2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I rarely get excited about cars, and after many years this is my 1st American car, but I have to say, after only 65 miles, the '15 Fusion Hybrid SE is just phenomenal! Slick-looking on the outside, comfortable & well-designed on the inside--and a pleasure to drive. If you are a careful driver (easyon the gas & brake) this car has AMAZING performance! On a few city drives, the readout is telling me I'm getting from 44mph--up to 55.6 mph, which seems almost impossible. We opted for the full MYTOUCH sync package, well worth the extra $$'s--so far it's been flawless, integrating phone, bluetooth, music, etc. Will update, but so far I'm lovin' this car!!

Seamless transition from EV engine to gas, seems to have plenty of power for a hyrbid, very SOLID construction, QUIET, so far amazing performance. In spite of some so-so reviews, the voice-activated MYSYNC has been great for us. Voice commands can operate virtually ALL the features: radio, phone, climate, Sirius, bluetooth, music streaming--rather amazing!

I wish this came in hatchback. Trunk space is limited, but can accommodate 3-4 small-med suitcases. Okay for short family trips, or if you're economical travelers. Limited cargo space (about 13 cc ft), but serviceable. Will review later re reliability. So far, so good.