MPG is for real. You just have to know how to drive it
By eddiebones on
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Just got my new Hybrid Titanium yesterday, and on my commute to work (45 miles one way) I averaged 46.4 MPG. With more practice, I'm shooting to top 50. I've read all the complaints about how this car doesn't get the advertised 47 MPG, and what it comes down to is this: The folks who aren't getting the proper MPG are just not driving it correctly. They are heavy footed on the gas and brake - GUARANTEED. you have to ease on/off brake and gas with this thing, use cruise as much as possible, and work to maximize that EV mode. Other than the stellar mileage right off the bat, the car is quiet, smooth and incredibly comfortable.
Favorite Features
MPG, comfort, quiet ride, features, information displays (also very useful in maximizing the MPG), interior and exterior look (front end looks like a Jag). I look forward to driving this thing every day and treat the MPG as a challenge...makes it almost like a video game to beat your best mileage...Ford has done a great job of creating attractive new cars that are solidly built - this one really exudes quality.
Suggested Improvements
keep those software updates on the way to improve MPG at higher speeds. The car doesn't have a lot of 'get up and go', but that's ok...having gone hybrid makes one sacrifice the old power days.