Great value with low ownership costs
By swhitehorn on
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I bought my Fusion SE Hybrid on 2-26-14 and am averaging 40.5 mpg so far. My trip odometer states that I traveled 415 miles on this tank and I still have more than 1/4 tank left or about 160 miles to empty. Keep in mind, this is only a 13.5 gallon tank, NOT a 17 or 18 gallon tank, like many of it's non-hybrid competitors. Basically, the tank holds 40-50% less gas than, say a Nissan Altima's 18.5 gallon tank. The Fusion rides very smoothly and quietly, much more so than my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6. I paid $24,178 (including the $150 document fee) plus taxes and title. This is $3,913 off the MSRP of $28,100. I financed the car at 1.65% thru RBFCU in San Antonio for 48 months.
Favorite Features
I agree with Edmunds, this is the quietest and smoothest riding car in this class or price range, and that is comparing it to all midsize sedans in this price class, hybrid or no. If you compare it to only hybrids, it is far and way better than the ride/handling compromise of any Toyota Hybrid. The Accord Hybrid comes close, but also costs several thousand dollars more (you won't get $3913 off the MSRP on the Accord Hybrid.) Let me know if anyone does! Of course, the gas mileage is outstanding and the car has a fair amount of power. All interior surfaces within arms reach of the driver are well padded. I can't say the same for my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6 with leather.
Suggested Improvements
Incidentally, the rear seats fold down FLAT if you push a small lever to the side underneath each rear seat cushion, then carefully unhook it from two large hooks on the extreme left and right sides. You can then remove the bottom seat cushion. This is great if you have a lot of cargo. Check out US News & World Report ratings on the Fusion Hybrid. They rate it #1 of all midsize cars, not just hybrids. A little more power would be nice. Larger trunk would be great, too.