2014 Fusion Hybrid at 22K Miles
By 7383 on
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is an update from my initial review, which I placed at about 12K miles. My usage has been consistent, with a mix of congested city, rural two-lane, and high speed interstate driving, in temperature ranging from 20 F to 118 F. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car. I have had the oil changed twice, and the tires rotated once via Ford dealer. No squeaks, rattles or other maladies have appeared. No fluid additions required. My other observations at 12K still apply, so this update may be helpful to potential purchasers because my experience is now based on 22K of driving in all conditions.
Favorite Features
Quiet cabin. Subjective "quality feel" which, to me, rises above the car's target market. Steering feel, suspension compliance and dampening consistent with a good balance between responsiveness and comfort. Seating comfort, (with caveat noted below), complete reliability (thus far), mileage average 43.5 now over life of car. (In more ideal driving conditions, 47+ mpg is not in the least difficult to attain.) EV+ mode, which still intrigues and pleases me. (I love rolling the last mile to home, and the first mile from home, in EV mode - without having to push a button, as required by other manufacturers' hybrid products.) Valuable and entertaining dashboard instrument feedback.
Suggested Improvements
My car is the base, S model. As such, it lacks seat bottom "pivot" adjustment. I like the seat, but I'd like it a lot more if I could raise my butt so it does not feel as if I am sitting in a bucket. Raising the seat bottom in total does not accomplish this. Multifunction display is too small. The trunk is seriously compromised by battery intrusion. This is expected, but the resulting available cargo space is irregularly shaped and limiting. Capable but user-unfriendly Sync system: I won't go into detail on this issue, because it is so well documented elsewhere across the Ford product line.