2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
MPG Learning curve
By khamiam on 11/02/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my fusion hybrid for about a month --and MPG is a learned behavior. First about my driving --right now I am commuting out of state 250 miles from home and then 40 miles round trip from the hotel to work. I drive with the traffic in 55&65 zone. The first week I got 39-41 MPG --which is what I expected and was totally ok with. The second week, I got 43.5 and the third week 45.3 and the 4th 47.1 -- You have to change the way you drive. Easy on the accelerator, to keep it in EV mode.I wait to speed up when the gas engine kicks in. Yes, 47 MPG (for 500+ miles) is possible -- and if you are getting mid-thirties, your driving style doesn't fit ANY hybrid. Use eco-cruise for better mpg.

Awesome car
By qzlkjh on 11/01/13 00:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked up my car about five days back. I researched and was skeptical of gas consumption claims. Some consumers had rated it rather bad. However, I wanted and needed a low gas consumption vehicle. I looked at and test drove many hybrids including Lexus, VW, Lincoln, Toyota. This appealed to me after several test drives. I have not regretted a moment since buying it. It is very comfortable. Quality of build is excellent and consumption is more than what Ford promised. I am averaging around 45mpg on a very long daily commute of 110 miles round trip on a rather flat highway. In city and shorter trips, I have achieved over 55mpg.

MPG is for real. You just have to know how to drive it
By eddiebones on 10/14/13 16:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got my new Hybrid Titanium yesterday, and on my commute to work (45 miles one way) I averaged 46.4 MPG. With more practice, I'm shooting to top 50. I've read all the complaints about how this car doesn't get the advertised 47 MPG, and what it comes down to is this: The folks who aren't getting the proper MPG are just not driving it correctly. They are heavy footed on the gas and brake - GUARANTEED. you have to ease on/off brake and gas with this thing, use cruise as much as possible, and work to maximize that EV mode. Other than the stellar mileage right off the bat, the car is quiet, smooth and incredibly comfortable.

Amazing MPG!
By bacartr1 on 10/08/13 12:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have read other reviews on the 2013 and 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid and saw the many complaints about the gas mileage. However, I am happy to report that with my 2014 I am currently averaging 47 mpg. There are 2 things to keep in mind: 1. If you are looking at purchasing this car it is because you want to save money on gas and increase your mpg. To do that, you must learn how to drive the car in all conditions and learn how the hybrid motor works to maximize your mpg. 2. It is not meant to be driven like a regular gas motor car. If you can adapt to this and want to maximize your fuel economy, this is the perfect car for it. The interior is absolutely amazing and comfortable too! Go look and se

Fraud on gas mileage
By cindyropp on 09/24/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I returned my car after driving for a week it got 39 at best, went around and around with ford and after finding out that consumer reports and studies were coming out saying the gas mileage was grossly over exaggerated, they finally agreed to unwind the deal it was getting 29 highway and 38 to 39 city. if you drove like an old person and never quickly accelerated, put the air on, or went up a hill it might get a little better

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$152 per month*