Used 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Only one problem....
By yodibactum

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my 2014 model in March of 2014 and have now surpassed 20,000. I live in PA with many hills and valleys, hot, humid summers, and cold winters. Most of my mileage is local, although I do take many trips of 50 miles or more including a trip to Colorado, Georgia, and Canada. That said, the only times I got less then 50 mpg was the first two tanks of gas (47 and 49) and during the winter months because most of my driving was local and the car would take time to warm up. My overall mileage since owning the vehicle is better then 53 mpg and this last tank gave me 60 for the first time.

The secret is in how you drive it. My car is no different then the ones claiming lower mileage

Only ONE problem -- A driver cannot see the front of the vehicle -- this makes it very difficult to judge the distance of those pesky little parking stops in parking lots... I normally drive right up over them -- not to mention an awkward placed median strip on a side road in WV. I turned and never saw the median strip until I heard it going under my car -- needless to say, this removed the piece under the bumper... I realize the design of the car is to give it the best mileage but I also believe safety should be the first concern. This is dangerous...

12 months after ownership driving Uber
By jjtexcali

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put a lot of miles on it under a wide variety of conditions. I live in Southern California, so the only thing I cannot attest to would be significant changes in weather. I bought this car with a rated MPG of 47/47. Ford sent me a check for $750 when they corrected the ratings. For the amount I drive, this did not cover the amount in savings I had anticipated, but I guess it's better than nothing. It's a beautiful car with a minimal amount of problems. It feels like a boat and takes some getting used to its size. The departure angles on inclines/declines is not good due to the air dam. My front paint has already began to wear on the front bumper from so much driving.

Aesthetics are fantastic. The outward design of this car is undeniably attractive. The interior is comfortable. I like the leather seats. The cloth option didn't seem comfortable when I test drove other models. MyFordTouch gets a bad rep. If you keep it updated it works admirably. I think it's 2nd or 3rd to Hyundai or Honda in that department .

Better departure angles. Side mirrors are awkward, even after 20k+ miles of driving. Interior LCDs were incredibly distracting for the first couple weeks while driving. Educate consumers on the dimmer... Lastly, I had to watch a BMW M School driving video on seat positioning for this car to feel comfortable. The adjustments felt unusual. If Ford mad a concerted effort to educate its car buyers on proper positioning, I believe it would alleviate customer complaints.

Not a huge fan of the hybrid
By abestie

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased the hybrid an we are overall pleased with the ride styling and build quality.That being said we have never come close to the mpg stated on the windshield sticker. Our average mpg remains at 32. We have nearly 10,000 miles an this car and recently took it in to the dealer for its first oil change and also told them of our concerns with the fuel economy.I had hoped after the break in things would improve ,but so far they haven't . I was told by the service manager that the systems all checked fine and there was nothing they could do. I called Ford's consumer affairs department and was told not to run the heat if I wanted to get better fuel efficiency,the outside temp is 25 degrees

Disappointed
By ickaris

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE in June of 2014 and have since driven 9,000 miles. To be fair, I do think the ride is fine. It has decent leather, and appearance. But to be blunt, you will not get 47 mpg city/highway in normal conditions. Driving uphill, against the wind, or with the heater or AC turned on. It will all draw more power than it can keep charged. I was sitting in a drive through waiting on my food and was watching what happened with a fully charged battery. The electric mode would not engage with the heater running. I always have a 97%-100% brake score and watch my acceleration trying to improve efficiency. I have reached up to 60 mpg on 3 mile trips, and have also h

The seating is decent and quality of leather is decent as well. I like the white Tricoat color.

I do believe this car was falsely advertised to compete and compel customers to purchase the Ford Fusion Hybrid and feel a vehicle lacking a spare tire is setting up the owner for failure and putting them in a seriously bad situation having already been through it. There is no excuse for substituting a spare tire for a cheap accessory driven air compressor with a built in fix-a-flat canister. Ford Motor Assist will cover the tow under warranty up to 30 miles and is intended to cover transportation for two passengers that do not require childrens car seats if the Tow Driver can accomodate. This does no good for a family traveling after dealership hours.

35K mileage update
By 7383

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my final update concerning the Fusion Hybrid. All my earlier comments (made at approximately 12k and 22K) remain valid. Nothing has gone wrong with the car, other than a malfunction in the retention spring in the front passenger grab bar. So, at approximately 35K, I remain exceptionally pleased overall. No squeaks, rattles, leaks, malfunctions.

Well-dampened but responsive handling. Quiet on the road. Interior ergonomics. Mileage, which averages 44.2 at this point. I have obtained over 50 mpg on multiple occasions when driving a particular 150 mile stretch between Northern LA County and San Diego, but only when traffic is absolutely bumper to bumper, stop-start congestion where the hybrid system shines. In typical 75 mph freeway sessions I average 39-41 mpg.

I concur with another reviewer's comments regarding limited driver footwell space. And, I find the lack of fore/aft adjustment of the driver's seat bottom to be a problem. This issue alone would justify purchase of the SE model over the S model, in my mind. The Sync system continues to annoy, even as the rest of the car continues to impress. Due to the very limited clearance between the front aero molding pieces under the front bumper, caution is needed when dealing with curbs, tire stops and even rough roads. And that's about it.