2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Luxury Features without the Luxury Price Tag
By ladylou on 10/28/14 07:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2011 Fusion Hybrid and when I got the new car itch, I decided to opt for a 2015 model. I have not been disappointed. I'm averaging 45.8 mpg city and 43 highway in real-life driving situations, an improvement over the 2011 model year. Acceleration is quick when needed, and the car is quiet while in motion. The engine makes just enough noise to let you know when it switches over from electric to gas so you can tweak the gas pedal for better mileage. If you bend your left leg while driving (vs. keeping it straight), it can be difficult to find a comfortable position for your foot because of the way the floor is designed. A ridge on the floor makes it hard to situate your foot and leg.

A very well built appliance, comfortable, solid, but not fun to drive
By barton on 10/20/14 20:28 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only 500 miles so far on the car, and I intend to update this over time. So far I am getting 42.5 MPG in mixed driving. I have rented 2014 Nissan Altima's, several Prius's, and lots of Camry's.The Fusion Hybrid (2015 model) is better built, quieter, more refined, far more comfortable, and more sure-handling on corners than any of those cars-and it is not even close. But where the Fusion falls down, and perhaps all hybrids do, is in driving fun. My comparison in test driving, and for making the Fusion decision, was the VW Passat TDI (Diesel). I have heard that car gets a legitimate 38-40 MPG. And the Passat is a lot more fun to drive. But I picked the Fusion for higher reliability.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybred
By xboeing1 on 10/15/14 16:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. I have to admit something though. The styling is directly out of a James Bond movie. The front design, which looked exactly like the Astin - Martin sports car. How is this possible for Ford to do this? Easy one, they own part of the company so no lawsuits. As a 70 year old man who still has a serious love affair with the James Bond myth what could I do but buy one. Now I have to say it's doubtful that ever Bond were real he probably wouldn't have been driving a 4 door sedan but I can deal with that:o). As every adult knows when you 'fall in love' with something you lose all negotiating ability. I don't think I got a great deal but I love the car.

No negatives
By towndriver on 07/21/14 06:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We can't understand what the fuss is about the navigation and touch system. It did take a while to find all the many features, but now it is easy to use and the navigation system is very accurate. The four quadrants make it easy to shift from one screen to another. Just a little time with the manual and you should be all set. This is the first American car we have had and we love it. We are getting excellent mileage...better than the newly corrected MPG. We have about 3300 miles on her.

Fusion
By ibteeman on 07/20/14 14:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car 6 weeks ago for an around the country trip. So far I've put 9000 miles on the car and traveled from Atlanta through the north to Oregon, to South California, and back through the south. 2 weeks after I bought the car, Ford came out with their announcement....sorry...we meant 40 MPG on the road, not 47. That was one of the reasons I had purchased this car. But hey, going to get some money back in September, right? Fuel milage has only once came near the 40 (new number) for the highway. So far, I'm averaging around 36 mpg. That has been disappointing. But the other reasons I bought the car was for the comfort and quiet on on that it delivers!

Smooth Ride Just Drive 44.5MPG Can't Complain
By love4cars2014 on 06/19/14 17:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We got this car for my wife. Coming from rattling Toyota Sienna this was a heaven. We tried Camry but quality was not there. Great car, fun to drive, great mileage - not 47 but 44.5 will do. Have drive 5500 and no problems so far. For all those people who hate MFT>> Please explain what is wrong? The design is great with 4 quadrants. Everything is easily available. I find it way more intutive than my Lexus ES. I love the shockabsorbers and the ride. Just Drive.

2014 Fusion Hybrid at 22K Miles
By 7383 on 05/26/14 14:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an update from my initial review, which I placed at about 12K miles. My usage has been consistent, with a mix of congested city, rural two-lane, and high speed interstate driving, in temperature ranging from 20 F to 118 F. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car. I have had the oil changed twice, and the tires rotated once via Ford dealer. No squeaks, rattles or other maladies have appeared. No fluid additions required. My other observations at 12K still apply, so this update may be helpful to potential purchasers because my experience is now based on 22K of driving in all conditions.

Great car
By marklally on 05/11/14 15:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is one of if not the best car I have ever owned. I and everyone I know think the cars looks are outstanding. My car has the appearance package with the five spoke wheels and the non low- rolling resistance tires, I expected to take a noticeable hit on the gas mileage because of this, but it just hasn't seemed to be the case. This cars handling and driving dynamics are just top notch, it's unusually quite, the seats are very comfortable and the gas mileage in fantastic. Now for the bad part; My Ford Touch is horrible, it's every bit as bad as the reviews say it is. it's a huge black eye on a otherwise great car experience. I hope Ford cures this problem in haste.

Gas at $1.50 per gallon?
By swhitehorn on 03/25/14 06:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

There is a learning curve on how to drive a hybrid and Ford gives you several coaching tools to help you maximize your mpg. There are a few things you can do up front. One is to make sure there is 35 lbs of pressure in each tire (check tire pressure when tires are cold or haven't be driven on in 8 hrs or more.) Wax your car, slow down and ease on the accelerator and brakes. Use the cruise control in the eco mode whenever possible. Remember, by driving conservatively you also create less wear and tear on your vehicle and for the most part drive safer. As compared to my 08 Accord EXL V6 the combined epa increases from 22 to 47 mpg, hence the $1.50 per gallon of gas.

Great value with low ownership costs
By swhitehorn on 03/04/14 14:11 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Fusion SE Hybrid on 2-26-14 and am averaging 40.5 mpg so far. My trip odometer states that I traveled 415 miles on this tank and I still have more than 1/4 tank left or about 160 miles to empty. Keep in mind, this is only a 13.5 gallon tank, NOT a 17 or 18 gallon tank, like many of it's non-hybrid competitors. Basically, the tank holds 40-50% less gas than, say a Nissan Altima's 18.5 gallon tank. The Fusion rides very smoothly and quietly, much more so than my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6. I paid $24,178 (including the $150 document fee) plus taxes and title. This is $3,913 off the MSRP of $28,100. I financed the car at 1.65% thru RBFCU in San Antonio for 48 months.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$152 per month*