2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Smooth Ride Just Drive 44.5MPG Can't Complain
By love4cars2014 on 06/19/14 17:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We got this car for my wife. Coming from rattling Toyota Sienna this was a heaven. We tried Camry but quality was not there. Great car, fun to drive, great mileage - not 47 but 44.5 will do. Have drive 5500 and no problems so far. For all those people who hate MFT>> Please explain what is wrong? The design is great with 4 quadrants. Everything is easily available. I find it way more intutive than my Lexus ES. I love the shockabsorbers and the ride. Just Drive.

2014 Fusion Hybrid at 22K Miles
By 7383 on 05/26/14 14:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is an update from my initial review, which I placed at about 12K miles. My usage has been consistent, with a mix of congested city, rural two-lane, and high speed interstate driving, in temperature ranging from 20 F to 118 F. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car. I have had the oil changed twice, and the tires rotated once via Ford dealer. No squeaks, rattles or other maladies have appeared. No fluid additions required. My other observations at 12K still apply, so this update may be helpful to potential purchasers because my experience is now based on 22K of driving in all conditions.

Great car
By marklally on 05/11/14 15:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is one of if not the best car I have ever owned. I and everyone I know think the cars looks are outstanding. My car has the appearance package with the five spoke wheels and the non low- rolling resistance tires, I expected to take a noticeable hit on the gas mileage because of this, but it just hasn't seemed to be the case. This cars handling and driving dynamics are just top notch, it's unusually quite, the seats are very comfortable and the gas mileage in fantastic. Now for the bad part; My Ford Touch is horrible, it's every bit as bad as the reviews say it is. it's a huge black eye on a otherwise great car experience. I hope Ford cures this problem in haste.

Gas at $1.50 per gallon?
By swhitehorn on 03/25/14 06:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

There is a learning curve on how to drive a hybrid and Ford gives you several coaching tools to help you maximize your mpg. There are a few things you can do up front. One is to make sure there is 35 lbs of pressure in each tire (check tire pressure when tires are cold or haven't be driven on in 8 hrs or more.) Wax your car, slow down and ease on the accelerator and brakes. Use the cruise control in the eco mode whenever possible. Remember, by driving conservatively you also create less wear and tear on your vehicle and for the most part drive safer. As compared to my 08 Accord EXL V6 the combined epa increases from 22 to 47 mpg, hence the $1.50 per gallon of gas.

Great value with low ownership costs
By swhitehorn on 03/04/14 14:11 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Fusion SE Hybrid on 2-26-14 and am averaging 40.5 mpg so far. My trip odometer states that I traveled 415 miles on this tank and I still have more than 1/4 tank left or about 160 miles to empty. Keep in mind, this is only a 13.5 gallon tank, NOT a 17 or 18 gallon tank, like many of it's non-hybrid competitors. Basically, the tank holds 40-50% less gas than, say a Nissan Altima's 18.5 gallon tank. The Fusion rides very smoothly and quietly, much more so than my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6. I paid $24,178 (including the $150 document fee) plus taxes and title. This is $3,913 off the MSRP of $28,100. I financed the car at 1.65% thru RBFCU in San Antonio for 48 months.

2014 Fusion Hybrid S at 12K
By 7383 on 03/03/14 08:07 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my "work" car, purchased for that purpose. Although I have driven a series of employer-provided vehicles over the years, (Ford and GM sedans), this is the first purchase for my own use. The Fusion is, (I am embarrassed to say), the first American-branded vehicle I have ever owned, and I am 50 years old. I drive a mix of 70-75 mph highway, congested city and rural two lane. By way of background, I am fussy and a bit of a "car guy." (Other vehicles: Miata 6M and Acura TSX 5A.) Also, I have prior experience with Toyota hybrids. I like them, and have driven approximately 10K miles in a Gen 3 Prius and a 2009 Camry hybrid That said, here are my observations at the 12K mark:

Ford is lying about the mileage
By safedriver415 on 02/04/14 12:06 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2014 Fusion Hybrid does not live up to its mpg claims. AT ALL! Expect to see no higher than 34mpg from normal driving and 38mpg from "hybrid driving". Unlike the Prius which get its claimed mpg numbers when driven normally, the Fusion Hybrid will never get close to 47mpg unless all your drives are down hill, at 70F degrees, and no headwind. The MyTouch system is a dog. It cant do anything without numerous inputs, and forget about the navigation, it is a true pain to use, so we don't and use our phones instead.

Misleading MPG
By izzy20 on 11/24/13 21:38 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for 2 months now and I think I'm now a decent hybrid driver. However, I don't think this car can deliver 47 MPG. Theres an instrument on the dashboard called Fuel Economy that shows your average MPG. I ALWAYS reset it when I fill the tank and I ALWAYS get 51/52 MPG when I need to refuel. I was excited I was getting "52 MPG". However, I also ALWAYS reset the dashboard TRIP 1 mileage counter when I fill the tank. I started noticing that I consistently get approx 560 miles per gas tank when I end with 52 MPG. Unless I'm missing something, 560 miles divided by 13.5 gallons is only 41 MPG. I don't understand why the dashboard shows 52 MPG when I only get 560 miles per tank.

MPG Learning curve
By khamiam on 11/02/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my fusion hybrid for about a month --and MPG is a learned behavior. First about my driving --right now I am commuting out of state 250 miles from home and then 40 miles round trip from the hotel to work. I drive with the traffic in 55&65 zone. The first week I got 39-41 MPG --which is what I expected and was totally ok with. The second week, I got 43.5 and the third week 45.3 and the 4th 47.1 -- You have to change the way you drive. Easy on the accelerator, to keep it in EV mode.I wait to speed up when the gas engine kicks in. Yes, 47 MPG (for 500+ miles) is possible -- and if you are getting mid-thirties, your driving style doesn't fit ANY hybrid. Use eco-cruise for better mpg.

Awesome car
By qzlkjh on 11/01/13 00:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked up my car about five days back. I researched and was skeptical of gas consumption claims. Some consumers had rated it rather bad. However, I wanted and needed a low gas consumption vehicle. I looked at and test drove many hybrids including Lexus, VW, Lincoln, Toyota. This appealed to me after several test drives. I have not regretted a moment since buying it. It is very comfortable. Quality of build is excellent and consumption is more than what Ford promised. I am averaging around 45mpg on a very long daily commute of 110 miles round trip on a rather flat highway. In city and shorter trips, I have achieved over 55mpg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$139 per month*