2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Disappointed
By ickaris on 12/09/14 19:13 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE in June of 2014 and have since driven 9,000 miles. To be fair, I do think the ride is fine. It has decent leather, and appearance. But to be blunt, you will not get 47 mpg city/highway in normal conditions. Driving uphill, against the wind, or with the heater or AC turned on. It will all draw more power than it can keep charged. I was sitting in a drive through waiting on my food and was watching what happened with a fully charged battery. The electric mode would not engage with the heater running. I always have a 97%-100% brake score and watch my acceleration trying to improve efficiency. I have reached up to 60 mpg on 3 mile trips, and have also h

An excellent value, superior build quality
By barton on 12/03/14 14:38 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yup, I know its a cliche joke but my other car actually is a BMW 530i, which was once named by Consumer Reports as the best car they ever tested, period. So my standard for comparison is different. And I really do appreciate the excellent value that the 2015 Fusion Hybrid offers. This is only a 1600 mileage report, but so far the build quality seems superior, no rattles, and it takes some of my BMW-type throttling over bumps quite well. The seat comfort is excellent for the price range, much better expected. My combined gas mileage is 43.9 MPG overall so far, versus the rated 42 MPG . The touchscreen info system is okay, no issues. Not BMW handling, but it is predictable and seems safe.

35K mileage update
By 7383 on 12/02/14 21:03 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my final update concerning the Fusion Hybrid. All my earlier comments (made at approximately 12k and 22K) remain valid. Nothing has gone wrong with the car, other than a malfunction in the retention spring in the front passenger grab bar. So, at approximately 35K, I remain exceptionally pleased overall. No squeaks, rattles, leaks, malfunctions.

2014 Fusion Hybrid at 36K
By 7383 on 11/30/14 14:29 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Because I reviewed this car at 12K and 22K, I will not be comprehensive in this (final) update. I hope my comments are helpful for anyone seriously considering a Fusion Hybrid. No unscheduled service or repair to date. The only break/malfunction in 36K driving has been the RF passenger grab handle, which suffered a broken retention spring. So, thus far, reliability has been absolute. The positives and negatives I mention in my two prior reviews remain valid at this point, from my perspective.

Everything I hoped for.
By idandfei on 11/29/14 10:24 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've wanted a Fusion since 2013 when the new body style was released. I bought the Titanium and got every option because I hate blank button faces in cars. This is the first new car I've ever owned and I've always hated the blank buttons in all the used cars I owned. I don't believe in global warming and nobody should have to believe in it when buying a Fusion hybrid. It's 2000 dollars extra for the hybrid model and will save you that much in gas costs in the first few years. If you believe in saving money, there's no harm in accidentally pleasing a few hippies.

Luxury Features without the Luxury Price Tag
By ladylou on 10/28/14 07:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2011 Fusion Hybrid and when I got the new car itch, I decided to opt for a 2015 model. I have not been disappointed. I'm averaging 45.8 mpg city and 43 highway in real-life driving situations, an improvement over the 2011 model year. Acceleration is quick when needed, and the car is quiet while in motion. The engine makes just enough noise to let you know when it switches over from electric to gas so you can tweak the gas pedal for better mileage. If you bend your left leg while driving (vs. keeping it straight), it can be difficult to find a comfortable position for your foot because of the way the floor is designed. A ridge on the floor makes it hard to situate your foot and leg.

A very well built appliance, comfortable, solid, but not fun to drive
By barton on 10/20/14 20:28 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only 500 miles so far on the car, and I intend to update this over time. So far I am getting 42.5 MPG in mixed driving. I have rented 2014 Nissan Altima's, several Prius's, and lots of Camry's.The Fusion Hybrid (2015 model) is better built, quieter, more refined, far more comfortable, and more sure-handling on corners than any of those cars-and it is not even close. But where the Fusion falls down, and perhaps all hybrids do, is in driving fun. My comparison in test driving, and for making the Fusion decision, was the VW Passat TDI (Diesel). I have heard that car gets a legitimate 38-40 MPG. And the Passat is a lot more fun to drive. But I picked the Fusion for higher reliability.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybred
By xboeing1 on 10/15/14 16:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car. I have to admit something though. The styling is directly out of a James Bond movie. The front design, which looked exactly like the Astin - Martin sports car. How is this possible for Ford to do this? Easy one, they own part of the company so no lawsuits. As a 70 year old man who still has a serious love affair with the James Bond myth what could I do but buy one. Now I have to say it's doubtful that ever Bond were real he probably wouldn't have been driving a 4 door sedan but I can deal with that:o). As every adult knows when you 'fall in love' with something you lose all negotiating ability. I don't think I got a great deal but I love the car.

No negatives
By towndriver on 07/21/14 06:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We can't understand what the fuss is about the navigation and touch system. It did take a while to find all the many features, but now it is easy to use and the navigation system is very accurate. The four quadrants make it easy to shift from one screen to another. Just a little time with the manual and you should be all set. This is the first American car we have had and we love it. We are getting excellent mileage...better than the newly corrected MPG. We have about 3300 miles on her.

Fusion
By ibteeman on 07/20/14 14:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car 6 weeks ago for an around the country trip. So far I've put 9000 miles on the car and traveled from Atlanta through the north to Oregon, to South California, and back through the south. 2 weeks after I bought the car, Ford came out with their announcement....sorry...we meant 40 MPG on the road, not 47. That was one of the reasons I had purchased this car. But hey, going to get some money back in September, right? Fuel milage has only once came near the 40 (new number) for the highway. So far, I'm averaging around 36 mpg. That has been disappointing. But the other reasons I bought the car was for the comfort and quiet on on that it delivers!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid in VA is:

$152 per month*