2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:
Gas at $1.50 per gallon?
By swhitehorn on 03/25/14 06:23 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

There is a learning curve on how to drive a hybrid and Ford gives you several coaching tools to help you maximize your mpg. There are a few things you can do up front. One is to make sure there is 35 lbs of pressure in each tire (check tire pressure when tires are cold or haven't be driven on in 8 hrs or more.) Wax your car, slow down and ease on the accelerator and brakes. Use the cruise control in the eco mode whenever possible. Remember, by driving conservatively you also create less wear and tear on your vehicle and for the most part drive safer. As compared to my 08 Accord EXL V6 the combined epa increases from 22 to 47 mpg, hence the $1.50 per gallon of gas.

Great value with low ownership costs
By swhitehorn on 03/04/14 14:11 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Fusion SE Hybrid on 2-26-14 and am averaging 40.5 mpg so far. My trip odometer states that I traveled 415 miles on this tank and I still have more than 1/4 tank left or about 160 miles to empty. Keep in mind, this is only a 13.5 gallon tank, NOT a 17 or 18 gallon tank, like many of it's non-hybrid competitors. Basically, the tank holds 40-50% less gas than, say a Nissan Altima's 18.5 gallon tank. The Fusion rides very smoothly and quietly, much more so than my 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6. I paid $24,178 (including the $150 document fee) plus taxes and title. This is $3,913 off the MSRP of $28,100. I financed the car at 1.65% thru RBFCU in San Antonio for 48 months.

2014 Fusion Hybrid S at 12K
By 7383 on 03/03/14 08:07 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my "work" car, purchased for that purpose. Although I have driven a series of employer-provided vehicles over the years, (Ford and GM sedans), this is the first purchase for my own use. The Fusion is, (I am embarrassed to say), the first American-branded vehicle I have ever owned, and I am 50 years old. I drive a mix of 70-75 mph highway, congested city and rural two lane. By way of background, I am fussy and a bit of a "car guy." (Other vehicles: Miata 6M and Acura TSX 5A.) Also, I have prior experience with Toyota hybrids. I like them, and have driven approximately 10K miles in a Gen 3 Prius and a 2009 Camry hybrid That said, here are my observations at the 12K mark:

Ford is lying about the mileage
By safedriver415 on 02/04/14 12:06 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2014 Fusion Hybrid does not live up to its mpg claims. AT ALL! Expect to see no higher than 34mpg from normal driving and 38mpg from "hybrid driving". Unlike the Prius which get its claimed mpg numbers when driven normally, the Fusion Hybrid will never get close to 47mpg unless all your drives are down hill, at 70F degrees, and no headwind. The MyTouch system is a dog. It cant do anything without numerous inputs, and forget about the navigation, it is a true pain to use, so we don't and use our phones instead.

Misleading MPG
By izzy20 on 11/24/13 21:38 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car for 2 months now and I think I'm now a decent hybrid driver. However, I don't think this car can deliver 47 MPG. Theres an instrument on the dashboard called Fuel Economy that shows your average MPG. I ALWAYS reset it when I fill the tank and I ALWAYS get 51/52 MPG when I need to refuel. I was excited I was getting "52 MPG". However, I also ALWAYS reset the dashboard TRIP 1 mileage counter when I fill the tank. I started noticing that I consistently get approx 560 miles per gas tank when I end with 52 MPG. Unless I'm missing something, 560 miles divided by 13.5 gallons is only 41 MPG. I don't understand why the dashboard shows 52 MPG when I only get 560 miles per tank.

MPG Learning curve
By khamiam on 11/02/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my fusion hybrid for about a month --and MPG is a learned behavior. First about my driving --right now I am commuting out of state 250 miles from home and then 40 miles round trip from the hotel to work. I drive with the traffic in 55&65 zone. The first week I got 39-41 MPG --which is what I expected and was totally ok with. The second week, I got 43.5 and the third week 45.3 and the 4th 47.1 -- You have to change the way you drive. Easy on the accelerator, to keep it in EV mode.I wait to speed up when the gas engine kicks in. Yes, 47 MPG (for 500+ miles) is possible -- and if you are getting mid-thirties, your driving style doesn't fit ANY hybrid. Use eco-cruise for better mpg.

Awesome car
By qzlkjh on 11/01/13 00:42 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked up my car about five days back. I researched and was skeptical of gas consumption claims. Some consumers had rated it rather bad. However, I wanted and needed a low gas consumption vehicle. I looked at and test drove many hybrids including Lexus, VW, Lincoln, Toyota. This appealed to me after several test drives. I have not regretted a moment since buying it. It is very comfortable. Quality of build is excellent and consumption is more than what Ford promised. I am averaging around 45mpg on a very long daily commute of 110 miles round trip on a rather flat highway. In city and shorter trips, I have achieved over 55mpg.

MPG is for real. You just have to know how to drive it
By eddiebones on 10/14/13 16:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got my new Hybrid Titanium yesterday, and on my commute to work (45 miles one way) I averaged 46.4 MPG. With more practice, I'm shooting to top 50. I've read all the complaints about how this car doesn't get the advertised 47 MPG, and what it comes down to is this: The folks who aren't getting the proper MPG are just not driving it correctly. They are heavy footed on the gas and brake - GUARANTEED. you have to ease on/off brake and gas with this thing, use cruise as much as possible, and work to maximize that EV mode. Other than the stellar mileage right off the bat, the car is quiet, smooth and incredibly comfortable.

Amazing MPG!
By bacartr1 on 10/08/13 12:23 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have read other reviews on the 2013 and 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid and saw the many complaints about the gas mileage. However, I am happy to report that with my 2014 I am currently averaging 47 mpg. There are 2 things to keep in mind: 1. If you are looking at purchasing this car it is because you want to save money on gas and increase your mpg. To do that, you must learn how to drive the car in all conditions and learn how the hybrid motor works to maximize your mpg. 2. It is not meant to be driven like a regular gas motor car. If you can adapt to this and want to maximize your fuel economy, this is the perfect car for it. The interior is absolutely amazing and comfortable too! Go look and se

Fraud on gas mileage
By cindyropp on 09/24/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I returned my car after driving for a week it got 39 at best, went around and around with ford and after finding out that consumer reports and studies were coming out saying the gas mileage was grossly over exaggerated, they finally agreed to unwind the deal it was getting 29 highway and 38 to 39 city. if you drove like an old person and never quickly accelerated, put the air on, or went up a hill it might get a little better

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid in NJ is:

$230 per month*