Used 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion Hybrid model:

Fusion
By Bill

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hybrid Honey
By Mike Hammer

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A roomy and stylish car; comfortable to ride in and drive. Quiet, with great gas mileage. Not flashy, but a family car you can take to a ritzy restaurant or on a long road trip. A really sweet value for the money. Kudos to Ford Motor Co.

Great looking, mileage and price.
By David ONeill

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered from Ford with one option, the sports package. (Wheels and spoiler and sport interior) Very satisfied overall. Sticker said 47-47-47. Turns out it averages for me a solid 40.4 MPG. Ford eventually settled with owners and gave us a $750 rebate to cover the misquoted MPG. Out the door for around 29.5K. Over 35K on it and no complaints. A few minor recalls including reprogramming the computer so it can go up to 80 on the electric motor. (It was 62 when I bought it) All around I really like it.

Very cheaply made vehicle that costs way too much
By SoCalCASK

I have had this car for 2 years. I drive the car 120 miles a day in Los Angeles Traffic being the vehicle 4 hours a day, I know and understand this vehicle...stay far far away!!! The interior and exterior of this vehicle is the cheapest that money can buy with a luxury price tag. The technology in this car is about 10 years behind the times. The Bluetooth works about 20% of the time which is awful since I drive 4 hours a day and rely on Bluetooth for basic functionality. I need Bluetooth to be able to take care of any client calls and I also rely on this for my podcasts. I am in the car 4 hours and am stuck without any Bluetooth, it is truly like having a car in the 90's again. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR, it is overpriced and Ford should be ashamed. This car cost more than my luxury vehicle and it drives, rides, and is like the cheapest car I have ever purchased. I am paying a premium for what I consider a car not worthy of the cheapest vehicle on the road.
Issues
- No Bluetooth
- If Bluetooth does work the caller hears the phone ringing several times inside the vehicle before you connect, this is extremely unprofessional and most of the time callers get confused and hang up
- The trunk materials fell apart quickly and the trunk doesn't close. I purchased the extended warranty so I took this in thinking this is a basic fix they should cover, NO, they wanted me to pay for their CHEAP materials used that do not allow the trunk to close. No thank you, I can't put any additional money into this piece of ****
- When you take the car in under your prepaid service plan the dealership puts you to the back of the line so you have to wait for any basic service well in excess of anyone else. I work long hard hours, I don't have an extra 2 hours to spend at a dealership. In addition, they refuse to wash the vehicle. Basically the dealership even treats this car like it's a POS cheap car
- 4 recalls on the vehicle thus far. Again, I don't have time to deal with Ford's issues

This is the worst purchase I have made in my entire life. Do not make the same mistake that I did.

Cheaply made car at a premium price

Cheaply made car at a premium price
By David Smith

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had this car since October 2013 and over 60,000 miles. It has had at least four unique recalls and now a fifth that took over a year for Ford to figure out how to repair. The trim is very cheap and general craftsmanship is poor. The gaps between fenders and the both the hood and trunk are variable by side. The trunk is so far out of line it's noticeable from a distance. The front end bottoms out and comes off on the sides. There are rattles throughout the car, but especially in the driver's side rear door. The gas mileage is substantially less than expected. It runs well though and brakes really well. Handling is good. Generally, it is a comfortable but small feeling car. Overpriced with rapid depreciation.