2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Waste of Money

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

Waste of Money
By kingbb71 on

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not waste your money on this car. Ford's claim of 47 mpg highway is just simply not true. I had this car for 6 months and drove 6,500 miles, mostly highway, and averaged about 35-37 mpg. I even tried to drive slow and not accelerate, but could still only average at best 37 mpg. Also, after about a month, the ABS light came on multiple times and the dealer could not figure out why. The Ford MyTouch also does not work as advertised. The navigation system regularly froze and was pretty much useless. I hated this car so much that I took a loss of about $4k to get out of it when I traded it in after six months. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Advertise the correct mpg so people know what they are buying. Sacrificing for the lack of power on a hybrid is not worth it for 35-37 mpg. Fix the MyTouch interface. MyTouch's many features are great in principle, but only work half the time.