The Hybrid for Skeptics
By b25nut on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I’ve never hit a home run or flown first class, but I feel like I have now. I really couldn’t be happier. I would have to spend $25,000+ more to get a car that would provide me with more satisfaction. But then, I’d feel guilty for spending too much money. I didn’t buy my Fusion expecting to get 47 mpg. I don’t drive the way it takes to get that. I currently get 40 mpg on my 10 mile daily commute. The Fusion will entice even the most stubborn driver (like me) to drive more efficiently and safely. This is my first time driving a Hybrid, and I’m hooked. Ford has made my transition so easy. Up to now, I was one of those who always said “I wouldn’t be caught dead in a Prius".
Favorite Features
Looks, comfort, looks, economy. Mine is White Platinum and Dune interior, which I feel add a more opulent feel. Along with the Moonroof and the Luxury and Technology packages, I feel the Luxury Wheels are well worth the extra cost, and put my vehicle at $33,436. I have been mistaken for driving a BMW twice so far. I did not get any of the Driver Assist options. With the mirrors adjusted correctly and the rear view camera, there are no blind spots, and no false alarms. Most convenience features, like door Autolock, can be customized easily to the driver’s preferences.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I would like to see changed so far is that when you tap the Direction Indicator Lever, it flashes the turn lights three times for a lane change. I think they should flash seven times. Like almost all other cars, the Owner's Manual needs a lot of improvement to become user friendly.
By b25nut
on 12/31/13 16:41 PM (PST)

After more than 13 months of ownership, my FFH now reads 42.1 average MPG. Occasional problems with a low charge on the 12v battery have been the only glitches, resulting in the audio turning off before I open the door. Very minor. A drive up and down the central California coast last weekend got 48 mpg. B-25Nut