2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: The car is amazing

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

The car is amazing
By raazer on

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had mine for about 2 weeks and have put over 700 miles on it in that time. I am regularly hitting well above 40mpg and on one occasion hit 48.5 mpg over a 90 mile trip. I figure that the more I learn how to drive the car properly I'll be achieving the full EPA estimate of 47mpg on a consistent basis. The MyTouch is quirky at first but it's just like any computer. You learn the commands and how it functions and you can master it. In the 2 weeks I've owned it, I have learned every command and have found it to be quite a reliable tool in the vehicle. The only features I do not have are the park assist and the adaptive cruise control. So far everything else functions as it should.

The best part of the vehicle is the electric engine. In California traffic it is fantastic. I can drive my entire commute to work on the EV. The MyTouch is excellent. With the voice commands I never have to take my hands off the wheel. The auto-dimming mirrors are great for night driving. The custom seat settings are great. I'm almost 6 foot and my wife is 5'1". So being able to just hit my unlock on my key and have the seat reset to my setting is fantastic!

The one thing that I'd ask Ford to improve upon would be the guage cluster and the ability to customize it. The Mustang allows you to customize the colors and where the guages sit. I would have thought that would be available in this vehicle.