OK to Drive, Do not expect anywhere near EPA
By acdii on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Purchased on 11-23-12, and the car handles Great, rides nice, comfortable to drive for long trips, However, it does not get good MPG. I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, I never had trouble getting EPA in it, no matter what the weather. Most of my driving is done on Rural Highways of 55 MPH, and I use the Ecocruise as suggested, and have driven Hybrids since 2007, and this car is nearly impossible to get in the 40's. I have to really work hard to get 38. The Myfordtouch is horrible too. No APPLINK either. Ford said the car is fine, I don't believe them. The math does not add up to what I put in the tank and what the dash says.
Favorite Features
Adaptive cruise control is great, Lane keeping superb, BLIS! The stereo is ok, nothing like the Sony system in my 2010. The seats are comfortable, the layout nice, easy to reach everything, and not too many buttons.
Suggested Improvements
Either figure out why the car does not meet EPA, or reduce the sticker to more reasonable numbers. When a 3 year old Hybrid rated 36-41 can outperform the new one by at least 2 MPG, something is wrong. Fix the MyFord Touch, and get Applink installed. Do not trust the Nav, bring a standby unit or you may find yourself on unknown roads, drive at own risk (thats what the Nav actually said). Finally, a 2 way Passenger seat? Really? This car cost much more than my 2010 and it has a fully adjustable passenger seat. My wife feels like she is sitting in a hole.
By b25nut
on 01/11/13 15:23 PM (PST)

Acdii has posted on another forum that after his dealer changed the spark plugs, he is now regularly seeing 42 mpg.