Nice looking, but don't expect great mileage.
By dougbratman on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
My 2013 Fusion Hybrid gets about 37 or 38 mpg on average; about 9 mpg less than the stated 47. It's not a lot different than my wife's non-hybrid 2013 Accord. And the price for this mileage is not much power. I brought it in for the "software update" but it did nothing to help. This is a $33,000 car! The car is attractive and comfortable, to be sure. The Sync system is not optimal. When I turn on the car the phone syncs, but I cannot use it for a full 5 minutes or it makes the call and the other person can't hear me. The Accord works right away. There are also times when, in order to disconnect from the call, I literally had to pull over and shut the car off. Talk about a hard reboot!
Favorite Features
Attractive car. Comfortable seats and smooth ride. Better mileage than the average mid-size though, as stated, nowhere near what's promised. Love the backup camera with full color display (The Accord also has a camera on the passenger side to see blind spot). Blind spot monitoring. Beeping when close to rear or side object. Handles well in snow with snow tires. Smart, efficient interior design. Cap-free gas tank access. Heated seats with 3 intensities.
Suggested Improvements
Some design/manufacturing flaws. The mileage is nowhere near as promised and Ford knows this. They had a softwear update that is ineffective. The Bluetooth phone doesn't sync for several minutes at best and is quirky. I've had to pull over and turn off the car to end a call. You can't adjust temperature from steering wheel, as you could with my Explorer. When you wash the car the portion under the trunk lid remains dirty (design flaw). You can get more power with a heavier foot on the gas, but the mileage will suffer greatly. Worse mileage in cooler temps when the engine must stay on longer. Ford should reimburse us for the hundreds of dollars in gas we are buying vs what they promised.