Love the look and feel, but not the MPG
By pkhannon on
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I purchased a Fusion Hybrid SE 4 weeks ago. The car drives great, handles turns with ease, and accelerates decently for a 2.0L. The seats too are very comfortable and the look of the car is fantastic. The MPG however isn't even close to the advertised 47/47. I've put 1500+ miles on the car and my best MPG is 38. In order to try to get better MPG, I've totally changed my driving habits, accelerating slowly, keeping the car at 60 on highways, breaking so that I get 100% power return, etc....I recently read an experts review and they noted better mileage in warmer temps. Maybe..but I also saw that Ford is being investigated by the EPA. I still love the car but the MPG is disappointing.
Favorite Features
Overall look. Very comfortable seats. Sharp interior.
Suggested Improvements
The car is rather loud when accelerating. The brakes are very touchy. The MPG is terrible compared to what is advertised. I could accept something in the low 40s but I'm struggling to even get high 30s. And, I've seen very few other reviews that give me any hope that I'll ever see something in the 40s.
By hybridbear
on 05/14/13 06:54 AM (PDT)

This user might have a lemon because his MPG is very low. Either that or he/she is not driving efficiently which will lower your MPGs in every car

By cbrown747
on 02/18/13 18:04 PM (PST)

I purchased mine the first week of january and I am at 45.7 avg mpg and climbing. The trip meter always hovers around 47.3 so the overall mpg takes a while to build up. I let my wife drive it for a week to see how she likes it and she lost about 5mpg on the trip meter. So all you have to do is accelerate gradually, but still keeping up with traffic, not going over 65mph on highways, coasting when anticipating on stops ahead to build up your battery and working at getting 100% of your braking energy returned. If you do all of that you will get the mpg as advertised. One more thing, I live in florida and the terrain is flat. Don't know if that is important or not and the weather of course is mostly warm. I will say this: Even if you cannot seem get more than 40mpg, the car is well worth it. It is quite comfortable, quiet and very smooth running. It is also unique in looks which is nice that you don't look like everybody else. I have received numerous compliments on the car.

By raazer
on 02/12/13 20:20 PM (PST)

I have had mine for almost 2 weeks and I am regularly hitting well above 40mpg. I even went 90 miles on one trip and hit 48.5mpg on the highway. It's about how you drive, accelerate, and brake.

By b25nut
on 02/07/13 16:23 PM (PST)

We're all waiting for warmer weather to see how it improves our MPG. Limiting your speed to under 62 mph shoud be giving you numbers closer to EPA, however. Short trips in cold weather can be hard on your average MPG.

By walk23k
on 02/13/13 06:08 AM (PST)

I recently looked at an Escape and then went to Fuelly.com and see that it's mpg is overstated. Kia and Hyundai were sued for misrepresenting mpg. and Ford should be sued also. Do all a favor and report it.