2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Consumer Review: Terrible actual MPG versus EPA

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Terrible actual MPG versus EPA Rating
By mikeeewags on

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have now put 25,000 miles on my 2013 fusion SE. I have yet to even get close to 37 mpg, much less the EPA rating of 43 mpg.( Ford was forced to reduce the EPA Rating from 47 MPG to 43 MPG soon after I purchased this vehicle.)Ford uses a blanket statement that it is the way I am driving even though I always have 5 energy leaves. indicating that I am driving at 100% efficiency. My overall fuel economy is 34.5 MPG since owning the vehicle, which is a full 19% less than the stated EPA rating. How is Ford getting away with this .when Volkswagen was fined billions of dollars for the same issues. Ford was forced to give Fusion Hybrid buyers a $750.00 rebate, a slap in the face. They should give each consumer an 80% rebate for the base price of a Fusion and the list price of the Fusion SE. We Fusion Hybrid consumers have been lied to and ripped off by Ford Motor Company. They should have the same sanctions ordered to Volkswagen , at the very least.

Other than the mileage it is a most wonderful car, and adding a lot of chrome makes it a real head turner.

• Outward visibility
  • Headlights
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation

• Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review